Chapter 113: Conflict

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It was warm, a familiar warmth, the warmth of the sun on my face and the arm wrapped around me. I opened my eyes slowly so as not to blind myself with the sunlight, I loosened Carl's arms and turned around in the bed, to face him.

His lips were parted, and small snores escaped him. I let out a smile, grabbing a towel that was conveniently placed near my bed I wrapped it around myself and stood, throwing the blanket back over the unclothed Carl. Trying not to over think last nights events, I picked up my clothes and put them in the wash basket, before making my way to the bathroom.

I shut the door and locked it, plugging up the bath I turned on the hot and the cold water. I walked over the sink, looking at myself in the mirror, I smiled and bit my bottom lip. I placed a hand over my neck, brushing at the skin.

I lowered my gaze, staring down into the sink. With a deep sigh I closed my eyes and leaned my head right back. "Are you proud of me?" I whispered to myself, I lowered my head and shook my head, walking over I checked the temperature of the bath, deciding it was arm enough I turned off the taps and dropped the towel to the floor and stepped in.

I hummed to myself before taking a deep breath, and began to sing

"Everything's gonna be alright."
She whispers to herself.
She was only 6 years old that night.
As she hid behind that shelf.
Cause daddy had a little too much to drink.
And mama didn't want her to feel the pain she felt.
But she still felt the pain...

I closed my eyes and sank down a little deeper but my lips were still above the water

Well 10 years they came and went,
And dad was gone.
So she looked for love in other men.
And tried to act strong.
Oh, broken hearts and Scars in only places she could see.
Cause she just wanted, she just wanted to feel something.

And as she sat there on her bed,
Thinking bout what those girls said,
Tears streamed from her eyes.
She cried...

A tear left my eye, dripping down my cheek and into the water, I furrowed my brows as I sang.

"If there's a God out there
Please hear my prayer.
I'm lost and I'm scared,
And I've got nowhere else to go.
I've come a long, long way.
But I'm not sure I can make it much farther...
So if you're listening, could you give a helping hand.
To your daughter."

Well her path started to change.
She reached out and grabbed God's grace.
And finally, she saw a light.
Until that night...
Where she decided one drink was alright,
And one thing led to another.
Next thing you know, 9 months go by,
She's a mother.

I opened my eyes, and sucked in a shaky breath, pulling my arms to myself, I hugged my own body. Turning my head to the side I continued

And as she laid there in that bed.
Stroking that small angel's head.
Tears streamed from her eyes.
She cried...

"If there's a God out there.
Please hear my prayer.
I'm lost and I'm scared,
And I've got nowhere else to run.
I've come a long, long way.
But I'm not sure I can be the best mother...
So if you're listening, could you give a helping hand.
To your daughter."

I closed my eyes once again, a smile making it's way to my face as I sand my heart out, I didn't doubt the others could hear me but I didn't care.

Well that baby grew into a boy.
Who became her pride and joy.
He loved her like no man could.
And her heart felt peace, cause she finally understood.
God's love.

So as she laid there in that bed,
99 years old.
She grabbed her son's hand and said.
"There's something you must know..."

"There is a God up there.
Who heard my prayer.
I was lost and afraid.
And I had nowhere else to go.
I had no clue, what to do
And then He sent me you."

So if you're lost and afraid,
And you feel so alone,
Don't worry child,
Cause there's a Father who will love you as His own.
Just like he loved his daughter.
Like he loved His daughter.

I bit my lip once more and leaned my head against the tub, splashing my face with the water I began to wash myself.

Once done, I unplugged the tub and let the water drain, wrapping the towel around myself once more I walked into the bedroom to dress myself. Carl was sitting up on the edge of the bed, now clothed "you heard?" I asked, he nodded and stood up opening up his arms.

I smiled and walked forwards wrapping my arms around his torso and pressing my ear to his chest, closing my eyes listening to the rhythmic beating of his heart. Carl understood, he understood the aching in my chest whenever I thought to my life when it was happy, when it was right.

He understood the need for human contact and yet the hesitance to get close to people knowing at one point they'll be ripped from you, quite literally. Carl understood that it's all right to be weak once in a while, and he would stand by me when I needed to be weak. He understood that I needed to be strong too, that I needed to hurt people to protect them.

Carl knew, that one person can be you worst nightmare, or you're only dream. Everyone in the world at this point had lost someone and that's why I can't hate, nor blame anyone because they're hurting as much as the rest of us. If there was a God out there, none of us would be able to determine if he was punishing us or testing us.

Carl also understood that it didn't matter if there was a stronger power at work here, because it was only people that would be able to stop this. Only us, someway or another we had to stop this, put an end to this apocalypse.

So I greeted it, I accepted his arms around me, and his cheek resting on my head. I wouldn't push him away no matter what he would do to me because I knew at any point I could lose it, I could lose him and I wouldn't be able to bare that.

Everyone in the world had a gaping hole in their heart, it's hard, it's hard in here and it's hard out there. I believed that if we would all look past the darkness in us all that we could help each other, and if we didn't.

We'd all die