Chapter 70: Carol?

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

For some reason i didn't believe it would be as hard as it is...fighting without Carl. I don't some part of me thought it would be relatively easy since another part of me believes i'll see him again, i didn't anticipate it being this hard, and trust me it is so...hard. Judith's blue eyes were so similar to her brother's and everytime i looked at them i felt a stabbing pain in my heart making me want to cry all over again. But i wouldn't resent Judith for it, it was actually something i loved, looking into her eyes like Carl was here doing the same thing, I remember how much we loved just spending time together, the three of us.

It's hard to believe that's gone now, that i most likely will never look into Judith's eyes with Carl ever again. That i most likely will never spend time with him ever again, i want too, oh you have no idea how much i want too but...i can't help but think it will never happen. Tyrone was now carrying Judith as my arms had grown tired not long ago, i was now leading since he couldn't risk a walker coming from the front and nibbling on Judith. My hand was rested on my holster in case we ran into trouble and i had to act quickly, there was a rustling in the bushes not to far away from us, the sudden noise caused Judith to start crying.

Tyrone was doing his best to calm Judith down, he handed the small child to Lizzie and went off into the woods to investigate the noise. I watched out for anyone going to attack us as Judith continued to cry "sh!" Lizzie whispered to the small girl, the noise began to quiet down and i turned my head to congratulate Lizzie on calming Judith down when i saw her staring at the babies face. Lizzie's hand was pressed tightly to Judith's mouth and her eyes appeared to be in a daze, quickly sensing the danger in the situation i grabbed Judith from Lizzie and held her closely "what the hell are you doing?" i whisper-yelled "i was keeping her quie-" "don't do that if it means hurting her" i cute her off.

Now rather wary of Lizzie i refused to allow her to hold Judith at least for the time being but i most likley will never let her hold Judith again. I heard the snapping of twigs coming towards us, balancing Judith on my hip i removed my gun and aimed it in the direction of the rustling. Tyrone stepped out breathlessy, noticing the gun he put his arms up in surrender, putting it away with a breath of relief he looked between Judith, me and Lizzie raising and quiestioning brow. I shook my head informing him that i'll tell him later "hey guys...guess who i found" he grinned.

Stepping aside i heard more footsteps, furrowing my brows in suspicion and familiar figure stepped out from behind the trees "hey" she greeted "Carol?" i asked myself. Lizzie and Mika wasted no time to run towards the woman enveloping her in a hug whlie i stood there mouth agape, eyes wide looking like a complete fool.

After the girls pulled away Carol looked up at me with a small smile "where's Carl?" she asked looking around, Tyrone took Judith as my grip began to slip. I shook my head with a shrug pursing my lips to hold back the tears desperate to escape "oh sweetie" she whispered holding her arms out for me to give her a hug. Running towards her i wrapped my arms around her waist releasing a choked sob "i-i didn't even get to tell him...i-i loved him one last time" i sputtered, she rubbed my back sympathetically while the others stood back watching in pity. Burying my head in her shoulder since i didn't really want to get too close to her breasts, i let out a shakey breath.

Carol patted me on the back a couple more times before i pulled away and rubbed my eyes, resting her hands on my shoulders she bent down to my height "you okay?" she asked, i nodded a small smile gracing my lips. She looked towards Judith and let out a sigh of relief "so you saved her...that's good" she mumbled "i saw the fire not too far away, i noticed it was coming from the direction of the prison. I did whatever i could to help by shooting the enemy from afar but there was so many of them and i didn't have that many bullets" she explained "it's alright Carol, we understand" Tyrone bowed his head slightly in respect of her actions. For a second i saw a flash of guilt cross over her features, i suppose this has to do with the epidemic that spread around the prison and she was the one who burnt those people, i guess Tyrone doesn't know it was Carol.

After our hello's we set off to find a place to rest for the night maybe even a place to stay for a while, but staying in one place forever with the world as it is now is impossible, i know that. Not allowing Lizzie to walk to close to Tyrone who was holding Judith i made sure she stayed by Carol's side thought she didn't seem to be complaining since Carol is like another mother to her. I just really hope none of us get separated ever again.