Chapter 101: Apple Sauce

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I bit my lip bouncing my leg up and down in anticipation, the other's weren't back yet and Rick was growing impatient. The hostage, Aaron was still knocked out his head laying limp against his chest after being punched in the face by my father in law.

Aaron groaned before lifting his head from his chest and blinking away his dizziness "well that was fun" he mumbled before shaking his head. Aaron tugged at the rope that bound him to the beam before chuckled in a defeated manner.

I crouched in front of me a semi clean cloth in hand, with a sympathetic smile I dabbed away at the blood on his lip. Aaron thanked me as I stood, I dumped the cloth on the dusty table and Judith began to cry. Rick did his best to try and calm her down "she's hungry" Aaron spoke up.

Rick ignored him "in my backpack, in a jar" he said, Rick refused to listen to him so I went through his bag instead. In the jar was a beige slushy type substance "what is this?" I asked.

Aaron grinned "apple sauce" I cocked a brow "apple sauce? How on earth did you find apple sauce?" I questioned "we have a farm back in Alexandria, we make our own apple sauce" he admitted going to shrug but realizing he couldn't.

I held the jar up, a crack in the barn let light flood through illuminating the jar so I could see it more clearly "fancy that" I mumbled. I unscrewed the cap and took a whiff, it smelt like apples but a lot of drugs don't have scents so I still couldn't trust it.

Rick handed Judith too me and took the jar of 'apple sauce' he grabbed a spoon and headed over to Aaron. Scooping up some of the substance on the spoon he held it in front of the hostages face "eat it" Rick ordered.

Aaron shook his head "come on, why would I poison a baby?" he asked, we both stayed silent. I was rocking Judith to calm her as best I could, but of course it wasn't working as I hoped.

Rick pushed the spoon closer "come on man, I don't even like apple sauce" he pleaded. Not a word from Rick, Aaron sighed opening his mouth, Rick shoved the spoon in dropping it's contents into Aaron's mouth.

The hostage swallowed holding out his tongue to show he had finished it, Rick nodded rushing over to feed the desperately hungry Judith. I let him take her from me and walked over to Aaron, as if knowing what was on my mind he smiled "don't worry, your friends are fine".

I looked up at him "I hope for your sake that's true" the smile from his face dropped and I walking to the beam opposite him and leaned against it. Judith's cries quieted down until she became silent happily eating up her apple sauce.

The doors opened soon enough and in came everyone who had gone to check for the cars and the RV. I took a breath of relief that they all got back safely, Carl strolled over his arms outstretched.

Rolling my eyes I walked into his hug, he used one hand to hold me too him the other on the back of my head, his cheek pressed flat against the top of my skull. I wrapped my arms under his own.

Aaron gushed at the hug shared between me and Carl, Rick walked over to Aaron "tell us where it is" he ordered "normally I would drive there" he smiled nervously.

Rick wouldn't have any of it "you tell us where to go or we're staying" the bearded man said stubbornly. Aaron sighed "can't I just-" "tell us" Rick's voice was stern, like the parent he is.

Aaron looked down "how abut I guide you there instead" Rick was about to protest when I put a hand on his shoulder "Rick, it's fine. Let him guide us, the more time we spend out here the less safe we are".

Rick pursed his lips having an internal battle with himself "fine, but you stay tied up" Rick grabbed his knife and cut through the rope binding Aaron to the beam. Then bound his wrists tightly "start walking" he ordered. I ran a hand through my hair, Judith was now in the safety of Carol's arms.

Rick, Michonne, Glenn and Aaron would be driving in the car, I would be in the RV with the others. I waved bye to Rick and his group "good luck" I said to them all including Aaron.

We headed towards the RV which swung open a petite looking male grinned at us "it's a pleasure to meet you all, my name's Eric" he greeted. After introductions were exchanged we all climbed into the RV, Eric had told us more about himself and Alexandria including the fact Aaron and him were a couple.

As we continued heading on following the car that Aaron was in Eric suddenly stomped on the breaks and swerved to the side. We braced ourselves "what happened?" I asked trying to tone down the adrenaline running through me "a roamer came out of nowhere" he said flabbergasted.

I stepped out of the RV to investigate Daryl alongside me, pulling out my gun we scouted around the RV. Just as we were about to deem it clear I could see the faint outline of a hoard of walkers coming our way, and they weren't here for apple sauce.