chapter 26: i...think i remember...

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

After the...um, thing with Carl i headed out and saw the group talking to each other with confused looks on their faces "what going on?" i asked them "oh! (Y/N), nothing" they said almost too quickly "uh-huh" i said sarcastically, and postioning myself so i rested all of my weight on my right leg with my arms crossed over my chest "it's just that, we were wondering if you were ok" Glenn said obviously lying but i didnt call him out on it. I put up my hands in mock surrender "if you don't want to tell me then fine" i said walking backwards until my heel caught on something and i went tumbling landing on my front i groaned in oain and picked myself up like i was soing push-ups. I turned my head to the side to inspect what i tripped on to see some rocks piled ontop one another an i knew they were graves. I stood up completely and clapped my hands to get rid of the dirt on them. I walked closer to the smaller pile i knew the 2 bigger ones belonged to Otis and Dale but i hadn't any idea who this smaller one beonged too.

I glanced at the group who seemed to be getting more and more nervous "who passed when i was unconscious?" i asked them with my brow raised "u-uh...no one" T-dog stuttered "then what is this grave doing here?" i asked "that;s not a grave it's just a pile of stones in case we so have someone passing" Andrea lied smoothly. But there are sticks here with someone's name engraved i walked closer and the group ran after me to make sure i didn't see. But they were further away so they didn't catch up in time "S...Sophia?" i mumbled staring at the 'head-stone' with Sophia's name sloppily carved in. I once again fell back but not of clumsiness of shock Glenn caught me but i didn't thank him seeing as i was still trying to comprehend what i was seeing. I hisse in pain as a headache or the correct term would a migrane overwhelmed my brain and something flashed in my mind.

I jumped up and ran towards the well to be alone and collasped to my knees trying to get the images back so i could try and peice them together and make a picture or a memory. I leaned forward as my head pounded and gritted my teeth. Silent whimpers flew out of my mouth and my eyes sqeezed shut and the uimages flowed through my brain again. This time i got a better look and saw the barn open, then it went blank and then shooting a walker in between the eyes. It went blank again the next thing i was doing was staring into cold, dead eyes but i couldn't tell who it was. I lifted my hands up and let my head fall on the grass, i laced my fingers in my slightly tangled hair and pulled trying to create some external pain to get rid of the internal pain. I heard footsteps running over but my eyes were still shut so i couldn't hear what or who it was. After i leaned my head down even more so it was in between my legs i heard nothing but a very high pitched sound to high pitched to be a scream. It was ringing in my ears and then the pain left my body so i let go of my hair and hesitatnly lifted my head up and opened my eyes to see dots and blurs. There were bursts of colour but i couldn't make anything out.

I lifted myself to my feet and tried to take a step forward but staggered and fell forward, warm arms helped me back up and let me g again just for to fall forward once more. The person or whatever it was realized that i couldn't walk so they wrapped their arms around my torso and their other arm postioned themselves under my legs and lifted me off the ground. I didn't fight back fo now i had lost my senses, sight, sound, smell i really didn't want to taste the person. But in my mouth was a coppery taste which i assumed to be blood and all i could feel was the warmth of the being carrying me. My temperature raised to match the person's as if we were one being, i rested my head against them and tried to look at their face but still nothing but dots blurs and random colours. I wanted to hear his or her heartbeat but the ringing in my ears hadn't vanished so i couldn't. I tried choking but all that came out of my mouth was some warm thick liquid, i almost choked on it if it weren't for the person carrying me had stopped and rested me on what i assumed to be their leg and then used a soft rag to wipe away what ever it was. At this point it was quite clear that it was blood, i started gasping and coughing and some blood made their way down my throat, i felt the other person start running but i didn't know to where.

I was placed on something cold and i felt my nose start to tickle and then something the same consistency as the blood that flowed out of my mouth flowed out of my nose and because i was now lying down the blood coming out of my nose slowly tricled down my cheek but someone wiped it and then something sharp prodded the back of my hand and broke the skin i assumed it was an I.V. I heard some rattles of metal on metal but it got firther and further away, the ringing in my ear faded so i could hear clearly but the dots never faded my vision. I heard someone running around and voices "she started rememebring things is my diagnosis, sometimes it can be very overwhelming for the brain this isn't too common but it happens. She should be fine, she's a fighter" i heard and elderly voice say. My vision slowly started to clear the colours formed shapes the dots vanished and the blurs became clear. I looked around slowly and caught sight of Carl looking at me with a worried expression and Hershel checking my I.V i noticed a rag on the bedside table with blood on it "w-what happened?" i asked "you...went into shock" Hershel explained "am i going to be okay?" i asked "no doubt" Hershel replied.

I waited for the I.V to drain and Hershel removed it "wait!" i said before he left "can someone tell me what really happened to Sophia, i saw her grave" i asked, Hershel seemed hesitant but nodded "i'll tell her" Carl spoke up. Hershel gave a curt nod and left us alone "so?" i asked "Shane, Daryl and my dad were arguing about opening the barn until Daryl actually opened it, it turns out they had been keeping walkers in their. You shot most of them but another stepped out...Sophia" he said slowly "you couldn't shoot her so my dad did, then you passed out and didn't wake up until 2 days later" he explained. I started seeing flashes of everything an i realized those cold and dead eyes i stared into belonged to Sophia. I nodded slowly "so...how is Carol?" i asked "she's...taking it hard but she's coping" he said "thank you for telling me" i said. Carl looked at me shocked "what?" i asked "i thought you would cry" he admitted "i think i've had enough crying for now" i said "what i really want...is a nap" i laid back down on the bed, Carl nodded and was about to leave but i grabbed the back of his shirt "...stay with me?" i asked. Carl blushed and smiled but nodded and laid down next to me.

I smiled and closed my eyes prepared for any nightmares that might come, but at least i have Carl here to keep me company...