Chapter 65: Time is running out

OMG guys before i start this chapter...have you seen episode 8 (season 5) yet? Gave me the feels, i won't spoil it for those who haven't watched i yet but be warned! Have some tissues and a tub of ice cream nearby...

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The sound of coughing could be heard all over the cell block as those who were sick with this disease laid in their beds as they had no energy to do anything else. Dr. Caleb was checking on me once again since my case was the worse for some reason "do you have any ideas as to why yours is worse then the others (Y/N)?" he asked "w-well...i was the first....still alive that is to come into contact with Patrick after he died" i responded my voice hoarse as my throat was sore. He sighed and nodded jotting somethings down on his clipboard "here are some antibiotics, it's not a lot but it should help" handing me the pills and a small cup of water i quickly downed them and handed him back the glass.

Letting my head fall back onto the pillow i took a deep breath but didn't really feel it in my lungs "Dr. i can't breathe" i whispered, Shooting up quickly he walked over "Hershel! find some one to get me cold water!" he yelled out the cell door. Not long after Hershel hurried it with a bucket of cold water, dunking the cloth that once laid on my head in it and not even bothering to ring it out he laid it on my chest "take sow deep breaths okay, and small sips of water" he ordered placing the glass of water next to me on the bedside table.

My breathing soon caught up to me and i was fine although cold from having ice cold water slapped onto my chest. Dr. Caleb lifted the blanket over me and turned off the lantern also sitting on my bedside table "sleep well (Y/N)" he whispered.

*Author's P.O.V*

Dr. Caleb stood on one side of the visiting glass with Hershel and the healthy people on the other side "we need to figure this out and fast, (Y/N) is getting worse quickly...we're running out of time" he said. Carl looked to his feet at the news, Rick placed a hand on his son's shoulder and squeezed in a comforting manner, stepping forward the sherriff furrowed his brows in determination "just tell us what we have to do".

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

What i had just seen shocked me, Lizzie was in here too and i hadn't known about it until now. I called the girl over, she ran in "(Y/N)! I didn't know you were in here" she said with a cough "i didn't know you were either" i whispered. She sat down where the doctor had sat earlier today and coughed once more into her hand "are you feeling okay?" i asked "i think i'm dying just like everyone else here so..." she trailed off. Laughing slightly i turned my attention to the slightly stained ceiling "are you worried about Carl?" she asked suddenly "of course i am, are you worried about Mika?" i replied "definitely" she sighed "it will get better, i promise. Neither of us will die here so we can protect the others okay?" i spoke up, smiling she nodded "yeah".

Lizzie left soon after to help some of the others "(Y/N)! Carl's in the visiting room,you should go see him" Dr. Caleb said poking his head into the room "okay thank you" i replied. Getting up weakly i once again used the wall for support and headed to the visiting room, Carl was sitting behind the glass i had pressed my hand against yesterday. Smiling i sat down catching his attention "(Y/N)!" he gasped scanning over my face worriedly "i would say i'm fine but i doubt you'd believe me" i giggled which quickly choked off into a cough. Wiping away the blood that traled from my lip i noticed Carl biting his own looking to his lap "hey, don't be sad we're all going to get through this okay?" i asked. He looked up and nodded doubtfully.

"but (Y/N)....we're running out of time"