Chapter 51: Starting the farm

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The blood. The smell. The rotting flesh. Gore. Gunshots. The dying groans. The sound they make when the fall finally dead to the ground, it was all too familiar, i had grown accustomed to all of it. Waking up and looking out the window of the prison to see walkers stumbling about outside the gate, some without limbs, some without flesh, some missing clothes which was quite disturbing. But either way they were there and i was just sitting here hping somehow there would be a day that i would wake up and not have to hear the insufferable groans coming from the lifeless bings clawing at the metal gate.

I sighed as i leaned my head against the concrete walls glaring at the zombies desperately trying to get Maggie and Glenn who were on gate duty. Hearing someone laugh i turned to see Daryl "what did the walkers ever do to you?" he teased "oh wait...don't answer that" he covered. Snickering lightly i shrugged "i...just wished they'd disappear, i wish that once someone dies they would stay dead" i sighed once again "don't we all~" he chimed. Turning my attention back to the walkers i grimaced as one of them spewed blood all over the fence 'that one was fresh then, they had died recently which also explains why the other walkers are licking it' i thought to myself Daryl patted me on the shoulder and walked away. Using my shoulder i pushed myself off the wall and walked back down to the 'living room' where Beth was tending to Judith and everyone else was just hanging out.

Hershel glanced at Rick and cleared his throat "i've been thinking..." the old man trailed off "we should start a small farm outside, get some vegetables so we won't have to go on runs for food so often what do you think?" Hershel continued. Rick who was cleaning a knife looked up and Hershel and smiled "it's a good idea but i don't know anything about gardening" he chuckled "well good thing i do" Hershe replied "we'll have to go and find seeds though there has to be somehere around here that's got 'em" he sighed "why can't you just find a plant?" Carl asked "there's a chance walkers had gotten blood or flesh on it can't risk it" Hershel explained.

I sat down on the table silent waiting for Rick to make a decision "alright yeah, let's do that we need more stuff anway. Who's coming?" he asked "i'll go" i piped up "i'll go too" Michonne and Carl said "Daryl you stay here and make sure nothing bad happens got it?" Rick asked earning a nod from the hunter. Grabbing a jacket (clothes are at the side) an slipping it on so i wasn't so open to walker bites and my gun from the table and slotting it into it's holster "everyone ready?" Rick asked getting nods and replies "let's go, Hershel told me what type of seeds so all we got to do is find 'em capiche?" he asked "yep" i replied popping the 'p'.

Taking Carl's hand we strolled outside and got in the car, Michonne in the passenger seat, Rick driving and me and Carl in the back "so how long have you two been together?" Michonne asked "i'm not actually sure, i mean i don't count dates anymore, a day is just another day to try and stay alive" i replied "we've been in a relationship for 2 years and 3 months" Carl spoke up looking out the window nnchalantly, Michonne and Rick let out a chucke whie i looked at Carl in shock "you kept count?" i asked "mhm" he hummed a small blush written on his face. Smiling slyly i wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me "that's so sweet" i cooed. The two in the front laughed while Carl buried his face in my arms to hide his blush.

Rick pulled over at a small pharmacy "there might be some in there and we should get some meds too" he mumbled pulling the hand brake we all exited the car and locked it in case some survivors woud try to steal it. Stepping inside i took a basket and smiled slightly in nostalgia, walking the isles i stuffed some paracetamol etc. in the basket and grinned as i saw some plant seeds on the rack "hey Rick over here" i called to the man who walked over and pulled all of the seeds into the basket "all of them?" i asked "we could run out so why not?" he shrugged walking away to get more meds. Walking around the corner i gasped as a hand grabbed my foot, lookin down i saw a person hiding under the counter with a finger to their lips signalling me to be quiet and pointing a gun at me.

Gulping i dropped more pills into the basket and tried to act as natural as i could, making eye contact with Carl i looked down to my feet and sent him a look to say i was in danger. He nodded in understanding woth worry clouding in his eyes, taking his gun from his holster he made hand signs to his dad who also took out his gun, Michonne got the message and took her katana from it's sheath "got everything?" Rick asked trying to fool the man that grabbed mqe "yeah, that's it" i played along "alright, gather everything we should go now" he replied walking towards the counter quietly "....NOW!" he yelled. Hurriedly i jumped back dragging the guy with me where all guns and a sword was pointed at him so he put his gun on the floor and kicked it towards Rick and put his hands up "i'm sorry, i just wanted to get out of here safe and this was the only option" he cried "you could of stayed quiet until we left" i reasoned "you should of" Rick sneered.

I shook my head "we should go before walkers come" i sighed walking around the counter and towards the door "and him?" Rick asked "leave him...he doesn't deserve to die. We don't need more dead on our hands" i replied. Rick tightened his finger on the trigger but dropped his arm re-holstered his weapon, Carl and Michonne doing the same. Smiling at the man i walked out the door and put all the baskets full or seeds and drugs in the boot and closed it quietly as my eyes caught sight of a couple walkers coming this way. Scooting inside the car, everyone else did the same and Carl quickly hugged me "i was worried" he whispered into my shoulder unaware the fact Michonne was using the mirror to watch the scened with smiles. I hugged him back with a smile "i'm fine" i replied allowing him to breath in my scent.

Rick put the car into drive and we made our way back to the prison, we had a farm to start ;)