Chapter 59: We did it

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It's been a couple of days since the meet up with the governor, we were all prepared for him to come and by the sound of vehicles approaching...they were. I was currently in a S.W.A.T uniform standing in between Maggie and Glenn behind walls looking through the scope thing of the sniper rifle i was holding, my eyes narrowed when i saw them approaching and by then...i mean a lot of the governor's followers but that's not who caught my eye, no it was Tyreese and Sasha who were in the crowd along with them, they seemed hesitant but held their guns close with serious looks on their faces.

The governor talked through a speaker phone "you had been warned Rick! This is on you" with that the people started shooting...a lot, bullets hit the building and ricoched causing some of the governor's men and women to get hit. I started firing my gun but unfortunately i didn't have a clear shot of the governor and every bullet counted so i resorted to shooting his bodyguards. One by one they dropped until one of them faced me, but before i could duck down again they fired, i screamed in pain when the bullet penetrated my shoulder. Maggie and Glenn yelled my name as they stopped shooting, pushing my palm onto my wound to slow down the bleeding i shook my head "it's nothing keep shooting" i told them "but-" "Maggie, Glenn! We don't have time for this, this wound is nothing keep shooting" i said sternly.

Nodding they hesitantly turned back to the crowd and began to shoot again, taking my hand off my wound i lifted it to my face and stared at the crimson blood that stained it. Gulping i ignored the throbbing and looked through the scope one more time firing again, walkign began to push the gate over and made their way through. The governor's people were getting eaten alive, obviously it was gruesome and hard to watch but it rose our chances.

Eventually they all piled into their vehicles and sped off, grinning i dropped the snipre rifle forgetting the pain in my shoulder and with the engaged couple behind me we walked from our barrier to meet with the othes "we did it!" everyone cheered. Laughing, i sucked in a sharp breath i groaned falling to my knees as i once again pressed a palm to my wound "what's wrong?" Carl asked running over and helping me up "one of the men managed to get a lock on her, they shot her in the shoulder" everyone gasped and hurried to get me inside before i lost too much blood.

I was sitting on the medicle table and unfortunately my clothing would've gotten in the way so i had to remove my shirt but i could kep my bra on. I winced and groaned in pain and Hershel inspected the wound "it's seems to be a through and through so you're lucky you don't need to get the bullet removed but that also means it's going to bleed a lot more and leave a scar" he sighed, nodding i bit my lip as i readied for him to apply the cleaning products.

At that time Carl walked in and grabbed my hand "you can squeaze if it hurts too bad" he whispered, nodding i let out whimpers as Hershel poured on peroxide. Apologizing Hershel grabbed the bandages and started wrapping it around my arm tightly but not enough to cut off the blood supply "there we go, i'll check on it tomorrow make sure you haven't gotten an infection but i doubt you have. You're free to go" i thanked him before throwing my shirt on and dragging Carl out who had a guilty look on his face and where do we normally go to talk? My room.

Sitting on the edge of the bed i sighed and looked at him "what's wrong?" i asked "it's just that...you keep getting hurt and i'm never there to protect you i mean- i don't understand why you put up with me" he admitted. I laughed pushing him playfully "you're an idiot you know that? I love you Carl, and you're always there for me whether you think it or not so don't be so down" Smiling in gratitude he opened his arms for a hug without hesitation i walked into his hug wincing as his body pushed against my shoulder "i'm sorry!" he exclaimed "it's fine Carl, it's either feeling pain in my shoulder or not hugging you and i need to hug you" at this he laughed patting me on the back "you should get some rest" nodding i allowed him to push me away and walk out.

Falling back onto my pillows i sighed and closed my eyes as i fell asleep.

*The Governor's P.O.V (lol what?)*

I saw (Y/N) today she looked as good as ever but i must say i like the fear on her face better then hatred, i chuckled as i pulled Andrea close to me but all i could see was her. The (H/C) hair instead of blonde (if you're blonde please ignore that part), the (E/C) eyes instead of blue (same with this), shorter the smell of mud yet a hint of vanilla and lavender.  Andrea reached up and brushed my cheek with her thumb "(Y/N)..." i whispered "what?" she said shocked "huh?" i replied confused "i thought you said (Y/N)" Andrea mumbled "what? Of course not, i said Andrea" she smiled and nodded easily believing my lie.

Stroking herb blonde locks i sighed 'i can't slip up like that again, if she finds out about my infatuation with the young girl then she'll turn against me and i need her to get what i want' i thought to myself. Grinning i leaned down and pecked Andrea on the lips "i have to get too work" worming my way out of her embrace i turned my back and my smile dropped 'i will get you (Y/N)...if it's the last thing i do'.