Chapter 96: Grieving

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We were on the road again, everyone was down about having too leave Beth behind and having to keep the secret from Maggie who had gotten much angrier over the course of a few days since leaving the hospital. Everyone was quiet, we walked along silenty grim looks on our faces "(Y/N) would you sing for me?" Maggie whispered.

Though surprised i nodded and began to sing (the song is at the side) i felt as though the song matched the atmosphere well. I watched a silent tears dripped down Maggie's face, which she wiped away quickly. Carl took my hand as i continued to sing a few tears gathering in my own eyes. After so many deaths it doesn't get easier.

I blinked the tears away and closed my eyes for a brief moment, it was no use the droplets of water gathered anyway. As i continued to sing they gently rolled down the side of my face, as they did on Maggie's as well. Taking  a shaky breath i smiled softly and finished the song, the time for grieving is over, now we move on.

~Timeskip~

Rick and a few other's went t check out the place Noah used to live too see if his family was still there, i offered to go too but i knew i needed to stay here. Everyone sat off in groups, Maggie and Sasha were the only one's that sat alone.

Carl sat beside me, we were in a clearing, the grass was low enough to see if there were any walkers but tall enough for us to hide in if necessary. I bounced my leg up and down in boredom, these days all we were doing was looking for a place to stay, there was nothing to do. Sure there was killing walkers but that's about it.

We were low on food, we were low on water in a few days, heck maybe eve tomorrow we could run out of water and then what? It's the middle of summer, it didn't even snow during the winter and it passed by so quickly, it seems we were in the middle of a drout too, the lakes were drying up meaning even less water.

Not to mention how hard it is to find a fresh water spring, any water we do find is undrinkable. Carol walked up with a half empty bottle of water and held it out, though thirsty i declined "i'm okay, thank you" i whispered hoarsely. Carol sighed and tried to offer it again but just like i did before i said no.

Carl also declined but took the water to give some to Judith who was laying in a box at our feet, Carol shook her head and moved onto the others "you need to drink something (Y/N)" Carl scolded "we're going to need it" i heaved "you need it now" "other's will need it later, the group comes first" Carl huffed "you're part of the group, so you also come first. You always do to me and if you're weak from dehydration then we could all be at risk" i ran a hand through my hair knowing he was right.

And as Carol came around for the third time i decided to take a sip, and this time Carl did as well, Carol smiled proudly and went back to her spot. Sighing myself i leaned against Carl's shoulder and closed my eyes.

There was a darkness, all around me was dark, i felt chills run down my spine as though i was being watched. I spun in circles trying to see if there was anything, anyone there to help me, somehow. Taking deep breaths i assured myself to stay calm "hello?" i called "hello" multiple voices all at once replied "is someone there?" "we're here" the voices echoed as though they were all around me.

I turned once more too see a familiar face, the brown eyes, buzz but brown hair and stubble...it was Shane. Gasping i stumbled away from him "y-you-" "surprised?" he chuckled "now, now, don't forget about me!" i turned around once more, the governor stared back at me.

"And me" it was Joe, leader of the claimers "and me" Gareth, the leader of Terminus, "don't forget me either" the last voice...Dawn. All the major people who had done me and my group wrong since the apocalypse started.

I gulped as they stared down at me "w-what do you want?" i tried my best to keep my voice strong but it was failing me "it's because of you we're dead (Y/N), you killed us" i shook my head as their laughs rang in my head "no!" i yelled crouching onto the floor and gripping onto my head.

They stepped closer to me enclosing me in their circle "and now...its your turn!" they reached out i let out a loud scream and then-

I gasped and jolted upwards, springing my eyes open, i was still in the clearing, a worried Carl next to me "are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?" he asked, i took a deep breath held my sweaty forehead and nodded showing him a  weak smile "i'm okay, i'm fine" i sighed.

Not believing me but not wanting to push me Carl gripped my hand before pulling me towards him for a hug, which i gladly returned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was the dream part? Scary? I was watching Saw and i couldn't help myself, anyway guys i'm sorry i haven't been updating recently the power went out since monday and i just got it back yesterday and i had to go shopping and i'm going out again tonight i just have soo much to do QAQ but i thought i should update instead of putting it off like the lazy person i am.

Oh and guys! I wrote another apocalypse fanfic, it's not a walking dead one except features the youtuber Cryaotic, it is a reader insert so go ahead and check that out it's called 'The apocalypse (Cry x Reader)' creative name right?

I'll update as soon as i can, see ya love's, ciao<3