Chapter 91: Calming Carl

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I decided i wanted some fresh air after being cooped up in that church for too long, Carl had wanted to come with me as he was afraid i would get hurt or something but i assured him  i would be fine, i armed myself with knives and guns and a bottle of water so i should be fine. I stood on the porch with Carl about to leave "you have ammo right?" he asked "yes" "and water?" "ye-" "and you should take some food too" he pushed some crackers into my hands "if you run into trouble you can't handle just run to me" "oka-" "and don't forget, don't talk to strangers an-" "CARL!" i yelled stopping him in his rant.

Staring wide eyed at me he tilted his head to the side clearly not knowing what was wrong "i'm going t be fine okay? I've done this a million times i always come back don't i?" i asked "but-" "don't i Carl?" i repeated, he sighed "yes" pecking him on the lips i stepped down from the porch "i'll be back before you know it alright?" he nodded "love you" he whispered "love you too" i replied as i walked into the forest.

I made sure i knew i how to get back by memorizing my path which was slightly difficult since all the trees look the same but i managed. With my hand resting on my gun i stepped over a root and continued walking, and over another one but this time i was careless a hand clamped down on my ankle and i heard the groaning of a walker, i screamed. So loud my group in the church probably heard it, i pulled my ankle from the walkers grip before it could sink it's teeth into me but the force caused me to fall luckily i fell on my behind instead of my front so i could keep my eye on the walker.

It's lower half had been cut off so i used it's arms to pull itself along though it was slow, i shuffled backwards desperate to stand but since i have terrible luck i had caught my foot in a random vine that was lying on the groung during the fall. I tugged and pulled at it, reaching for my knife but as luck wuld have it, it fell out of it's sheath and was laying on the floor too far away from me to reach along with my gun.

I tugged desperately as the walker crawled along "CARL!" i yelled loudly, hopefully he'd be able to hear me since i'm not too far from the church. The walker got closer "CARL!!!" i yelled louder, it reached for my foot "CARL!!!!!!!" that was the loudest i could manage if he couldn't hear that then there was no hope for me. The walker was even closer, i kicked it's face away but it just caught back up. I squeezed my eyes closed as i braced for the bite when a gunshot went off and someone ran towards me.

I was wrapped up in someone's arms, Carl. I opened my eyes letting out a shaky relieved sigh, he picked up my knife cutting the vine from my foot and assisted me to stand "are you okay?" he asked frantically searching me for injuries "i'm fine, a little shaken up but i'll be okay" i sighed as he brushed the hair from my face. His thumbs brushed under my eyes as tears filled his own "Carl..." i whispered worriedly as they rolled down his face "i was so worried, from now on promise me that you'll never go anywhere without me" i nodded "i promise".

He sighed resting his forehead on my own and closing his eyes "please don't ever scare me like that again, i heard you scream and i thought it was my imagination but when you called my name i knew you were in trouble so i grabbed my gun and i ran here, i'm just glad i came here when i did if i was a few seconds late-" "but you weren't Carl, you got here on time and you saved me don't worry about the if's" i cut him off.

He opened his eyes "we should head back the other's are probably worried, i left without saying anything" he said looking towards the direction of the church "hey Carl?" i mumbled "hm?" he hummed turning his head towards me with my hands on his cheeks i pulled his face down towards mine "wa-" i pulled him into a kiss, my eyes closed. Carl clearly shocked as for once i was the assertive one but obviously he wasn't complaining, with his hands on me waist he took a step closer and although we were only one maybe two inches in height difference i had to tilt my head up and his down.

Our lips moved in sync, before we pulled away breathlessly "well...that was new" Carl commented "i almost died Carl, the adrenaline makes you do things" patting him on the chest i stepped away from him and began walking towards the church pocketing my knife which i had slipped ut of his hands "wait...are you saying you wouldn't have done that if it wasn't the adrenaline?" he asked speed walking to catch up, i only laughed "wha- (Y/N)!".

As we walked through the wooden doors we were flooded with questions leaving me too explain what happened, as the worried faces spread i saw a face i hadn't seen in a few days "Daryl!" i gasped running towards the man and glomping him, he chuckled hugging me back before setting me down "good to see you two kid" he said ruffling my hair.

Next too him was a man i had never seen before "everyone this is Noah, he knows where Beth is".