Chapter 84: Exciting turn of events

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It was now night time, Michonne and the other's who had gone out for food earlier came back smelling awful and soaking wet but the food in the boxes were probably going to last us a couple weeks which was good. We were currently discussing taking Eugene to Washington together, we were all listening to Abraham's speech and when he finished Judith squealed "ya!" almost like a yes. We laughed "what was that?" Rick asked the child "wel if she's in...i'm in" Abraham cheered glad that Rick finally agreed.

I glanced upwards to see Bob slip out, raising a brow i shrugged thinking he just needed to pee or something but why wouldn't he tell us? Shaking off the question i sat next to Carl our legs outstretched i tapped the toe of my boots against his own my head against his shoulder and his head on mine. Tara who was sitting next to Maggie squealed at us "you two are definitely my OTP" "OTP?" i questioned "one true pairing! The couple i love together the most" she explained "next to Glenn and Maggie of course".

Laughing i lifted Carl's hand up and began playing with his fingers, bending them (not enough to hurt him) and lacing them around my own occasionally. Of course Carl wasn't complaining and just let me do as i pleased while watching Maggie play with Judith. Smiling he finally laced our fingers together stopping my fidgeting, Sasha then made her way outside probably looking for Bob since he ran off so suddenly. I probably should've said something when he went out now i'm going to feel really guilty if he does end up missing.

I heard Sasha's distant yells for Bob over the laughter and frowned "what is it?" Carl asked softly not wanting to blow out my eardrums "nothing it's just...i saw Bob leave earlier and i thought he was just going to pee but he hasn't come back yet...Sasha just went out looking for him, i'm worried" i admitted. Carl gave my hand a comforting squeeze, to which i squeezed back "don't worry so much, okay i'm sure he's fine and if he isn't then we'll find him for sure okay?" he asked. I sighed my nodded i will never know where he gets his optimism from.

~Timeskip~

Morning had come around and there was still no sign of Bob, apparently Sasha had found a fresh gash on a tree there was a small amount of blood on it too, she things Bob might have been taken by someone. Now i felt beyond guilty so i was going to tell everyone, they sat on the pews confused "i have something to confess...i saw Bob leaving last night while Abraham was giving his speech" they gasped and anger swarmed in Sasha's eyes "i didn't say anything because i thought he needed to pee or something, i wasn't thinking and i'm sorry" i admitted.

Sasha stood pushing the pew back slightly with the backs of her knees "so it's your fault he's missing!" she yelled, Tyrone stood as she began walking closer and took her by the arms making sure she wouldn't hurt me "you're right" i said. She stood struggling and everyonoe was silent "you're right it was my fault he's missing, i wish i would've said something because i was close to him too...he was like a friendly uncle or something" i shrugged.

I looked up at Sasha, who was clearly still angry but let me speak "but you're lucky, you still have family" i motioned to Tyrone "you have a brother and it's my fault you've lost another one you love but...I've lost everyone, my whole entire family...and you guys, all of you are my family now and it's so hard having to lose you...if you care too little you lose them, if you care too much you get hurt" i finished.

My hands were balled into fists "you can never not care and you can never care enough! Face it Sasha we're all going to lose people and we're going to get hurt but you can't blame other people for that! I accept that it's my fault and i feel guilty as hell but it's not right! Is this because when you have no one else to blame you blame yourself? Trust me i've been there! so you find any way to blame someone else well go ahead! Blame me all you want, call me names! Beat me up but will that change anything? No! It takes you one step further away from your humanity, and that's that" i turned my back on the female storming into Gabriel's empty office slamming the door shut behind me.

Runnig my hand through my hair i paced the room 'i can't do it, i can't do this' i chanted in my head tears of frustration hit my eyes. Growling i kicked the table sending some papers flying, luckily my boots were thick enough to block any pain, the door opened soon after and shut once more alerting me that someone entered.

Arm wrapped around my and a familiar earthy smell wafted towards me, Carl. I sighed letting my hands drop and leaning against the male "you okay?" he whispered "no" i replied taking a shaky breath "what's wrong?" he asked "i can't do this anymore Carl, i'm so...i'm so tired and i'm so scared" i mumbled.

Carl took my left hand his other arm keeping my hand in place so i wouldn't look, something cold slipped onto my ring finger and he let my head go. I lifted my hand to my face to observe what it was, i gasped at the sight. A silver band with an extraordinary diamond sat on my ring finger "you wanted to know what i got off the walker right? Well i found that and cleaned it" he shrugged "are you actually..." i trailed off "proposing?" he questioned. I nodded.

Rubbing the back of his head nervously he nodded "well since there's a priest and all i thought...maybe we could you know? If you don't want to then...this is awkward, and if you do after this whole thing is older we'll stay engaged until we can have a proper wedding" he shot out his idea (this engagement idea is from one of my readers, thank you so much for it!) smiling i continued to stare at the ring.

Carl began to get slightly nervous since i haven't yet told him my answer "Carl...yes!" i squealed "wait? Really?" he asked shocked as i threw my arms around the male causing him to stagger back. He hugged my back tightly spinning me around before setting me down, i pecked the male on the lips before taking his hand and tugging him back out.

Sasha immeditately walked over "(Y/N)...i'm sorry, i was just stressed and upset, i didn't mean any of it" i smiled "it's okay, i know how you feel" she grinned grateful before walking back over to her brother. Carl's hand was still clutched tightly in my own and no one seemed to notice the ring on my finger...