Chapter 76: Lizzie's lost it

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I winced as Carol once again pressed a rubbing alcohol soaked cotton ball on the wounds on my back, the stinging sensation very slowly beginning to hurt less and less. Tyrone had hidden away upstairs since i had to remove all clothes on the upper half of my body, and since i was only in my bra that had to come off. Carol tugged on my arm telling me to sit up, hugging a blanket to my chest to make sure the world didn't see my chest area even though most people's priorities are to survive not peek on a girl getting herself bandaged up.

Carol wrapped the gauze around my chest ending at my lower back, i was able to let go of the blanket since the bandage acted like a cover. Breathing deeply since the tight bandages restricted some of my air but not enough to be worried i leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes "so this Henry boy...did you like him?" Carol asked "well yeah, he was a good person" i replied "no, no, no I mean did you like him?" she clarified. Opening my eyes and sparing her a glance i laughed "Carol oh my god i have a boyfriend and he has-...had a girlfriend even if i did like him i love Carl so i wouldn't go for it" i shrugged trying to ignore my little slip up.

Carol gave a soft smile before standing up "you should get some rest, Tyrone and i are going out for some water okay?" she asked, i nodded flopping backwards onto the couch still without a shirt "oh! We might as well try and find you a shirt too" thanking her i closed my eyes for some well deserved rest.

~Timeskip brought to you by zombie breath spray! You have the smell of rotting flesh in your mouth? Fear not, zombie mouth spray helps you smelling minty fresh! You can also find zombie dental floss! Helps remove flesh from in between your teeth, each sold seperately~

As i was sleeping well for the first time in forever a scream pierced through the air, jolting up my head turned towards the door. Throwing the covers off and running towards the door despite the extreme pain of reopening my wounds i practicaly ripped the door off it's hinges running around the side of the house to check on Judith, Mika and Lizzie.

"What happened?!" i asked worreidly before taking in the scene, Lizzie faced me smiling blood dotted her face, slowly my eyes trailed down to her arm which was soaked in blood a knife in her hand. Daring to turn my eyes away from her i notice Mika on the ground, unmoving. Blood soaked her chest "o-oh my god Mika" i whispered covering my mouth with my hands shocked "Lizzie what have you done?" i asked "it's okay...i didn't hurt her brain she'll come back" Lizzie grinned looking away to see Carol and Tyrone running up.

As Lizzie turned around walking towards Judith who was innocently sitting there i quickly ran ahead taking Judith into my arms and holding her protectively. "Lizzie!" Carol gasped quickly piecing the situation together "put down the knife" Carol persuaded "why? Are you mad at me?" she asked "Lizzie i'm not mad, just please put down the knife" "NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU NEVER UNDERSTAND! MIKA'S GOING TO COME BACK JUST YOU WATCH!" Carol jumped at Lizzie's tone. The girl dropped the knife "i-i'm sorry, i didn't mean to yell" she whispered. Looking down at Mika, Judith tried to turn her head to look at the scene, gently placing my hand at the back of the young girl's head i made sure she didn't look.

Carol took Lizzie's blood soaked hands pulling her round to the garden round the back. Tyrone had gone inside to fetch a shovel for Mika's burial, removing the gun from it's holster i aimed it at Mika. Letting out at shaky breath and turning my head away my finger pressed on the trigger, a gunshot went off but it wasn't from my gun. I turned to look to where Lizzie and Carol had gone shaking my head sadly, i squeezed the trigger.

BANG

Walking back inside with a sigh i plopped onto the couch burying my face in Judith's shoulder who only giggled in respone. Carol was currently helping Tyrone dig the graves in the front, so many deaths in such little time this world...i'm not sure i even want to be here anymore but, i made a promise to Henry that i'm going to find Carl and if i'm going too then i need to be alive for it. Placing the now sleeping Judith into her make-shift cot i walked back over to the couch and winced just remembering my wounds and my blood covered bandage.

So i laid there on the couch waiting for Carol to come back in and retreat my wounds 'Lizzie, Mika, Henry, most of the people in the prison have died in such a short time...i don't even know if Carl is still alive, or Rick, or Michonne or Hershel, or Maggie, or Glenn, or Beth, or Daryl! all i can do is hope they are. But i know one thing, I really, really want them to be.'