Chapter 121: Side Affects

Merry Christmas everyone! Have fun! Don't get in too much trouble XD

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I stared down at the semi small pull, lying itself on the table next to a glass of water. Carl sat by my side, Graham on my other "take your time, it can be a little scary. I know" the doctor sighed. I took a deep breath as I picked the pull up, between my index finger and thumb. With a gulp I rose it to my eye level.

I grasped the glass of water, taking a sip to moisten my mouth. Tilting my head back I dropped the pill into the back of my throat and quickly took a large gulp, flushing the pill down my throat. Placing down the glass on the table.

I did the same with the second pill, with a slight pant I wiped my mouth with the back of my arm. Graham gave my back a light pat "it will take a few hours for the pills to kick in, when they do, you will feel dizzy, nauseous etc. So I suggest having a lie down if you're feeling sick. The pills will work all the same while you're sleeping. It will make you feel better" he smiled.

Graham sighed and stood, stretching his arms over his head briefly "well, I should be going. Daryl is-- well Daryl and got himself injured. Take only 1 more in around 6 hours. You are still young, I can't put you on a high dosage". He placed the orange pill bottle down on the table "take good care of her Carl".

With that the doctor left, and I was alone with Carl. I let out a whimper and leaned over, resting my head on his shoulder. Carl wrapped his arms around me, one around my shoulders and his other hand on my head; he turned his body so my head rested on his chest and smoothed down my hair gently.

A few hours passed, the pills had left me in a sad sight. Sweaty and shivering, panting heavily and whimpering. I squeezed my eyes closed as I gripped Carl's shirt tightly, he lowered his head to whisper in my ear "it's okay baby girl, it's okay" he whispered.

Hesitantly, I peaked my eyes open and glanced up at him with a weak smile "b-baby girl?" I whispered "that's a new one--" I stopped to cough into my hand, groaning lightly. Carl smiled and rolled his eyes "shush you".

"Let's get you up to bed" Carl sighed, he scooped one arm under my legs and heaved me up. I buried my face in his chest and squeezed my eyes closed. Slowly he assisted me up the stairs to my room, laying me down on the bed gently.

Covering me with the blanket, he took a seat on the edge of the bed. Carl brushed my hair from my face, I shuddered as I stared up at him. Lifting my arm up, which felt as though it weighed as much as lead, I reached for him. The male smiled and took my hand into his, pulling my hand towards his face, he pressed his lips to the back of my fingers.

I took a deep shaky breath as I closed my eyes, groaning I arched my back in pain as my chest tightened. Carl stroked my hand softly "WHY (Y/N)?! WHY?!" I gasped as I snapped my eyes open at the voice. Standing at the end of the bed was Henry, his face read pain. Fear. Betrayal.

Tears dripped from his eyes as he clutched the fabric over his heart tightly "how could you do this?! Why do you want me to go away?!" he cried. I whimpered "H-Henry n-no" I whispered, Carl tightened his grip on me "(Y/N)?" my husband spoke quietly.

The corners of Henry's lips tugged down further into a dramatic frown, they continued to pull down further, almost inhuman. His eyes began to droop, his eyebrows falling also. The skin of his chin falling, it was as though his face was melting. I could see the insides of his eyelids, I couldn't even see his teeth from how much his mouth had fallen.

I sucked in a shaky breath in fear, "wHy (Y/N)? wHy WoUlD YoU dO tHiS?" his voice was distorted. Falling and rising in a broken tone, my eyes burnt as tears pricked my eyes, I clutched Carl's hand so tightly, I thought it might break.

Henry reached a hand forward, our for me. I let out a shriek, attempting to shuffling back against the headboard, weakly. Carl dove forward, gripping my shoulders gently "(Y/N)! (Y/N)? What's wrong?" he asked worriedly. I gripped his shirt tightly and squeezed my eyes closed "Make it go away Carl. P-please! Make it go away" I whimpered.

Carl hugged me close, one hand on my back of my head, holding my head to his chest. He pressed his cheek to the top of my head, and clenched his jaw in worry. "It's not real (Y/N), it's not real. It's just a hallucination, it's just a side affect" he whispered.

I peered over Carl's shoulder at Henry, his fingertips were turning black. Slowly flaking off, black worked up his hands like veins. His fingertips flaking off into nothingness. He was disappearing Disintegrating. Fading away.

I felt black reach at the corner of my vision as the pills took affect, my head rolled back weakly. As I lay limp in Carl's grasp. Closing my eyes I let out a deep breath and let the medication take me away.