Chapter 78: Walker massacre

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We walked on Judith now tied to Carol securely with a cloth in a makeshift carrier as it was hard to use weapons and hold her at the same time. We made sure it was tight enough so she wouldn't fall out but not so tight that it cut off her blood supply or something. My eyes darted around cautiously making sure no potential dangers were around.

We came to a clearing for rest as Carol had to carry extra weight and we don't want her to get tired later on, there was a snapping of twigs catching all of our attention. Carol held the sleeping Judith closer to her as her maternal instincts kicked it, i removed my gun from it's holster aiming it at whoever was trying to creep up on us. Out from the woods came a lone walker and upon seeing up let out an inhumane screech before hobbling as fast as it's decaying legs couold take it towards us.

I sighed holstering my weapon before taking out one of my knives and walking towards the hungry walker, sidestepping around the swinging arms i lodged the blade into it's frontal lobe and pulled it out again as the walker fell limp on the ground. Killing these things became easy far too long ago although taking on a load of them was rather tedious the best thing you can do is run and if you can't run use your surroundings because you can't always count on a weapon.

I turned back around to ask Carol if she was all rested up yet, but all that crossed her face was horror the same with Tyrone as they pointed behind me. Turning around to face the edge of the woods i narrowed my eyes as if that was going to help me see through the trees, out stepped not just a couple but a hoarde of walkers headnig straight for us "run!" i yelled to the others. Gathering their equipment as quickly as they could they began running for the train tracks not to far away though i was not as lucky.

The walkers had gained on me while i was worrying for the others, taking out my gun i made sure not to miss and waist any bullets but unfortunately i don't have an infinite amount of ammo. As i shot aaround the tenth walker dead, i turned to another and squeezed the trigger but all that happened was a clicking noise, i was all out "crap" i hissed under my breath. Reholstering my gun i reached from my knives, taking one in each hand i was soon cornered by the walkers.

I heard a battle cry as Tyrone began assisting me to take them out, Carol shooting them from afar not wanting to get Judith in any danger. Knocking one Walker onto the floor i qiuckly stomped on it's head seeming as decay made it's bones weak the skull collapsed under my weight relatively easily.

Twisting my body as i felt the slime of a walkers skin down my neck i turnedn the blade so it was poiting to the right and slammed it into the walkers temple. Not wasting time to see it fall to the ground dead for real i moved onto the next one, the amount of walkers seemed endless though i could see their numbers thinning slightly with the assistance of Tyrone and Carol. Kneeing a male walker in between the legs which knocked him down (even useful when they're dead, HA! >:D) i spent no time in piercing his skull with my knives and then carrying on.

My knives had managed to be knocked away from me so, pulling the arm off a fallen walker rather easily. I cracked it over my knee which broke the bone giving my a sharp edge. Pulling the bone out of the arm as quickly as i could while trying not to gag from the grossness i now had a perfectly useful weapon. I stabbed and slashed while trying not to break the already frail bone "Tyrone are their any guns on hand?!" i yelled to the male "yeah! I'll toss you one!" he replied.

Not long after a shotgun was thrown in my direction it landed not to far in front of me but behind some walkers, sighing i destroyed the brain of more walkers to reach the shotgun "AHA!" i cheered as i held the gun in my hands. Cocking it i aimed at the walkers "bye bye baby" i whispered before shooting, now i could take out two walkers at the same time if they were close enough. Brain tissue splattered all over the place as i continued shooting two after one after two.

~Timeskip~

I was not panting heavily and sweat dripped from my face as one last walker stood, i had run out of shotgun shells quite long ago but luckily none of them were wasted as i didn't miss since there were so many and you had to be a special kind of talented to miss 'em. Picking up my blades which i had finally found under a pile of dead walkers i lodged it in the walkers brain before twisting it, ignoring the squirt of blood that hit me it fell to the floor so i didn't even have to remove the knife myself.

Wiping the blood covered blades on the walkers' clothes i sheathed them before resting my hands on my knees and trying to regain my breath. Tyrone and Carol ran up "we're so glad you're okay" the gasped finding it hard to believe we actually made out way through that "me too, that was tough" i said looked down at all the fallen trying to swallow down the puke that tried to make it's way up from how many i had killed, though they're already dead i mean...i still killed them a second time kind of.

After resting for a moment we were all set to make a move again "we should find somewhere to rest, it's going to get dark soon" i advised looking to the sky, with no disagreements we hit the road once more and this time we're sticking to the tracks, it's harder for walkers to walk on there which means a safer road for us. I just really hope we don't run into a hoarde like that again, i'm not sure i'm going to be able to handle another massacre.