Chapter 73: New friend?

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We've been staying in this cabin for a good couple of days, the security with the barbed wire fence is excellent and since the walls of the house are so thick not only is it warm in here but walkers can't hear us. It was the perfect defense and it was homey too, bonus! The others were all asleep upstairs, Judith with Tyreese as he was the best person to protect her since he was the strongest although he was the most gentle too...

Stepping out of the house i locked it with the keys i had found in the house not too long ago so no people could get in unless they knock it down. Stuffing the keys back into my pocket i made sure my gun was secured in my holster but loose enough so i could grab it quickly. Since a walker managed to removed my last holster that wrapped around my waist i had managed to find one that wrapped around my right leg, though it was uncomfortable at first i got used to it, i had another the other side but with alot more pockets for my knives.

Jogging quietly into the woods i followed my usual path, since there was only 6 of us and only 4 of us were capable of using weapons i had gotten used to going looting alone. I came to a nearby village that Carol had apparently taken shelter in once before, walking along the roads i smiled at the houses that lined the pavements. They almost seemed like people still live in them, my toe hit something empty and metal which rolled across the ground, looking down i stoopped the can before it could roll away completely and picked it up to inspect it "112 ounces of pudding" i read aloud. The large can was empty traces of pudding inside.

Dragging my finger along the inside i took notice of how it was still wet 'it's recent...eaither someone left not too long ago or they're still here' i thought to myself. All of the sudden i heard gunshots fire in the distance though it seemed it was in this village, grabbing my gun i ducked behind one of the houses in case someone came to see what the ruckus was and attacked me. Hesitantly i walked towards the gunfire until i made it too a rather beaten up looking house, on the floor there were shotgun shells 'still hot' i winced as my finger came into contact with it.

Pushing the door open i began to scout the house, it was empty. No sign of people anywhere, shrugging i holstered my gun and stepped outside, but i froze dead as the tip of a gun pressed against the back of my neck "who are you?" someone asked, the voice gruff seemingly in pain. Gulping i turned around to see a man i had never laid eyes upon before (did you think it was going to be Rick? I'm not that nice XP) he was alone and his leg was bleeding large amounts "you're injured" i gasped. Seeing i would do no harm he threw the shotgun towards the grass and fell to the floor clutching his lef "do you have a group?" i asked "i did...they left me for dead. You?" he asked "..." i didn't reply not trusting this man enough to tell him something like that.

He chuckled "i see the secretive type huh? You must i mean you're a little girl you wouldn't be able to survive out here on your own" taking his words to offense i pressed my thumb rather harshly to his wound that i was inspecting causing him to yelp. Laughing nervously he put his hands up in mock surrender "right, right...sorry" he sighed, i pulled my knife from my holster and he got even more nervous "calm down i'm not going to cut your leg off...really hope these aren't your favourite jeans" i whispered.

Pulling the denim away from his skin i began to cut the clothing off of the wounded area so i could get a better look. The wound was fresh and luckily it was a through and through "you're lucky, i won't have to cut your leg open to removed any bullet shards" i mumbled as i began to tears the denim into strips to act as a bandage "you'll need to change it twice a gay every day so it doesn't get infected" i advised standing up "wait! you're going to leave me here?" he asked "you seem like a strong guy, you'll make it. At least you're not just a little girl" i teased turning around and beginning to descend the porch steps "hey, come on!" he whined. I chuckled as i continued down the road not bothering to turn around and give into his whines.

I couldn't afford to lose anyone else at this stage so letting a complete stranger into our base was not an option, if he wants somewhere safe then he's going to have to earn my trust and the likeliness of that is not so much little as it is non-existant. Sighing as he continued begging even though i was far away i turnedz around begrudgingly and back towards that house where he sat singing a sad and stupid country song "hey" i said kicking his good leg, he turned towards me "you're back! My angel!" he cried jokingly.

Rolling my eyes i helped him up "i'm not taking you to my base, but somewhere safe okay?" i asked "that's good enough for me" he shrugged "i'm Henry by the way" he greeted "(Y/N)" i replied "so...you have a boyfriend?" he asked, i shot him a look "oh! I'm sorry...Girlfriend?" he questioned "dude! No, i have a boyfriend though...we go separated" i sighed "i know how you feel, my girlfriend is out there somewhere" he whispered. Shaking my head i came across a shack, luckily there was a river nearby and it seemed far enough into the woods so that it would be hard for anyone to find him. Resting him against a nearby tree i sent him a stern look "don't. Move" i ordered, he nodded.

Removing my gun from it's holster Henry eyes it warily "you know how to use that?" he asked, i simply smirked walking towards the hut and kicking open the door. It seemed there was only one room and it was clear, holstering my weapon i stepped out once again "it's clear" i stopped dead. Multiple men were in the area one of the holding a knife at Henry's neck "oh shi-" before i could finishe my sentence i felt a pain in the back of my head and i slowly fell forward, Henry yelled my name but it was getting further and further away.

That's when i fell unconscious.