chapter 38: The first time

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

A couple weeks have passed since finding Carol and everything was looking up, Rick was getting his head back he was cooling off and Daryl has also been calmer ever since Carol returned we're all alright. I walked around the halls in between the group of men scouting the halls of the prison, we heard some noises and we're just hoping it's nothing bad. I gulped as more footsteps were heard ahead of us "it's alright just walkers" Rick announced from the front, i sighed in relief and the gun started firing, i'm surprised Carl didn't come but he was sleeping and i didn't want to wake him. We walked down the halls and a scream was heard behind us. I turned around and gasped in shock and horror as i saw a walker biting into Hershel's leg "oh my god, oh my god, omygod...ohmygodohmygodohmygod" i chanted over and over again holding my head. Daryl shot the walker with his crossbow and Rick ran over to me, my fingers were curled in my hair and my breathing sped up. He took me by the shoulders and looked me in the eye "calm down (Y/N), breathe like i am okay?" he asked.

I nodded and tried to do as he said but it wasn't working "someone take her back to the cell block i think there's someone there who can calm her down" Rick announced. Glenn ran over and because i was hyperventilating i couldn't run so he picked me up bridal style and ran down the halls before i ran out of air. Glenn stopped before the locked gate nad kicked it "open up! Hurry!" he yelled. Carl was awake and ran over unlocking the gate "what's going on?" he asked "no time to explain, take her calm her down i have to get back" Glenn rushed "and lock the gate!" he yelled running back. Carl tossed the keys to Maggie who locked the door i was sat on the floor still barely breathing but trying hard "(Y/N)...look at me" he said my eyes trailed up to meet his "breathe okay? Like me just breathe, remember our promise (Y/N) don't break it...don't leave me" he begged panic spread across his features. Time slowed down and suddenly it was only us in the room my breathing slowed to a normal rate and the blue in his eyes calmed me. Carl grinned with relief knelt and hugged me i hugged back tears dripping down my eyes "now...can you tell us what happened?" he asked "us?" then i remembered the group was alswo in the room "i-i'm sorry...i'm not too sure yet" i replied some-what honestly.

The main reason i didn't tell the absolute truth was because of Maggie and Beth i could't just tell them without knowing if Hershel was alive or dead. I stood but wobbled and fell forward Carl catching me under the arms and lifting me back up "careful there" he chuckled. I laughed nervously and tried to balance on my weak legs "come on" he sighed turning around, i cocked a brow in confusion "what?" i asked "get on my back, you can't walk so why not?" he asked. I shrugged and jumped onto his back and he started walking towards my cell "aren't i heavy?" i asked "you want the honest answer?" he chuckled, i clicked my tongue and hit him over the head "wha- hey" he whined. I poked my tongue out childishly and ginned "just now you should never comment on a girl's weight, good or bad" i advised "it was good though" he defended "really now?" i asked "of course" he replied. I shook my head with a giggle and let him sit me down on my bed "comfy?" he asked "mhm" i replied "can you at least tell me what's going on?" he asked "i'm sorry but...i can't tell you because i'm not even sure what really happened myself. All i can tell you is someone got injured and i'm not sure whether they're alive or not" i explained "my dad-" "not your dad" i cut him off, he let out a breath of relief.

Sitting next to me he rubbed up and down his thighs nrevously "what's the matter?" i asked "if you reacted like that then it must be someone important right?" he asked, i scoffed "everyone with me was important" i retorted "are you okay?" he asked "yes!" i yelled angry. I sighed and calmed down "i'm sorry just...on the edge" i murmered pinching the bridge of my nose "it's okay, i think everyone is" he replied lifting his hand from his leg and rubbing my back in a soothign manner "no you guys are staying in there!" Rick's voice came from downstairs "oh my god daddy?" Maggie cried. I ran out the door to them and some strange men in the holding next to the cell block caught my eye "who are they?" i asked "we found some inmates along the way" Rick replied setting Hershel on the table for Carol and Maggie to attend to his...FOOTLESS LEG?! "what the hell happened to Herhsel?!" i screamed "he was bit we did what we had to" Rick replied. I thought for a moment "so...you stopped the infection beofre it spread to his brain?" i asked, Rick nodded "at least that's what we think we did, if anyhting it will slow the turning down" he continued "that's...either the dumbest or the smartest idea i think you've ever had" i mumbled "well thanks" he replied sarcastically. I laughed breathlessly "why are you laughing when my dad is like this?!" Beth screamed at me, i sighed "do you know why people laugh when someone falls over?" i asked.

Beth stared at me confused "no" she replied "they laugh because they know it could've been worse" i replied "i laughed because it's better he has one less foot then being dead all together plus Rick said something funny!" i yelled frustrated tears gethering in my eyes. With a strangled cry i stormed off to my room slamming the door shut and making sure the sheets completely covered the bars. I put my head in my hands and kicked the wall "what's going on with me?". Soemone knocked in the bars "come in" i mumbled sitting down on my bed, and as usualy i expected it to be Carl but i was surprised when i found it to be Carol "what's u-" i cut myself off as a sharp pain to my abdomen appeared, i groaned and held that spot "does it hurt?" she asked, i nodded "i know what's wrong" she chuckled sitting down next to me "you have all the symptoms, the pain in the stomach, the mood swings. Honey..." "i'm pregnant?!" i screamed "what? no, you're going to have your first period" she laughed "oh...i learnt about that in biology,,,that means i'm going to start you know...bleeding soon right?" i asked she nodded "your going to need these" he replied handing me a plastic packet. I looed at the cover "pads?" i asked "yep, they catch the blood, and you're a genius you'll figure out how to put them on" she chuckled.

I smiled stood up and walked in front of her, wrapping my arms around her neck in an embrace i smiled "thank you" i said, she laughed and hugged me back "any time" she replied and soon after left. Wow...my first time i am not looking forward to this