chapter 10: Grandpa?

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I grunted in my sleep, I heard a gunshot and I snapped my eyes open, I peeked out of the zip in my tent to see a bunch of walkers attacking everyone, my eyes widened in horror I shot over to Carl and shook him roughly "mmm five more minutes" he mumbled and turned over "Carl!" I whisper yelled he looked at me "what?" he asked groggily, get up! stay in here ok, just stay in here!" I whispered "what? why?" he asked, I grabbed my gun" there are walkers all over the place, from what I saw Rick isn't back yet" I replied "whatever you do, do not open up the tent, the walkers shouldn't be able to rip it open, but to be sure don't make a noise ok?" I asked he nodded "are you going out there? are you crazy what if you get bitten!?" he yelled. I covered his mouth with my hand "If I get bitten then I get bitten, at least you'll be safe" I whispered "please don't come out" and with that I opened the zip quickly and quietly shutting it securely behind me.

I saw a walker limping towards me, I wasted no time to shoot it between the eyes, I walked over to Shane "what is going on?" I asked "they came out of nowhere, they got Ed" he said my eyes widened slightly, I wasn't surprised though, Ed couldn't do anything but get drunk. I stood back to back with Shane and shot oncoming walkers "where the hell is Rick?" I asked, Shane just shook his head "I have no idea, he should be here by now" Shane retorted, I glanced at the tent slightly and saw a walker trying to rip it open, I quickly shot it in the back of the head "there are to many of them, and the sounds of the guns are just attracting more of them" I complained "but we have to get through this" I muttered. A light shined over all of us, it was Rick! Everyone who went with him came out and started attacking the walkers. Rick came running over to me "where's Carl and Lori?" he asked "Carl is in the tent over there, but I'm not sure about Lori" I said looking around for her "Lori's in the tent over there" he pointed to the one next to Carl's, Rick nodded relieved. We all heard a scream and turned to look at Andrea and Amy. My mouth hung open "oh my god...Amy" I whispered she just got bitten.

We were more determined then before to get rid of the walkers, Shooting more, fighting more...crying more. Tears streamed down my face as I shot walker after walker, Amy was like the older sister I never had...and now. WHY DOES EVERYONE I LOVE KEEP ON DYING?!? I screamed in my head, I bit down on my lip so hard it bled, I winced a little but ignored it as I shot the last walker. I dropped my gun on the ground and ran towards Amy, I got on my knees "A-amy?" I asked I was about to brush the hair out of her face when Andrea screamed at me "DON'T TOUCH HER!!!" I fell backwards as Andrea ran towards Amy and held her, glaring at me "n-no...l-l-et h-her" Amy muttered "BUT SHE COULD OF SAVED YOU" INSTEAD SHE SHOT AT THE ONES HEADING TOWARDS THE TENTS!" she yelled one more time "you could've saved her too you know" I muttered darkly "but you were to busy trying to impress Shane" I continued "don't start (Y/N)! Don't you f****ng start" she retorted "p-p-lease s-stop fighting....t-this is not t-t-the last thing i-i want to s-s-ee" Amy stuttered out, her hand twitched as she motioned for me to come closer "(Y-Y/N)....t-take care of y-yourself ok? m-make sure A-Andrea doesn't get o-o-out of control" she ordered, i nodded grasping her hands tightly "A-Andrea, i l-love..y-you" and those were her last words...

My head turned to face the floor and my tears dripped into the ground. 'well Amy, hopefully you get to meet my mother and brother' i thought to myself 'they cared for me just as much as you did' i wiped my eyes harshly and walked over to the RV "w-we should go...it's not safe here anymore" my voice cracked and i walked inside the RV. Dale walked in after me and sat down on the bench opposite "hey...you were brave out there" he said softly "that's what everybody keeps saying...but I'm nothing but a coward. I could've saved my mother, my brother, Amy! but i keep messing up Dale! I feel so lost, I have nothing left" by this point the tears i tried to wipe away came flooding down my cheeks once more. Dale looked at me sadly "you have a new family..." he whispered to me, my eyes widened "like you said, we're all a family now...you have us" he said looking in my eyes, i stood up and hugged him he was definitely caught off guard but he hugged back "you know, if this didn't happen you would've made a great grandpa" i muttered, he laughed softly "well, now I'm your grandpa ok?" he asked i nodded "sure...grandpa "I whispered with a smile on my face.