Chapter 64: Handprints

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

My breathing was shallow, the cold of the stethoscope against my chest made me shiver but i didn't have enough energy to push it away. I could barely keep my eyes open as Dr. Caleb Subramanian hung the stethoscope around his neck and sighed turning to Hershel "her heart beat is faint and very slow, i'm surprised she' still away right now. We need to find out what this thing is and an cure before...uh y'know" he whispered. I looked upwards towards the ceiling as my vision began to blur "it's okay (Y/N), you can rest" Hershel whispered, the corners of my mouth twitched as i tried to smile but before i knew it i passed out.

*Author's P.O.V*

Carl laid back on (Y/N)'s bed looking over at the coffee table next to it where the picture of her and her family stood. Picking it up and holding it in front of his face he gently traced the figure of his smiling girlfriend, before dropping it to his chest and holding it close. Tears pooled in his eyes as he tried his best to blink them away but failed and they trailed down to his hairline, sniffing and letting out a shaky breath. Pulling the blanket over him he gathered some of it in his hands after resting the picture back on the table and buried his face in it, taking a deep breath he inhaled the scent (Y/N) had left on it. Letting out a choked sob he squeezed his eyes closed and tried his best to imagine it was actually her not just a blanket.

Rick stood silently in the doorway watching his broken up son sadly, knowing there was nothing he could do nor say to make his son feel better apart from making sure (Y/N) survives. Turning around he marched onwards with newfound determination.

Though everyone cared about everyone in thue prison, all in Carl's cell block were devastated at the news of (Y/N)'s condition, not a smile could be seen on anyone's face. Maggie was curently crying silently in Glenn's chest, Beth locked herself in her room, of course Judith had no idea what was going on so she just fell asleep. Daryl was internally fuming, you all know what was happening with Carl ( up top ^) Rick was talking with Hershel to see if they can figure out what in the hell in going on and Carol was trying her hardest not to cry herself as (Y/N) was like another Sophia to her.

~Timeskip~

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

When i came too, i was alone in a cell, other sick people in their own cells feeling sorry for themselves, shakily getting out of bed i walked out of my cell and used the wall as support as i made my way to the visiting room. I'm not sure what i was expecting but no one was there, sitting in one of the chairs i pulled the phone off the wall and held it to my ear of course there was no one on the other side to pick up and i don't think it would work either.

Pressing my hand to the glass my vision became blurry once again, my eyelids began to close but i pushed myself to keep them open. Squeezing my eyes shut briefly i reopened them and what i saw was unexpected, there was my mother in her summer dress, Nikolai with that familiar smudge of dirt on his cheek, and my father with his military uniform on all holding each other's hands. My my mother and father pressed their free hands to the glass but since my brother couldn't as be was holding our parents' hands he just grinned.

My parents sent me a soft smile "it's okay (Y/N), but it's not your time to come to us yet, keep fighting my brave little soldier" my father whispered "yes my little girl, keep pushing on. I'm so proud of you, we all are" my mother added "yeah sis! And we all really like Carl so it's okay if you marry him" Nikolau snickered. Smiling in a dazed way i nodded although i almost hit my head against the tabe in the process i whispered to them as they started fading "i miss you".

I remove my hand from the glass and plonked the phone down on the table before staggering lazily to my temporary cell. Falling onto the bed i closed my eyes and allowed myself to fall back asleep.

*Carl's P.O.V*

I walked towards the visiting room of Cell block D but didn't really expect anyone to be there, walking towards a booth with the phone lazily thrown onto the table i picked up the phone on my end. Holding it to my ear i heard nothing, what caught my attention was a handprint on the glass, from the otherside it seemed. For some weird reason i felt drawn to the hadprint, pressing my hand over it i smiled before pushing the phone back onto the wall and shaking my head. I walked out of the visiting room.

*Author's P.O.V*

There ar enow two handprints on the glass, they mold together prefectly and if you looked closely enough you could see the handprints come to life and interlock with eachother. There is only one type of person who could make this happen, a person who is completely an utterly..in love.