Chapter 107: Party

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It's been a few days since the...'incident' in the woods and the atmosphere between Carl and I was slightly awkward. So far Carl hasn't appeared to have gotten any closer to Enid and surprisingly she was backing off a little. Probably because she saw the little bruise marks on my neck.

The 'bruises' have disappeared now, I convinced the others that I had fallen and a few rocks hit my neck. They bought it. Deanna was throwing a party apparently it was for us as a welcoming party.

I sighed as I stared at myself in the mirror. Jesse had come around with one of her old dresses which she thought might fit me. It was a loose fitting purple dress, with long sleeved arms and a deep V-neck but not low enough to show too much.

The dress reached my knees, a dark purple silk ribbon tied around the waist. The ends of the ribbon falling down to half the length of the dress. My hair was curled lightly, on side pinned behind my ear.

Some of the older ladies here wanted too dress me up, so they applied a light amount of make up. The eyeshadow was a champagne colour, winged eyeliner but nothing too eccentric.

And a small amount of pink gloss, hanging from my ears were golden feathers. The gold was real surprisingly, Jesse had managed to snatch it from a jewellery shop not too long ago.

Around my neck was a silver necklace, the pendant at the end was shaped like a crossbow, Daryl was particularly fond of this item. Upon my feet, were silver shoes, they were heeled slightly. And straps held the bottom of the shoe to my feet.

I was ready, most of the others had already gone, Carl was waiting for me outside. I opened the door, Carl grinned over at me. His smile soon dropped in shock a light pink dusting his cheek "you uh...you look great" he smiled.

I thanked him taking his hand and heading towards Deanna's house. I knocked on the door, Deanna pulled it open and gasped "(Y/N), don't you look beautiful?" I thanked her, as she ushered us inside.

Ron waved us over too him, Carl and I walked over "(Y/N)! You're wearing a dress!" he said surprised. I nodded tugging it down nervously "you look good" I felt Carl's hand tighten around my own. I glanced at his curiously, he had a forced smile on his face.

Enid was there, she wore 3/4 jeans and a hoodie, though she wore beige eyeshadow and winged eyeliner. Maybe some lip balm, I would've killed to wear what she was wearing, it's not safe to wear dresses and heels in a world like this.

The dress could get caught and give a walker the opportunity to bite you, and it's hard too run in heels. Enid gave me a once-over before pursing her lips and crossing her arms, looking away.

I felt a little pride in this action, she was jealous. Whilst Carl and Ron talked I went too 'mingle' as Rick put it. Sasha was standing in the corner seemingly panicked, I walked over "you okay?" I asked. She gulped "yeah, fine. Why?" she questioned hurriedly.

I rose a brow "you look like you're having a panic attack" she wiped sweat from her forehead "I- I need to get out of here" she went to run out of the building when she was stopped by one of the ladies.

After some blabbering Sasha yelled "that's what you're worried about?!" everyone silenced, looking at her. Sasha glanced around before making a bee-line for the exit.

I was about too run over to her when Michonne put a hand on my shoulder and shook her head. I sighed, Sasha needs her space, she's not used too this world. She was just getting used too fighting for her life everyday and now this...luxury? It's not—it's not where she belongs.

I crossed my arms and continued on, heading back over to the people of my generation. Carl smiled at my arrival wrapping his arm around my waist, I leaned against him "you okay?" Ron asked.

I shrugged "trying too get used to wearing a dress again" they laughed, Enid cleared her throat "I'm leaving" she said pushing passed us. Ron was about too run after her when I put my hand up "let me, she needs a girl to talk too" he nodded in understanding and I walked after her.

Enid was leaning against the side of the house glaring at the ground "glare hard enough and you might just make a hole" she directed her glare to me for a moment before looking away. "What do you want?" she sighed.

I walked over leaning against the house next to her "I get you don't like me very much" she scoffed "that's a understatement" Enid mumbled. I rolled my eyes "and you know I don't like you".

I glanced at her, she nodded "and I get you have a crush on Carl" Enid went rigid. Bingo. I chuckled and closed my eyes shaking my head "you know we're married right?" Enid laughed dryly "married? Aren't you too young for that?" "we are" she pushed herself off the house too walk away.

"Then you aren't married" as she turned to walk away I gripped her wrist, the she-devil (sorrynotsorry) glared daggers at me "listen here Enid" I hissed her name.

"In a world like this, it doesn't matter if you're black, or white, or purple with green spots, you're human. It doesn't matter if you're too young for something, we wanted to be closer, and we are now, deal with it" she tore her arm from my grasp straightening her clothes out.

"And I hope you know this Enid, I will not give him up without a fight"