chapter 52: Visit from the Governor

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I sighed as i continued stroking fertilizer into the ground, today it was my turn to do the gardrening today and i hd no problem with it of course if it hadn't been for the extreme heat the world decided to burden me with this pleasant morning. I smiled softly when i saw small green sprouts protruding the ground 'im glad that the smallest things can still make people happy' i thought to myself my down mood suddenly uplifted slightly. I stood up and wiped the sweat from my brow with the back of my hand when arms wrapped around my waist and a head rested on my shoulder, i grinned not even having to look to know who it was "hello Carl" i greeted "mm" he replied.

I giggled pushing him off "come on i'm hot enough as it is" i teased taking his hand and dumping the bag of fertilizer in the shed as well as the gardening glove i had on. I admired the rough yet still soft hands of none other then my boyfriends, the roughness from using weapons often and having to lift heavy things etc. but the softness from the fact he is still a kid whether i remember that we both are or not. We both stopped dead as a gunshot was heard from the front, i unholstered my gun unfortunately having to let go of Carl's handn and dashed towards the sound.

Upong arriving i let the gun fall out of my hands and collapsed onto my knees as the one person i didn't want to see was sitting upon a horse in all his glory "the governor" i whispered trying to stop the awful memories which flashed through my mind. The aforementioned man turned to me and grinned "long time no see sweetie" he cooed. I shivered disgusted and sat limp allowing Carl to wrap his arm around my and bury my face into his chest so i no longer had to stare into that man's eyes...or eye. "what do you wany?" Carl growled obviously incredibly furious at the man "you must be Carl...she told me nothing about you wasn't that sweet of her" he cackled.

Rick walked out of the prison and faced the man "get out of here" he ordered "no can do, not until you people pack up and leave. Leave the prison now!" the governor yelled back "after what you've done to our people alrady you think we're going to listen to a word you say?" Rick asked "of course not, but if you don't...worse thing will happen" at that i stood up accidentally letting Carl fall to the ground "sorry" i mumbled before picking up my gun and pointing it straight at the man, ignoring that his followers pointed their guns at me "shoot me if you will, but at least in hell i'll be there to torture you some more because if i'm going, you're going too you son of a b*tch" i cursed at the man.

Putting his hands up and then back on his reins hie nodded "fine then, you have 2 weeks to pack up and leave, 2 weeks don't waste it" the governor warned backing up and leaving along with his mindless zombies he called bodyguards. I put the gun back in it's holster when my arms were grabbed rather harshly and i was staring into the bright blue eyes of Carl "what?" i asked "do you know not only how stupid but how dangerous that was?" he asked with his voice risen "yes, but i don't care Carl...the quicker the world is rid of that man the better" i scowled to myself. Carl loosened his grip before once again pulling me into an embrace "remember our promise (Y/N)...please don't break it" he whispered. Wrapping my arms around torso i breathed in his scent which was Earthy but sweaty with a hint of decaying blood from the walkers he had killed "i won't" i replied equally as quietly.

Rick walked over to us causing us to break our embrace our arms were still around each other's hips "you guys alright?" he asked we nodded "that was brave (Y/N) but if you do it again i'm going to have to handcuff you to Carl but i'm sure you wouldn't mind" he snickered as our faces turned crimson "dad" Carl whined pushing Rick slightly who only laughed and nodded walking off to tend to the gardens more. Shaking my head i walked along the dirt road with Carl back to the prison to have a well deserved shower of course without Carl i mean come on we're only 13. Waving we parted, me to the shower an Carl to Judith.

Stripping myself of my clothes i pumped the water several times to make the shower run, and let the cold water run over my skin. Although i would've preferred warm water this we were lucky to have a shower at all, taking the bar of soap i ran in over my body closing my eyes only to snap them back open when the memory of the governor harshly ripping off my clothes flashed in my mind for the second time today. I shivered and rinsed the suds off moving on to hair procucts.

~Timeskip~

I straightened out my shirt and pulled my already dry hair out of it (clothes at the side, with our without the scarf but i kind of have a thing fior scarves so...) smiling into the mirror i trudged up the stairs comfortable that i was now clean. I wave to Carol who waved at me and continued walking to my cell so i could relax, when pushing the curtain aside i smiled softly when i saw Carl sleep on my bed which was a familiar occurance, shutting the curtains once again i sat down as softly as i could beside him and admired his features (i know i make you do this a lot but with someone as attractive as Carl i mean...it's only natural XD) carefully i used my fingertips to brush the brown locks from his face and squealed when arms wrapped around my waist and quickly pulled me into a lying down position.

I giggled as Carl buried his nose into the back of my neck, my back was pressed against his chest and out legs were intertwined in a strange way "Carl i thought you were asleep" i whispered "i wasn't" he replied chuckling deeply, the whole voice change thing was rather attractive not to mention adorable, one mintue his voice was all squeaky and cute then the next deep and alluring. I smiled to myself 'Carl really knew how to take my ming off of things and not only for that but everything else...i love him'.