Chapter 82: Moving on

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Rick walked back over to us, standing in front of the dead fire "listen up, everyone. We're going to be heading out to find somewhere safe soon so pack up your things anything you're positive we don't need leave behind, it will slow us down otherwise" noddung he strolled back over to the map to look over it once more still conversing with the other males.

Standing up with a groan I stretched my arms high above my head causing my shirt to rise and the bruises on my stomach to be displayed. The other's turned to look at me or more specifically my wounds, I sighed lowering my shirt "seriously everyone chill, I'm fine" I said holding up my hands in a surrender type motion. Carol handed Judith to me as she had to pack up the larger guns, holding the child who was barely awake, Carl came jogging over from where his dad was and took hold of Judith's outstretched hands waving them about causing her to let out a string of giggles.

Laughing along with her I shifted her weight so we'd both be more comfirtable , Carl grinned at me "what?" I asked "nothing, northing I'm just glad we're all together again" he shrugged. I snorted "geez, you dork, I'm happy we're all together again too" pressing a kiss to the boys cheek I walked over to Rick who gladly took Judith. Now that my arms were free I skipped (yes skipped) back over to Carl throwing my arms over the male who stumbled back in surprise holding onto my waist to make sure I didn't fall. Raising an eyebrow in amusement I simply grinned "aw" came Daryl's voice, I sent the man another glare, he seemed to enjoy embarrassing us.

Stepping away from Carl i was about to swing my backpack over my shoulder when Carl took it in his own hands and put it on his back "such a gentleman" i teased. Rolling his eyes he took my hand and gripped it tightly, apparently whenever we're on the road he'll hold my hand so we don't get separated. It was really sweet actually and it's not like i qwas complaining.

We were all set to go now, we were heading West it seemed i don't know why but there might be some hot spots there for the winter. As we walked through the forest i glanced at Carl from the corner of my eye who's brow was creased in concentration "what is it?" i asked, he shook his head "it's just...d-did you find Henry attractive?" he asked. I snorted before laughing ignoring the amused stares of the others in the group "Carl, Henry had a girlfriend who he was looking for like i was looking for you, even if i did find him attractive it's not like i would go out with him, one he's a lot older then me, and two i wouldn't leave you for someone else, not even Tom Hiddleston" he let out a breath of relief.

We were in a denser part of the forest now, it was safe but also dangerous, there were tree roots sticking up so walkers would fall over them but we would fall over them too. As i saw a rather large tree root ahead though Carl didn't seem to notice it i removed my hand from his grasp and outstretched it in front of him to stop him. He looked down at the tree root "thanks, but i thinm you damaged my masculinity" he chuckled "sorry, force of habit" i scratched the back of my neck sheepishly.

This part of the forest was rather creepy, the trees were bare and leaves littered the floor not to mention there were so many trees and branches that barely any sunlight got through. As we came upon a slippery set of leaves my foot slided from underneath me, i yelped as i began to fall backwards. Carl held me up by under the arms saving my fall "well i think your masculinity is healed" i stood once more lacing our hands back together again.

Not long after we stopped for a break since the load we were carrying was heavy though we left a surprising amount behind since we didn't need 'em. I saw on a root of a tree Carl beside me, i rested my arms on my legs my eyes darting around nervously, since it was only me, Carol, Tyrese, Judith, Lizzie and Mika for a while, all alone i had learnt never, ever let my guard down. Even with soo many people to protect us around.

Carl noticed how tense i was and rested a hand on my shoulder "calm down (Y/N), we're here now, we'll protect you" he informed, i nodded "i know, it's just...Carol and Tyrese will probably never talk about it but do you know what happened to Lizzie and Mika?" i asked i lowered my voice making sure no one else heard since it was a touchy subject, he shook his head "while i was still healing from the attack, Tyrese and Carol had gone for water, i heard a scream and ran outside. Lizzie was covered in blood...Mika's blood, she had stabbed her own littler sister in the chest, saying "don't worry, i didn't damage the brain she'll come back"" Carl gulped.

I rubbed my palms together "she was about to go for Judith but i picked her up and held her away from Lizzie while Carol worked on getting the knife out of Lizzie's hands. Carol knew that Lizzie had officially lost it and was now a liability we all knew. So Carol took her around the back...and shot her in the head" the blue eyes wonder boy sighed and leaned forward on his knees also. 

I sniffed wiping my nose with my sleeve "what if it happens again, what if one of us loses it and hurts or kills another?" i asked "you never know (Y/N), it could happen but you just have to have faith that it won't" he shrugged "that's just the thing Carl, with all that happened i'm not sure there is such a thing as hope or faith anymore" i whispered "what? But you're the one who always told us to stay strong, and hope, to keep believing that we'll make it through this (Y/N) , don't give up now!" i turned to look at him and smiled lightly "i guess you're right" i sighed leaning back against the trunk of the tree.

I just hope, that Carl's right.