Chapter 32: Marriage?!

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

A few months had passed since we lost the farm and things aren't going so well, we keep on running out of food and water. But Lori's showing now, she's about...7 months along now that's how much time has passed and in all honesty it feels like years. My 13th birthday is coming up and so is Carl's and i'm kind of worried because after a birthday things take a turn for the worst and i just hope that isn't going to happen. I sighed and tighetend my grip on my gun we're currently looting a house but before the more vulnerable of the group come in ew have to make sure there aren't any walkers or survivors that would want to bring harm to us. I turned the corner with a new found cold look in my eyes and aimed at the figure which just happened to be Carl "find anything?" i asked putting my gun back in it's holster "nah" he said "let's check the kitchen" he suggested, taking my hand and dragging me to the kitchen.

He rummaged around the cupboards before sayin "ah-hah!" and pulling out 2 cans, then goignt to look for a can opener "but Carl, this is dog food" i said picking up the can and showing it to him "it doesn't say it isn't safe for human consumption" he shrugged. I sighed and shook my head "whatever you say" i sighed and allowed him to walk passed me into the living room with the awaiting group. We sat down and Rick came over to inspect the cans, when he was it was dog food he threw one of them into the fire place "we need to keep moving, we can't stay here it's not secure" i spoke up "i know" Rick replied "well-" "i said i know!" Rick yelled cutting me off "hey! Calm down, i'm trying to help here. You may be the leader but some of us get a say too you know." i stood up and sighed "the less arguments the safer we will be" i said walking out and sitting on the porch, closing the door behind me. I put my head in my hands and ran my fingers through my hair with a sigh, the door opened then closed leading me to assume someone stepped out "i know he's being difficult but he's just worried about everyone" Lori's voice called "i know mu-" I cut myself off and slapped my hand over my mouth "were you going to call me mum?" she asked. I looked down ashamed then nodded i could practically feel Lori's grin she ran over and hugged me making sure not to put pressure on her big stomach.

I smiled and hugged her back "you can call me mum as much as you want" she whispered "thank you...mum" i said hesitantly "you know i always wanted a daughter of my own, maybe my baby will be a girl but i know you are a great girl and you make my little boy so happy. I had just hoped you would've been married into the family" she laughed and my face turned crimson "y-you mean t-to Carl?" i asked "of course" she confirmed and pulled away. She laughed at my red face then left me to cal Rick inside, i stood up and decided to sit on the wooden railing the door opened and closed again and out of the corner of my eye i saw Carl sit next to me on the wooden railing "you're red...what did my mum say?" he asked smirking a little, i pushed him teasingly "she said..u-um that they way she wanted me in the family was....by m-marriage" i said hesitantly, Carl's smirk had been erased and was replaced by a highly embarassed face "s-she wanted us to get married?" he asked, i nodded and stared quite horrified that he smirked once again with more mischevious intent then before. He slung his arm around me and leaned his head on mine "one day...i will make you my wife" he said, i choked on air and looked at him with a -what-are-you-talking-about?! kind of look "i mean when and if, this whole thing is over and when we are old enough i would...like to marry you" he explained "how do you know i'm the one?" i asked "when you go through an apocolypse with someone, i'm pretty sure you know" Carl said "of course" i nodded curtly.

I jumped back onto the porch and just before i was going to open the door Carl took hold of my wrist "what?" i asked looking at him "well...will you marry me?" he asked "well-...y-yes, but when we're older and when or if this is over until then...i think i'm happy just that we're together" i smiled getting over my embarassment and walked inside, leving him with crimson cheeks and a mind flooding with ideas about marriage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another really short one i know, i'm really sorry but i'm feeling really down in the dumps, do you hve any siblings? Do you get compared to them? That's what happens with me all the time, it's all about my older sister with my father she's a Daddy's girl and i'm a mummy's girl but seeming as my mother is on the other side of the world i'm so...lonely and no one in my family knows so...yes, i'm soory but i will update as soon as i can and the next chapter will be about the prison and hopefully a long one, again i apologize but i'm just so depressed at the moment, anyway see ya love's, ciao <3