Chapter 81: I'm glad it's not a dream

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It was warm. There was a familiar yet also unfamiliar feeling to this warmth, it was comfortable like i was meant to be there, as i grew closer to waking up i determined this warmth to be another person, there were arms around me holding me to someone. The lack of breasts determined this is a guy or...the girl got into a bad accident. I cracked my eyes open to be met with colour, a shirt a green inner shirt and an over shirt with plain black, white and red patterns on it. I glanced upwards to the owner to see a very familiar ad welcomed face. I smiled, Carl, burying my face back into his chest his arms tightened around me even more and he stirred pulling me closer to him.

I happily complied, snuggling into him further, i heard a chuckle from behind me, Daryl most likely but i didn't care i was too happy and warm and comfortable to care. Carl stirred more but this time i could tell he woke up "hey" he whispered, trying not to let his morning voice get to me i merely groaned not wanting to fall asleep and forget about the warmth but wanting to fall asleep because i was lazy. His chest rumbled as he laughed and let go of me, he sat up causing light to flood into my eyes and the warmth to go. I groaned louder grabbing his arm which he used to ruffle his hair i pulled him back down.

By now everyone was awake and laughing at the scene, i wrapped my arms around Carl's torso refusing to let go "(Y/N) i have to pee!" he whined "go ahead it wil make things warmer" i joked. But with more whines i reluctantly let go and resorted to laying my face in his jacket which he let me use as a pillow, to block out the light. Lazily i used my arms to push myself up and faced the group patting down my morning hair and brushing it with my fingers, it's around Autumn time now, which means it's cold and it will only get colder, the good news is that the cold slows walkers down exponentially, the bad news is it slows us down too, not as much but it still does.

Carl came back shortly after sitting behind me and stretching out his legs so they were either side of me, he leaned forward wounding his arms around my waist and pulling me back towards his chest. I now sat in the same position as him, both our legs straight in front of us (Carl's opened slightly wider so i had room). The other's smiled at the sight before continuing on their business, Rick was looking over a map with Abraham, Daryl, Glenn and Tyrone while Eugene, Rosita, Tara, Carol and the other's sat around the already dead fire trying to make sure it wouldn't relight and set everything on fire.

Leaning over and grabbing my back i pulled out a roll of bandages "can you change my bandages for me?" i asked, he took them as a yes and held his jacket out in front of me so no one would see my breasts as i took off my shirt and bandages, now i didn't let Carl see my chest either so i held the jacket for him while he worked on bandaging me.

I felt fingers trail over my wounds "Carl?" i whispered "i can't believe they did this to you...and i wasn't there to protect you" he mumbled "it's okay Carl, i'm fine now" i smiled reassuringly. He pressed the end of the bandage to my side and wound one arm around my front to reach the roll of bandage so he could wrap it around me. I squeeked as he grabbe something he shouldn't have "C-Carl what are you doing?" i asked "trying to find the roll" he replied "does that feel like the roll?" i questioned "no" "then let it go" he pulled his arm back quickly "i'm sorry!" he chanted over and over, Daryl put two figners in his mouth proceeding to cat call, i sent a glare to him causing him to snicker.

I laughed "Carl it's fine, forget about it" i sighed as he finally managed to wrap it around me, clipping it together with a safety pin he pulled his hands away "done" he cheered proud of himself "thank you" he retook his jacket as i struggled to put my shirt back on. Pulling it over my stomach i lifted my hair out of it and allowed him to lower the jacket as i was all covered now. Luckily the wounds were fully closed now with little chance of reopening with no signs of infection, and i could tell all that by the state of the bandage! All because i had the best teacher ever! Hershel.

Speaking of Hershel what happened to him "hey, what happened to Hershel?" i asked, Maggie look down to her lap sadly as did the other apart from Carol, Tyrone, Eugene, Rosita, and Abraham, Tara seemed to know what happened though "he...didn't make it" Rick informed looking back at the map "w-what?" i whispered in all honesty i wasn't too surprised i had just hoped he escaped a different way. Carl laced his fingers through mine and squeezed my hand as comfort, refusing to cry at such a happy moment i laid my head back on his shoulder and pecked his face, the furthest i could reach was his jaw line so i settled for that.  

Smiling down at me Carl pressed a kiss to my forehead while the others discussed any possible safe destinations for us to move too as staying in the open for too long isn't safe "hey Carl..." i trailed off "hm?" he hummed "i'm gald this isn't a dream" i muttered, he stared at me in shock but smiled anyway with a nod "me too".