Chapter 104: The interview

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The red headed woman introduced herself as Deanna Monroe, she was going to pick us off individually too interview us. Rick went first, and after around twenty minutes the next person went on until finally it was my turn.

I sat down on the chair in front of the sofa, Deanna was currently turning on a camera with stood on a tripod behind the couch "you have cameras? They work?" I asked, she smiled and nodded before sitting down. Deanna crossed her legs and leaned forward "so dear, you can tell me everything and don't worry everything said here is completely confidential".

I looked too my lap "where do I begin, I grew up next door to my best friend Carl" "the boy outside?" she asked I nodded. Deanna smiled knowingly "and you two are together?" I nodded once more "I had a younger brother his name was Nikolai, my father was in the army he died when I was 8, so I lived with my mum and my baby bro".

Deanna nodded indicating she was listening "it was my brother's birthday when this all started, my dad being in the army taught me how to use a gun and survival techniques so we would've been okay" I pursed my lips "I went to get food so we could stock up when I came home Carl and his mother Lori were there and my mother was nowhere to be seen".

I ran a hand through my hair "my mum went looking for me, when I looked out the window she-...she was one of them" I looked up at Deanna my gaze hard and serious, she shuddered under it.

"My brother ran outside and hugged her, she bit him and I shot him in the head before he could turn" Deanna shook her head "for you too go through that my dear, it's tragic" I shrugged "everyone has lost someone now, a lot of people have it a lot worse, it's my job to protect the family I have left, my group. Blood related or not if I find out they've been mistreated in anyway. I will hunt the person that hurt them down and kill them".

Deanna gulped before standing "well, I think I know just the job for you dear. That should be all for now" I stood and shook her hand firmly before leaving the room my face still dead straight. As I left the room out into the hallway where the other's were waiting laughter bubbled from me.

Daryl snickered "did you do it?" I nodded "she was so scared you should've seen her face" I strolled back over to Carl and leaned up against the wall next to him.

~Timeskip~

It was long until everyone was finished with their interview, and we were shown two very large houses. For now we would share one house, to be sure it was safe and when we felt like it was safe we would split up a little more.

I walked into the bathroom and my hand went to the light switch, I flicked it up and the light turned on. I grinned at this, closing and locking the door I turned on the tap to the bath, the water began to run filling the tub. Making sure the water was warm I peeled off my clothes and stepped in the bath.

With a relaxed sigh I sunk down so only my eyes peeked out, I had added bubbles because it's been years since my last bubble bath. This, this is what I really needed I never wanted to get out. I squirted some shampoo onto my hand and began too lather it in my hair scrubbing.

It wasn't long until the water turned brown from all the dirt, I mean it's a zombie apocalypse you don't get time for baths. After changing the water I then rinsed out the shampoo and went for the conditioner.

I was soon finished with my bath, wrapping a towel tightly around my torso I gazed at myself in the mirror, I had rung out my hair so it was damp and not dripping wet. To see myself instead of a killer, it was unbelievable. After drying up my body I changed into some comfortable clothing (up at the top loves).

The old lady who lives down the road had knitted it for another girl my age here but she didn't want it so Deanna had given it too me. I didn't know why that girl wouldn't have wanted it, it was cute and comfy.

I blow dried my hair for the first time in forever and once I was done hung up my towel and stepped out of the bathroom. Carl who had also just showered and changed clothes who was all cleaned up sat on the bed. He looked over and grinned "you look nice" I nodded back at him "so do you, come on I hear they're playing poker downstairs you can kick Noah's butt".

I wrapped my pinky around his own and began to drag him by his small finger, as we walked down the stairs Daryl who had not yet cleaned himself up snickered "so that's what you look like under the dirt" I stuck my tongue out at him as Carol smiled "I for one think she looks adorable" I grinned in gratitude.

Carl sat down and like I had predicted began to dominate in poker, I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind and rested my head on his shoulder peeking at his cards. I wasn't playing so it wasn't cheating, Carl turned his head to peck me on the cheek before turning back to his game.

There was the sound of heavy footsteps on the stairs and Rick showed himself, he was freshly shaven wearing a sheriff's uniform. I smiled "you look like the old you" seemingly flustered he shrugged "I was trying it on".

It's going to be hard getting used to this life but it's going to be worth it.