chapter 14: SOPHIA?!?

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We have been on the road for god knows how long and I am so tired of moving! I groaned and turned around in my seat "what's wrong?" Sophia asked as she hugged her stuffed animal closer "nothing just motion sickness" I said propping myself up properly "you really need to get over that you know" Rick said from the front of the car "I know...but it's haaaard" I whined leaning my head on Carl's shoulder all the while pouting. Everyone laughed "it's nice to laugh like this" Lori said looking out the window..."I mean after everything it's hard to find the time. It almost makes you forget that all of this is happening" she continued as she laid her head on the window "yeah" I mumbled "oh! sorry did I kill the mood?" she asked, I giggled and shook my head "no...it's ok" I reassured her as she breathed a sigh of relief "I feel so old when that happens" she complained. Rick was about to protest but I beat him to it "you may feel old but you look amazing...did you know 77% of women think they are ugly 2% think they are beautiful and the rest don't know but...did you also know that 100% of women are gorgeous no matter what shape, size colour or pitch" I stated truthfully, Lori sent me a grateful smile "thank you (Y/N), I never knew you were so good at cheering people up otherwise I would've some to you sooner" she said with a giggle. I beamed a smile at her glad to see she recovered quickly.

Once again the RV in front of us stopped, we all sighed and got out of the car "what's wrong?" Rick asked "the engine blew" Dale replied I groaned in frustration "really? now?" I asked myself "'fraid so" Dale said again. I sat down on the hood of the car luckily wearing jeans otherwise I would of burned my legs,  Carl sat beside me "hey" he greeted "hey" I greeted back "this keeps on happening huh?" he asked "yep" I said popping the 'p'. All I wanted to do was sleep why did this have to happen "I suppose we should look for some supplies in these cars I said looking around at the what used to look lie a highway filled with empty cars. Carl nodded and jumped off the car then proceeded to turned around and hold his hand out "milady" he said in a mock English voice "what a gentleman" I teased as I grabbed his hand and used it to pull myself off of the hood "come on love birds let's collect" Daryl teased as he passed us. I poked my tongue out at him but he couldn't see because he was looking in the other direction.

I separated form Carl and was walking towards a red 4 by 4 I had a screwdriver in hand because my gun would attract walkers, I looked in though the window and so far nothing looked suspicious. I slowly reached for the handle and hesitantly pulled it open and immediately pulled the screwdriver over my head in an offense position but lowered it as I saw nothing there. I sighed in relief as I bent down to look under the seats...nothing. I kept looking under the seats for anything...anything at all "(Y/N)!!!" I heard a yell I turned to look behind me just to come face to face with a walker "....hi?" I asked just before it went to attack me "crap!" I yelled as I pushed it with my foot "a little help would be appreciated!" I yelled to the group, but they couldn't hear from the distance between us and the noise this stupid zombie was making. I aimed for it's head and brought the screwdriver down...just to miss and hit it's shoulder (cue the facepalm) I used one hand to push it's face away from me as I tried to pull the screwdriver out but it was no use. I sighed in annoyance and pushed the zombie forwards and as far away as possible. I shuffled and pulled myself in the car and tried to lure walker closer...closer...closer..clos- now! I shut the door and in effect crushed its head. I panted and kicked the body out and stepped out myself "I'm ok" I yelled over to the group "thanks for help.." I muttered to myself.

I saw a horrified look overcome everyone's faces and confused look overcame mine, I hesitantly looked behind me and saw a whole hoard of walkers were coming our way! I sprinted towards the group and time seemed to slow down and Rick motioned me to get under a car..it just so happens to be the same car Carl was hiding under...thank god it was wide enough. I had a scared look on my face as well did Carl, I heard movement from my right so I turned to see Sophia shuffling under a car, she looked scared and I was just sorry that she didn't have anyone with her right now. When the sea of legs seemingly ended Sophia tried to get out from under the car...'that is a bad idea' I was screaming in my head. When Sophia looked up she screamed and ran into the woods I was about to scream her name and reach out for her until a hand covered my mouth and the other one pinned my hand to the floor "calm down" Carl whispered "you can't let the remaining ones know we're here" he said. I nodded hesitantly he release his grip on my mouth and hand "you ok?" he asked and I simply nodded. Rick had already run after Sophia and we had been given the ok to come out. I stood up shakily the image of a terrified Sophia out of my head.

My knees gave out under me and I fell to the floor with tears running down my face, the group surrounded me "I could've saved her" I mumbled over and over. I felt a hand clamp on my shoulder and looked up to see a crying Carol with a sad smile on her face "none of us could've saved her...but Rick is bringing her back ok?" Carol asked me in a motherly tone. I wiped my eyes, smiled and stood up "yeah...hopefully he will be back soon" I silently prayed that they would come back unharmed...I just hoped because there was nothing else that I could do...nothing...