chapter 40: Worry

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It's been a couple hours since Rick left with the inmates and i was getting really worried, Carl rolled his eyes and pushed me playfully "come on (Y/N), stop worrying he'll be fine i'm his son and i'm perfectly ok" he shrugged, i glared over at him "my stomach hurts like hell and i'm bleeding from places that should not be bled from so shut up!" i hissed, he put his hands up in mock surrender "i'm sorry, i'm sorry but seriously (Y/N) worrying so much is bad for the soul" he excused. I sighed "yeah well...apart from you he's the only thing i have from my old life" i said "me too" he replied "and as long as i don't lose you i'll be fine" he chuckled putting his hands around my waist and dragging me onto his lap. Carl nuzzled his face into my neck and i blushed "so you're saying you'd be okay if your own dad died?" i asked "of course not, but i would still be able to hld on because i still have you" he replied. I pouted and slapped him playfully "don't say such embarassing things" i scolded "...nah i think i'm going too" he teased "and why is that?" i asked "because...the embarassed look on your face is adorable" he laughed as i hit him again.

I heard the gates open and i was about to hop of his lap when he held me back "wha- hey" i whined '"not yet, everytime that gate opens you go running not this time, let me sit with you here for a little while longer?" he begged. I rolled my eyes and reluctantly nodded, he cheered and hugged me tighter "my gosh, i feel as though if i squeeze you too tight you'll shatter into a million little (Y/N) pieces" he said loosening his grip slightly "well i won't so you don't have to worry" i giggled "mhmm..." he replied but i doubt he was really listening. Carl sighed knowing even though i loved our cuddles and i loved him i really wanted to see if everything was alright "fine you can go now" he mumbled begrudgingly, i cheered and stood up to see a pout on my dear boyfriends face. I chuckled leaned down and pecked him on the lips "thank you" and with that i ran downstairs leaving my lover with a goofy grin on his face.

I rushed down to see only one inmate remained and that happened to be the only well mannered one "what happened?" i asked "they went on a rampage he was the only one who didn't kill anyone" Rick informed "and what happened with you? it took you a while to get down here" he asked, i sighed "Carl, he refused to let me go" i giggled at the memory, Rick laughed "wow, that boy has got it bad" he sighed "got what?" i asked worried "oh...he's ridiculoulsly in love with you" Rick shrugged. I choked on my own saliva "you can't be serious, i mean yeah he loves me but not that much...right?" i asked "are you crazy? Whenever you're not around all he talks about is you 'is (Y/N) safe? Do you know how soft her lips are' etc." i blushed at his words "r-really?" i asked "really" he nodded "dad! Don't talk about that!" Carl whined rushing down "not in front of (Y/N) that's so embarassing" he whined. I laughed walked over and pecked him on the cheek "really? i thought it was sweet" i cooed. Carl turned so red he could put a tomato to shame, i pat him on the head and walked away in a fit of giggled 'ah~ That's boy'll be the death of me' i thought to myself.

Walking through the Cell block i checked everyone's cells to see if they were alright and then finally made a stop in front of the holding cell next to our block where the remaining inmate sat "hey" he called walking over to the bars "hi" i replied "you're not acting hostile?" he asked "i see you have no intention of even threatening me so no" i shrugged "i'm really sorry about what the boss did back then he's an idiot or...was" he apologized. I smiled "thank you, and i gathered he wasn't intellectually gifted" i said with a sigh. The inmate laughed "so you and that boy huh?" he asked, i blushed and look towards his cell where i could hear him laughing over whatever comic he was reading. Suboconscouly i smiled "yep you're in love alright" the inmate confirmed "who could you tell?" i asked turning back to him "the emotion you hold in your eyes when you even think of the boy is a dead give away, i'm just happy that you two managed to  find love in this messed up world" he sighed i nodded "so when'd you meet?" he asked, i sat down against the bars he did the same "we were really, really young it was before dead people started walking and all that. It was when life was normal we were neighbours and best friends" i explained "and where'd it happen? The confession i mean" he asked.

I smiled sadly at the memory "you know Hershel? the old guy that got his leg chopped off?" i asked, the inmatie nodded "well he used to own a farm with his daughters, it all happened behind the house under this beautiful big tree but...one day walkers found the secluded place because it was getting cold and animals were going into hibernation so they had no food, there were so many we couldn't handle them so we ended up having to burn the whole place to the ground" i explained "that's...sad" he commented, i nodded "yep...really, really sad but i will never forget the place and hopefully if this thing blows over...no- when this thing blows over then we can rebuild the farm where it used to be and plant the same tree again" i smiled "you really think this is going to end?" he asked "everything has to end eventually" i shrugged "but...that means good things will end too" i sighed "you seem like a nice kid but i guess you don't want to sit here and talk to an old man and i've been seeing your boyfriends keep on watching us trying to be all sneaky" i laughed at what he said and nodded standing up "well...it's been nice talking to you and who knows? Maybe Rick will trust you enough to allow you in the cell block with us" i shrugged running up the stairs to go meet with Carl.

I knocked on the bars with a smirk already knowing Carl had been watching me and tried to cover it up by reading a comic "hey Carl finished watching me?" i asked walking in and sitting next to his feet on the bed "hm? What watching you why would you say that?" he asked, i rolled my eyes playfully and pointed to the comic "it's upside down dumby" i laughed as he sheepishly put it away "sorry..." he apologized "why? It's awfully romantic to thing you want to make sure i'm safe~" i cooed tilting my head to the side, he pouted grabbed mt wrists and tugged me down gently. I laughed and my head landed in his chest "are you trying to be cute?" he asked, i grinned muscheviously "is it working?" i asked "yep" he replied popping the 'p' "it wouldn't matter anyway because according to you i don't need to even try to be cute" i said, he blushed remembering he did indeed say that to me once "w-whatever" he scoffed. I giggled and intertwined our fingers "so i was talking with your dad..." i trailed off and he groaned "what more embarassing stuff did he say?" Carl asked, i giggled "he said that you are ridiculiosly in love with me" i admitted "did he now?" he pried "uh-huh" i answered.

Carl smirked "was he lying?" i asked "of course not" he chuckled turning me over and wraping his arms aroud my waist and i thought he would just stay like that with me but to surprise he started wiggling his fingers over a certain spot of my stomach and i burst out laughing "C-Carl...s-s-stop! Pease!" i pleaded through giggles "not until you say you love me back" he teased. I continued to laugh and struggle and Carl tickled me "okay, okay i give up i love you!" i yelled. Carl smirked and allowed me to face him once again and i pouted "that was a dirty trick" i hissed, he sniggered "i know~" he cooed. I shook my head and laughed "by the way i love you too" he grinned and brought me into a kiss 'like i said...he'll be the death of me but i don't think i'd mind, as long as it was him'