chapter 11: help us, please!

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We had been on the road for a while now...maybe a couple of weeks? My perception of time has changed but I guess it doesn't matter today is today to me. Ever since Amy passed I haven't talked to Andrea, I think she still blames me for Amy's death but it can't be helped I would be sad too if I lost my sibling...oh wait! I already have. I have been really distant lately to everyone, maybe except Dale because of our new relationship (check last chapter for details) I think it's hurting Carl's feelings and in all honesty I don't want to be this distant but...I am, I can't help it no matter what I tell myself, I suppose I need someone else to tell me instead.

The car I was driving in came to a stop and I looked around "why did we stop?" I asked Rick pointed at the RV "they stopped first" he said, I sighed and got out the car to check on them Rick protested but he knew there was no changing my mind. I knocked on the door and Andrea opened it "what's going on?" I asked quite coldly, she glared at me slightly "we've run out of gas" she replied equally as coldly. I pinched the bridge of my nose and went to tell Rick. I made my way back to the car and Rick rolled down the window "well?" he asked "they've run out of gas" I said with a sigh "well, everybody out" he said and I moved back so he could open the door, when Carl stepped out I walked over to him "hey" I said softly and he looked at me weirdly "you're actually talking to me?" he asked "yeah! I'm sorry for ignoring you but Amy's death kind'a shook me up a bit, I mean we were really close and Andrea hates me and blames me! There's a lot going on in my head is all" he looked at me and nodded in understanding "it's ok" he smiled, and I smiled back "come on, let's catch up with Rick" I said. Grabbing his hand I pulled him towards the rest of the group, "we're running low on supplies as well we should go scavenging" I heard Daryl say "but it's too risky to send a group, we all need to go" I said , Rick nodded "we don't have a choice" he said.

~few hours later~

We had just come across a really large building and everyone was getting ready to leave (apart from Rick) I sighed and looked towards the camera and it moved downwards! "guys....the camera just moved!" I whisper yelled "I saw it too" Rick said "it was probably your imagination let's go, before the walkers come" Glenn said "guys, we won't make it out there at night! I know someone is in there we need their help!" I tried to convince them, they all shook their heads and looked away "hey! you in there, please we need your help! Without you we are going to die, we have women and children!" Rick yelled, I nodded "please, we've lost so many already I don't want to lose anymore" I spoke to the camera, we stopped talking for  little while and I was about ready to walk away when the gats opened "everybody in!" Rick yelled, and everybody ran in. There was a guy in there "have you got veryone because once those doors close they are opening again" he said, I looked at him suspiciously but Rick nodded "there is food and hot water if you want to bathe, but don't use all of it" he said I gasped at the mention of hot water, I could just imagine it loosening up all of my muscles. I couldn't wait.

I stepped into the first room I saw which was coincidentally right next to Carl's, I shut the door behind me and locked it I started to peel my filthy, mud and blood covered clothes off of my body and stepped into the shower, turning it on I sighed in contempt as the hot water kissed my mud ridden skin. I saw some shampoo and conditioner sitting on a stand and got as much as I could coating my hair with shampoo, rinsing then repeating with conditioner, I haven't felt this relaxed in ages. Deciding that was enough showering for one day I stepped out and grabbed a towel, I also took a second smaller one and wrapped my hair in it, once my skin was dry I put on a white robe and sat on the bed, I wish the T.V worked...I could do with some Naruto or something. I heard a knock at my door, sighing I got up to open it "hey Carl" I said softly opening the door wider to let him in, he was wearing a fresh set of clothes so he obviously had already went to have a shower. He sat on my bed as I closed the door and sat next to him "enjoy your shower?" he asked "you have no idea" I giggled "I wish that electronics still worked...I really want to play pokemon" I whined "me too" he said. I took my hair out of the towel and let the damp hair air dry, brushing it softly with my fingers, I laid back on the bed with a yawn "good night Carl" "good night (Y/N)" and we both fell asleep...but not for long.