chapter 16: Why does my world keep on tumbling down...

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It's been a couple of days since Sophia has gone missing and at first I thought that she would find her way back and there's only a slight chance she's dead, but it's been forever there's no way she could have survived...I was preparing to go on a run with Shane, Rick and Carl so I grabbed my trusty screwdriver and gripped it tightly in my hands. I walked over to the three of them and huffed "ready when you are" I said in a bored tone, they all nodded in response. They knew that I haven't been the same since Sophia vanished so they didn't question my uninterest in everything. We walked towards the edge of the woods we I last saw Sophia and walked in, I hesitated but stepped one foot inside the forest...then another...then another...then anoth- I can't do this. I stopped and looked around for any sign...anything that could restore my faith for Sophia's safety...maybe she found some nice people who took her in...maybe would've had better chances with them.

The 3 others noticed the lack of footsteps and turned around to see me standing there just a little bit away from the opening of the woods. Shane sighed and walked over to me "come on kiddo, we gotta make it through this...for Sophia" he said softly bending down to reach my height "I...i just keep on imagining how afraid she must of been...out here all alone running for her life" I said with a shudder "I understand" Shane said sending me a fatherly smile. I nodded, put on a brave face and trudged forward "come on...daylight doesn't last forever" I called to the from behind me, they all chuckled and marched after me. I had my brows furrowed and watching everything in front of me, if there was even the slightest movement I would reach for my screwdriver and investigate. I brought my screwdriver out when I heard some twigs snap in front of me, the others saw my movement and brought out there weapons as well, minus Carl because Lori wouldn't let him carry one. I crouched slightly and moved into a clearing behind a bunch of trees so the groups view of me was cut off.

I walked over to what ever the hell it was that made the sound and instantly put down my screw driver, Rick, Shane and Carl eventually caught up with me "what were you thinking walking off like that alo-" I lifted my finger to silence them and stared in wonder at the deer in front of me. The guys stared in my direction and gasped at the beautiful creature. I glanced at Carl and gently pushed him forward "go...see if he likes you" I persuaded and Carl wasted no time to slowly and steadily walk towards the deer. I smiled warmly at the wondrous sight in front of me, the sun shining down almost like a spot light on the two of them the whole world would stare in awe at this picturesque feature in front of them. Carl lifted up his hand as he advanced the deer you could just tell he was smiling, the deer made no efforts to move and just stood there as if wanting him to come closer...closer...closer...closer...clo- *BANG*...

After that one sound everything else drowned out, my eyes widened and time seemed to slow down. I watched as Carl's body slowly slumped to the floor, but I didn't dare move feeling as though if I did then I would fall. My head span and I could her faint yelling which I assumed came from Rick and  Shane, which way is up? Which way is down? I can't remember...how long have I been standing here? An hour? A second? A minute? Time did not matter...not that the moment. I felt this nagging feeling in my stomach, y'know the feeling you get when you're about to puke. I heaved slightly as my breath escaped my lungs but none seemed to come back...I was literally suffocating myself...I didn't think that was possible "...get (Y/N)!!" I heard a voice yell but it was too late...my world faded to black and I fell into warm and welcoming arms.

~in dream land~

I opened my eyes to see nothing but darkness, I looked down at myself to see I had no clothes in but that wasn't what worried me. It was the fact that I was glowing and my hair flowed up around me as if I was under water or something but I could breathe. The way my hair looked and how my body glowed it truly looked as though I was an Angel, my halo being my hair and I am overflowing with heavenly light. I turned my head to look around but saw nothing but black, I tried to take a step forwards my there was no ground to hold my feet it was like I was just floating. I tried swimming forward and that didn't work so I had no idea what to do "you shouldn't move so much dear" I heard a slightly distorted voice call out "wh-what?" I asked "don't you recognise my voice?" the voice said. I thought long and hard thinking that I have heard this voice before "yeah don't you remember us?" another voice called out and that's when a thought popped into my head "...mom? Nikolai?" "she got it!" supposedly Nikolai called out. I saw a faint glow in the corner of my eye and turned to look at it. Seeing that I was not just a glow but it was people! They floated towards me and they seemed to be in the same state I was: glowing, naked and seemingly under water. Though we were naked out glow was brightest in out private areas so that we couldn't see each other's...private areas.

I stared in shock at the young figure and at the older on "it really is you!" I cried with tears prickling my eyes "come on big sis...you know we never liked it when you cried" Nikolai said smiling at me "I know it's just...I miss you so much "and we miss you" my mother said in a motherly tone "but how is this happening?" I asked "to tell you the truth dear...this is just your imagination...we aren't really here. But we will always be in here" my mother said pointing to my heart and then my brain "in my thoughts and in my heart" I said in a trance like state "it is time for us to go but remember we love you with all our hearts" my mother said "yeah we love you big sis!" Nikolai yelled with a grin. The held hands and vanished into thin air...normally I would've tried to stop them from leaving but I suppose I understood now...it's time to let them go but to never stop loving them or thinking about them...

~dream end~

My eyes slowly fluttered open so as not to get blinded by any sudden light "welcome to the land of the living...well the living and the dead" I heard a masculine voice say, my head softly turned to see a familiar man "w-who are you?" I asked "come one (Y/N) that isn't funny...it's me...Shane" he said. I closed my eyes and tried to recall any memories of a man named Shane...or in fact any memories at all. I thought hard...my brows furrowing and suddenly and whole world full of memories came rushing into my head and it felt like a smack to the face! I groaned and held my head "woah...that was scary, I actually forgot you for a moment" I laughed slightly, my throat burning for some water. Shane must've noticed my parched look and handed me a glass of water. I took it from his hands I tried to sit up "careful now" Shane warned as he picked me up by the arms and sat me down "thank you" I said softly before I chugged down the glass of water. I put the glass down on the table and looked around "so what happened? Why am I here? Where is here?" I asked "woah...one question at a time. We're at a farm while Carl gets patched up...you passed out from shock" he explained my brows raised in confusion when Shane said Carl was getting patched up "you don't remember? Carl got shot" Shane said with a worried look on his face. I gasped as I remembered, tears hit my eyes but I no longer cared about hiding my tears. They streamed down my face in a steady rhythm "hey now...it's ok" Shane comforted me as he took a seat on next to me "things are tough but he's gonna pull through, he's a strong boy" Shane said softly while petting my head in a fatherly manner.

I sniffed "but it's my fault...I told him to go closer" I argued "no it isn't! it's that hunter Otis's fault!" Shane yelled "what happened exactly?" I asked "he said he was trying to shoot the buck and didn't see Carl...the bullet went through the Buck and hit Carl" Shane explained "then it wasn't Otis's fault...he didn't see Carl" I told him. Shane sighed but decided bot to argue further, already knowing it was no use "get some rest, i'll be here when you wake up" Shane said softly sitting back in the chair beside the bed. I nodded and laid back closing my eyes.

Why does my world keep on tumbling down?