chapter 47: One of us

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Beth had finally been let out of the holding cell as her cold had died down and she was back to her old self but i couldn't bring myself to talk to her...not yet at least. Carl walked next to me and we headed over to Rick "you all set?" Rick asked, we nodded. Opening the holding cell Rick ushered Michonne to the exit as we were about to go out looting, Rick had told me he wanted to see how she did out there with people so he was making her come plus the fact she needed some time outside as well...we all did. the bruise on my cheek was starting to fade already but Carl hasn't touched me since i got it, afraid that he would hurt me more but it really only hurt my feelings. Sure i loved how he cared so much tht he doesn't want me hurt physically but that way he's going to hurt me emotionally. Walking outside and towards the car, Carl and i sat in the back with Michonne and Rick in the front. Buckling up the gates open and we pulled out "so...where are we going?" i asked "anywhere with supplies" Rick answered "how are you feeling?" Michonned piped up. My eyes widened at the care in her voice "i'm better...thank you" i replied, she nodded turning her attention back to the road.

Both Rick and Carl were also shocked by the question but brushed it off, i rested my head on the window ignoring the iritating vibration and stared as the trees zoomed passed. I heard some yelling and picked up my head, just ahead there was a man obviously stranded and not going to last long especially with the large and heavy backpack that would slow him down on "please! Help!" he yelled trying to get us to stop. Michonne tightened her grip on the steering wheel and looked straight ahead, i watched in pity as we passed the desperate man by Carl also seemed rather guilty about it. Coming onto the desertd highway Michonne stopped the car suddenly, shaking her head she stepped on the pedal but all the car did was rev and shake "we're stuck aren't we?" i asked, Rick nodded and stepped out "come on" he gestured to me and Carl. Sliding out of the car i walked over to him to see he had found a bandana in a car "why did we bring her?" Carl asked us referring to Michonne "we need to see if she can be trusted" Rick replied "and if she's not?" I asked "..." Rick didn't reply instead went onto explaining how to unstick a car.

Michonne stopped once again further down the road but this time it was because of a gate, in fact a very ominous looking one. I gulped and stepped out the car with the rest of them, Carl walked towards me sensing my fear and sending me an encouraging smile. Hesitantly he grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together I was surprised by the sudden contact but eased into his hold and squeezed his hand. Stepping in i took notice of the many walkers stuck in traps of many sorts, looking past all the creepiness of this place it was rather cool. If it weren't for all the scary like features of the place i would've loved to go and explore by myself but...i really don't want to be by myself in this kind of place. Chills ran down my spine and i shivered as a walker impaled on a wooden spike reached outand tried to grab me, i suffle closer to the brunette next to me.

Carl noticed and squeezed my hand in comfort, i glanced at him and smiled walking along. A female walker strolled about but ran for us when she saw, Rick was about to shoot her but someone beat him to it first. We ducked as a machine gun went off, not only killing the walker but trailing our every move. Carl slung an arm over my shoulder in some vain attempt to become my shield, fear shot through my body as i heard the familiar sound of a bullet entering flesh. I went rigid, my eyes widened in fear, my whole body shaking and everything around seemed to freeze 'was it me? No, i don't feel hurt at all, but it was relly close...oh my god...Carl?' i thought looking around i saw that he was perfectly fine 'but what...?' i stopped and subconsciously let out a breath of relief as i saw it was only a walker that was about to bite me that got shot in the brain. Ignoring the fact that i could've gotten a chunk bitten out of me if the mistery person hadn't shot tthat walker my mind drifted to one question and one question alone:

Why? Why would he/she save me, could it have been an accident? Were they actually aiming for me? Impossible this person is a good shot to have hit that walker dead centre in the forehead, why would they save me? What would they get out of it? I shook my head of the thoughts and let the outside world seep back into my mind, i looked arund and noticed that the shooting had stopped. Rick glanced down to his feet, i squeezed Carl's handb one last time before letting it go and walking towards Rick. I walked towards said man and noticed it was a welcome mat he was looking at, lifting his foot he was about to step on it when i pushed him black slightly. Foot landing safely on the ground he stumbled "(Y/N)! What was that for?" he asked, i held up a finger in a 'wait' kind of way and bent down. Examining the mat carefully i cautiously flicked up the corner and inched back, when nothing happened i lifted it completey to see a whole in the ground with a bunch more stakes pointing up.

Smirking victoriously at Rick i threw the mat to the side to let everyone see "how'd you know?" he asked, i stood up and put my hands on my hips "it was pure intuition, since there were so many traps around and this whole palce is a mess why would someone take the time to make sure the welcome mat was perfect?" i asked, Rick put a weight on one leg with his arms crossed over his chest and a cocked eyebrow. I sighed slumping my shoulders "okay, okay, i saw it in a movie" i grumbled, Carl snickered and i shot him a glare "let's just step over the trap and into the building M'kay?" i asked with a pout. Nodding Rick took the first step and looked around, seeing everything secure he ushered us in and shut the door behind us.

I looked around away from the group even thought i knew very well it was a bad and what do you know i was right. I gulped and stopped dead as the familiar feel of cool metal on my temple took my attention, a gun was pointed to my head and before i could react further an arm went around my throat to keep me in place "didn't you read the sign?" he asked catching everyone's attention. I closed an eye as his grip cut of some of my air supply. Carl gasped and was about to run over when Rick held him back, looking up the sheriff widened his eyes at the familiat face "...Morgan?"