Chapter 44: Michonne

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

There was a knock on the cell doors like there normally is when Carl and i are having a moment "hey (Y/N)" it was Rick "hm?" i said still in Carl's embrace "i would like you to meet someone" he said motioning for me to follow him and that i did. We walking to the cell that once held Axel the inmate to see an African-American woman sitting their, she walked up to the bars and crossed her arms over her chest "(Y/N) this is Michonne, Michonne this is (Y/N)" he greeted us "Michonne is the one who told us you had been kidnapped, she was their at the time" he informed. I pushed aside some anger that i had bottled up 'then why didn't she help us?' i thought "it's nice to meet you, and thank you for telling them" i said with a smile "you're...not mad i didn't help you?" she asked "of cours i am...but if it weren't for you, me Glenn, Maggie and possibly even you would be dead right now so i know my priorities, plus you have that look in your eye" i explained "look?" she asked "yep, the look of mischeif, power and when i look into your eyes something is telling me to trust you" i shrugged.

My face saddened but brightened "it's the look a mother holds...like the one my mother used to look as me with" i whispered. At this her eyes widened with slight sadness "well it was a pleasure meeting you and i hope we could be good friends one day" i grinned skipping away and bak up to my room or more specifically to Carl.

*Author's P.O.V*

Michonne smirked and looked back to Rick "does she always change moods so fast?" she asked "yep" he replied popping the 'p' "she can be really happy one minute, making flower crowns or something, the next she'll be wringing your neck" he chuckled. Michonne walked away from the bars and sat down on the bench but Rick still stood there "she seemed a little sad...what happened when she was kidnapped?" Michonne asked "she hasn't told anyone yet but she's traumatized, whenever a male touches her she goes rigid and starts crying...it seems only Carl can calm her down" he sighed "they a thing?" she asked "yeah, since a year ago but it seems as though they just started the relationship, they seem just as in love as the first day if not more" he smiled in a nostalgic manner "young love huh?" she asked herself "it's a beautiful thing" Rick finished "well i advise you to get some shut eye, we could all do with some of that" he said tapping the bars with his knuckles, Michonne simply nodded as if saying 'later'. Rick sighed and walked off to do whatever leaving Michonne to her thoughts.

Leaning over to rest her elbows on her knees Michonne rested her head on her hands eyes narrowed in concentration 'she's a good judge of character like she could in stantly pick out the...motherly look i give when i see children...she's around 12 maybe 13 now? I wonder how old she was when she lost her family...you can just tell by the sadness in her voice and on her face when she talked about her mother and i can only assume that none of the men here are the father so she's on her own?...maybe, i'm thinking into this too much i should get some sleep' she thought with a sigh laying down on the bench she closed her eyes giving in to sleeps welcoming beckoning.

*Carl's P.O.V (just to change it up bit)*

I laid on my back with my hands on my stomach staring at the bottom of the matress of the top bunk, the voices from downstaris becoming quieter and sight pitter patter on metal could be heard 'guess (Y/N)'s coming back' i thought trying to supress a smile. She walked in with a smile "what are you so happy about?" i asked "i like her" she replied "Michonne?" i asked earning a nod "me too i guess...but i'm not sure we can trust her" i murmered "really?" she asked walking over to the bed lifting my legs up, sitting down and putting my legs on her lap "yeah...you can hardly trust anyone now'a'days" i sighed she nodded leaning back on her hands. I whined a litle "what?" she asked with a slight chuckle "why are you all the way over there?" i asked rather childishly, laughing slightly she removed my legs from her lap and set them down on the bed, crawling over she laid down next to me.

Opening one arm out (Y/N) lifted her head and rested it on my chest, my arm wrapping around her slowly rubbing her slightly cold arms to generate heat. Smiling i pecked the top of her head and buried my face into my hair, turning over so i faced her i pulled her into my chest our legs tanlging into a mess and we got comfortable. (Y/N)'s head was tucked under my chin both my arms around her and her arms caged between our bodies but she looked pretty comfortable, she still flinches everytime i move or touch her when she doesn't realize but the fact she's allowing me to hold her close is an amazing breakthrough and i was really happy even by a small gesture such as brushing her hands against mine or holding my hand. A content smile was etched onto my face and i closed my eyes 'it's still night time so we should sleep' i thought nuzzling my nose further into her hair i breathed deeply her wonderous scent wafting into my nose and relaxing my very core 'i love her so much...' i thought with a slight chuckle.

I heard footsteps stop in front of the cell door but my back was to it and i honestly couldn't be bothered to look i could already tell it was my dad and i could practically feel his smirk. With a small chuckled he walking away allowing me to roll my eyes under my eyelids, (Y/N) nuzzled her head further into her chest causing me to stiffen but relax as i registered what she just did. Looking at her face with the best of my ability i saw a pink tint on her cheeks and smiled colour flushing to my own cheeks 'i never realized before...i love this girl more then anything, more then me and as spiteful as it is i'm going to think it anyway, more then my dad. More then time, more then space, more then the world...more then everything this world could create she would alwayd be number one in my heart as cheesy as it sounds it's true...i don't think i could ever tell her this for my confidence isn't to great, but (Y/N)....(Y/N) is the love of my life and i swear to god i'm never letting her go ever again! Even if it kills me...'