chapter 29: Concealing the bruises...

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

A new day was upon us and everything felt wrong today i don't know, the sky was a little dimmer, the water a little murkier, everyone was a little miserable and the sun had almost disappeared completely. I looked around trying to make sense of the situation "why do i feel like something bad is about to happen?" i asked myself "i feel like that too" a voice said from no where and then Carl appeared (a wild Carl GRimes appeared! XD (Y/N) used cute tactic, it's super affective!) and sat down on the porch steps next to me, i looked towards the barn and expected Shane to be standing there guarding the door but to my surprise he wasn't. I cocked a brow and stood up slowly and walked over there with caution "(Y/N) where are you going?" Carl asked following me, ib pointed to the barn "don't you think it's strange that Shane isn't guarding the door?" i asked "yeah, i doubt he would've left with that guy in there" Carl replied and we both walked over. I grew very suspicious so i took my gun out of it's holster and walked around the premises before heading in and no one was anywhere to be seen, Randall and Shane were gone.

I put my gun back in the holster and ran towards the house Carl following "what are you doing now?" he asked "i need to tell your dad, Shane's unstable when it comes t new-comers i doubt he took Randall out for a bup of tea" i said running even faster. I burst the door open and rushed towards Lori and Rick's room, with out knocking on the door (i forgot to mention....Rick gave Carl his hat already i think so, Carl is wearing his hat at this point) Lori gasped at our suddebn appearence and Rick didn't look all to surprised "what is it?" he asked "Shane's gone, so is Randall" that's all i needed to say before Rick dropped what he was doing and rushed out of the room all of us following. Rick marched to the living room "alright, Glenn, Daryl i need you guys to help find Shane and Randall" Daryl and Glenn just nodded with out asking questions "why is this so imprtant?" Carol asked "because Shane is probably going to kill Randall of he hasn't done it already" i explained, we were all about to head out when Shane came though the door looking slightly exhausted.

He panted and put his hands on his knees "where have you been?" Rick asked "i went out with Randall, the kid needed to pee and i didn't want to be standing around guarding hi while having to smell his urine, and i didn't want him in the house so i went to the woods. But i loset him to some walkers and i was not risking attracting more by using my gun" he explained his eyes subconsciously darting around the room nervously, i narrowed my eyes but didnt  confront him about it. The rest of the group seemwed convinced enough, i crossed my arms and walked passed Shane with outh a word but he caught my arm "can i talk to you?" he asked "you already are" i sassed "come on, in private" Shane said tugging my arm and pulling me outside, he stopped me in front of the tree so no one inside the house would be able to see us or...me or what ever he does to me. I looked at him wearily "what is it?" i asked "i know you don't trust me but you don;t have a choice" he said, i scoffed and rolled my eyes "look!" Shane snapped landing the palm of his hand on the tree right next to my head he sighed and apologized "i have saved your life a countless amount of times does that mean nothing?" he asked "whether or not your my hero doesn't matter, all that matters to me is making sure the people i care about survive" i said with a dead-pan look on my face.

Shane put his hands on his hips and tried claming himself down "is this what happened with Otis? You lost your temper? Or you were just heartless and shot him in the leg or something so you could escape with the things Carl needed for his surgery?" i asked, i knew provoking him would no =t be a good idea "no-" "did you feel relief when you pointed your gun at Rick's head?" i cut him off, theni continued "did you et off on seeing Lori's scared expression when you tried to rape he-" i was cut off when Shane's rough hands made there way around my throat and started squeezing, he used the tree as leverage and lifted me up by the throat. As my feet lost contact with the ground the need for oxygen burned my lungs and i started kicking and trashing, using my nails i scratched his arm deeply, he winced and groaned in pain as 5 very long slashes dwon his arm began to bleed "you're going to pay for getting in the way" he hissed "y-you...are so p-p-pathetic...you're going to hurt a l-little girl?" i choked out, Shane's grip on my throat tightened and my face was started to go slightly blue but micinhg with the red it went purple instead. We heard some running coming towards us and Shane dropped me and ran before they could come, i collapsed to my knees and held my throat as i coughed and greedily breathed in the sweet air, theses people happened to be Rick and Carl the father son trio.

They were about to go past me but stopped when they heard my coughing, Carl immediately ran over and Rick right behind him "(Y/N)! What;s wrong?" he asked frantically "n-nothing, i fell and the wind got knocked right out of me" i lied and giggled nervously. Carl didn't believe me but i stood up shakily but tried my best to conceal it "i need to pee!" i yelled and with that i ran towards the bathroom in the house. I locked the door and slid the my knees weakly crawling towards the toilet i threw up all my breafat and wiped my mouth of the saliva that dripped down my chin. I flushed (i'm pretty sure there toilet worked) and walked towards the bathroom where a bucket full of water sat i gargled ans spit out then proceeded to wash my face trying to forget the unforgiveable act Shane commited. Looking up at the mirror i peeled down the collar of my jacket (your clothes in the photo at the side) to see some nasty bruises that started going blue, i sighed "i'm going to need a scarf" i whsipered, i lifted my jacket a high as it could go so it barely covered my bruises and headed to Beth's room "hey Beth" i greeted "oh hey, what's up?" she asked "do you have a scarf i could borrow?" i asked "sure" she said walking to her closet and pulling out a very light beige coloured scarf that would cover my neck perfectly "thank you" i said taking the scarf "hey, what;s that on your neck?" she asked, my hand flew up to my neck to cover it "n-nothing!" i yelled quickly she gave me a smirk "you know you're still young, you and Carl shouldn't be going that far" she said "w-what?" i asked she winked and walked back into her rom "it's okay i won't tell" she said laying back donw to wirte in her diary mre.

I put the scarf around my neck which covered the bruises perfectly, just to bump into the last person i wanted to see at that moment (Y/N), i'm glad i caught you! I'm really sorry you know i wasn't what i wante-" i cut him by landed a perfect punch to his jaw, he staggered back and what do you know the whole group was there to see that fiasco. I waved my hand up and down as it started hurting from the powerful punch "you really do have a hard head" i chuckled at my own joke "don't talk to me you son of a b*tch" no one commented on my bad language knwoing how angry i was at this point "don't touch me you know, don't come anywhere near me, your lucky i told no one other wise, i could promise that Carl would've shoy you right between the eyes" i murmured the last part so no one but me and Shane could hear it, i sneered at him and walked past him not even looking back to meet the shocked and somewhat impressed look of my 'family'.