chapter 34: Moving in and kicking out!

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We all ran as fast as we could towards the half broken down building, but seeming as Rick was a Sherrif he had been to a prison so he kew how things worked. There wuold be differen cell blocks and metal bars for doors so there's no way walkers could get to us. We panted and our legs burned but we didn't stop, i skidded on some wet mud but luckily didn't fall Carl notcied and grabbed my hand to make sure i really didn't slip up. We stopped on the grass of the prison which was swarmed with walkers but from what we could see none could get in. Everyone got there guns or ther weapons ready as walkers advanced on us, i unholstered my gun and aimed at a walkers head, bulls eye! Moving onto the next one, i shot aga]in and again the walkers falling like a stack of dominoes, i was about to shoot the next one when i noticed it was just a child no more than 8. I gasped when i saw the mop of (H/C) and blue eyes "N-Nikolai?" i asked..."b-but...i shot you" i mumbled, he stumbled towards me teeth bared and blood dripping from his mouth. The whites of his eyes were yellow and rather blood shot, my hold ont he gun faltered and my hands fell to my sides "(Y/N)! What are you doing?!" Carl's voice called but it went ignored.

I stared at the little boy who resembled my little brother as he came closer preparing to take a huge chunk out of my flesh. He fell sideways as a bullet entered his skull, Carl ran over "are you ok?" he asked, i turned my attention back to the boy without asnwering Carl and noticed his hair was (hair colour that is not yours) and his eyes were white from decay it wasn't Nikolai at all. I seighed and pinched the bridge of my nose "y-yeah i'm fine" i said eventually and continued to shoot other walkers without hesitation this time. The outer gates had been cleared now for the inner gates, we walked through the gates and closed it behind us so no other walkers would get in then the shooting rampage began again.

Shots were fired, sweat and blood dripped dpwn from everybody faces. Shallow breaths worked there way out our throats and grunts as we used our strength to try and take the prison from these creatures. I aimed at a walkers head and pulled the trigger but all that came out was a click "i'm out of ammo!" i yelled, Carol chucked my a large hunting knife (as seen in the photo at the side). I caught it without cutting myself and pushed it into the skull of the closest walker, blood squirted over my face but i ignored it. Twisting the blade in the walkers head i removed it and allowed the now completely dead walker to fall to my feet. I moved onto the next one a repeated the process until the inner gates were finally clear, we hurried inside but cautiously. I breathed deeply as the darkness of the halls struck fear into my heart, eventually my eyes adjusted to the darkness and i moved through the crowd to find Carl. When i found the familiar brunette i grabbed his hand and squeezed "are you okay?" he asked, i nodded hesitantly. He squeezed my hand reassuringly and we continued to walk through the dark halls Rick and Daryl who were at the front killing the occasional walker prowling the area.

We saw some light at the end of the corridor and headed towards careful to move slowly to protect the pregnant Lori in the middle incase walkers came from the front, back or sides we would have her covered. We came to a cell block which read as cell block C, Rick and Daryl ran off to the office to find the keys. They came rushing back and unlocked the bars we all hestatnly walked in though it was clear not a walker or potentially cannabalistic inmate to be seen. We all sighed in relaxation and Rick locked the door behind us spreading out we started claiming our own cells and it just so happens mine was in between Carl's and Beth's. I plopped down on the uncomfortable bed but it was alot comfier than the floor and sighed "it's weird, after such a long time we finally have a home" Carl's voice called from the opeing of my cell "yeah, i just hope it lasts until...d you think this thing will ever end?" i asked "it has too" he replied walking over and sitting next to me "does it? Maybe everything will be taken over by those things and then...the world goes supernova and everything is wiped out" i said "such a pessimist" Carl chuckled opeing his arms for a hug, i smiled and scoted closer to welcome his hug.

We heard someone clear their throat from the entrance so we seperated, Rick stood there with a sheet "i thought you could use some privacy so i found this sheet you could use to cover the bars" he said "oh thank you" i replied taking the sheet from him. He nodded and left to give sheets to other people, i tip toed and attempted to throw the sheet over the now closed bars Carl chuckled so i turned to glare at him "shut up" i hissed playfully cuasing him to laugh harder. He walked up and wrapped his arms around my waistthen lifted me "aren't i heavy?" i asked "no, but i would hurry if i were you" he said i nodded and hanged the sheet up, making sure it was stable i gave him the okay to let me down. He complied but he didn't let go he kept hugging be from behind "Carl?" i asked "hm?" i hummed nuxxling his nose into the back of my neck "what are you doing?" i asked successfully not stuttering "taking advantage of our privacy" he replied. I giggled as his nose tickled me "ticklish?" he asked "don't you dare" i warned knowing what he was suggesting. He let me go so i turned around just to get pinned to the ground. Carl startled wiggling his hands over my abdomen errupting boats of laughter from me "C-Carl....stop!" i whined in between giggled "never!" he yelled. Continuing to tickle me istarted finsing it hard to breath "cut it out! i-i can't breathe!" i laughed. He chuckled and stopped but didn't let me go.

My giggles died down and i stared at his serious face "what?" i asked my own smile eventaully fading too, Carl lowered his face his eyes on my lips but they occasioanlly flickered up to my eyes. Very slowly he connected our lips and closed his eyes, mine fluttering closed as well. My hands trailed up to entangle themselves in his hair, he his supporting his own weight. We pulled away and smiled at each other until a voice from downstairs called us "everyone!" Rick called. Carl groaned in annoyance and got up offering a hand to help me up, i took it and followed him outside "we need to head out for supplies soon, it's safe to stay here for now so i'll gather a group in the morning it's going to be dark soon" Rick informed, Carl and i went back to my cell and just talked about random things until he fell asleep, i smiled and brushed his slightly dirty brown locks from his closed eyes. I notied how his eyelashed brushed his cheeks and his lips parted slightly, he looked so peaceful i decided not to disturb him so i laid down next to him and got some sleep of my own.