chapter 37: Truly understanding

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Everyone is still distraught over T-dog's death, Lori's death, and Carol's supposed death but we were getting better, can't say the same for Rick and Daryl. Daryl's gotten angrier then usual he keeps snapping at everyone and throwing things across the room al in all he was out of control. I sighed as i watched him yelling in Glenn's face for some unreasonable thing i stood up and walked over to them "Dayl calm down..." i advised "don't tel me what to do!" he yelled walking over to me and pretending to try and punch me in the but i didn't even flinch knowing no matter what state he's in he'd never hurt me "i'm going scouting" he said picking up his crossbow and storming out, i sighed once again and piched the bridge of my nose. I could hear Beth and Hershel arguing in the other room, i growled and stood on the table "EVERYONE KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT!!!" i yelles stomping my foot down sending dry cereal all over the table, silence filled the hall "thank you..." i whispered "now i know the recent losses have been traumatic for everyone but we need to stop fighting and stick together! We're more vulnerable the ever which means we need to be working together a hell of a lot better then we were alright? Rick's unstable at the moment so we can no longer rely on him to fix our problems okay? If there's anything serious talk to Hershel he's the smartest one out of us so...yeah" and with that i stepped off the table and headed back to my room.

Plopping down on the bed i sighed really hard and rested my head in my hands "you okay?" a called from my cell bars "what does it look like?" i retorted, the intruder chuckled and sat next to me on the bed "i heard your little speech...i'm sorry it's you that has to deal with everyone rubbish" he said, i looked up and my gaze met with the very familiar bright blue eyes "it's not your fault...it's not anyone's fault but..." i trailed off with another of my infamous sighs "things are hard?" he asked "yeah" i replied "come here" Carl said opening his arms and sittuing further back on the bed  with his legs open. I crawled over and sat in between his legs my legs straight and tapping my toes against his, his arms wrapped around my neck and i leaned into his chest. Carl rested his chin on my shoulder and stared at our booted (XD new word! Definition: Boot covered feet) toes hitting together in a rythm "do you think my dad's gonna be okay?" he asked, i giggled slightly "i don't see why not, he's a strong guy and i know he never gives up so...yes he's going to be fine" i replied.

Carl seemed to trust my judgement and only nodded "k...thanks" he mumbled in a sleepy state, i lifted my arm up and intertwined my fingres with his amr which was hangin over my shoulder and rather limp. I laid my head back on his shoulder and smiled "i wish we got to do this more often" i whispered "me too" he whipered pecking the joint between my shoulders and neck "hey guys have yo- woah" Beth stopped mid sentence and smirked "am i interrupting?"  she asked "no-" "yes" Carl cut me off, she giggled and put her hands up in mock surrender "well alright, i'll just leave then have fun~" she chimed walking back towards her own cell. I playfully hit Carl on the leg "wht did you do that for?" i asked "i was telling the truth, for the first time in a long time we can actually cuddle without falling asleep i'm not going to get interrupted" he scoffed, i blushed and giggled "that's...so sweet" i mumbled "help!" Daryl's voice yelled, i shot up and ran towards the banistor so i could look down i gapsed when i saw Carol in his arms her chest moving up and down slightly she was alive!

I ran down a Carl behind me rather disappointed that our cuddle session was over but i had no choice "what happened?" i asked rushing over to the table Hershel was examining her on "she's severely dehydrated, get me the I.V." Hershel ordered, Beth nodded "can you hold Judith for a little while i have to help my dad?" she asked, i nodded and took the half asleep baby into my arms. Time seemed to slow down as her crystal clear blue eyes stared into mine and a smile graced her lips as if she was staring at her mother for the first time. I felt tears prick my eyes as thoughts of Lori crossed my mind i Truly understood now...how it felt to fall in love, sure i fell in love with Carl and i will fall for him over and over again but this is different i feel as though this could be how a mother feels falling in love with her child before it's even born. This was the first real connection i had with Judith and it was a bond i would never forget and hopefully never would have to let go of. Carl walked over wrapping an arm around my waist and aslo staring at his little sister with a smile painted on his freckled face his free hand playing with Judith's own to anybdy it would seem like an extremely young couple had a baby and we were happy even when the world had gone to hell.

Beth was about to come back for Judith but when she saw all of us she let me take her for a little while, Carol was stabalized but still unconscious so Carl and i went back to my room with the little one along with us. We sat in the same postion (for those who can't imagine it, it's along the side ;) ) but this time i cradled Judith in my arms and Carl's arms wrapped around mine to also hold her "she looks so much like her mother" i whispered, Carl went rigid but nodded "yeah she does" he replied "do you think this place will stay safe?" i asked "i...honestly don't know but i hope it does, everyone loves this place" he said i nodded "i hope we can too..." i whispered 'i really do...'