Chapter 85: Turminus lives

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It had been all smiles between me and Carl since then whole marriage thing, everyone looked at us weirdly like we knew something they didn't and they didn't like that. Maggie once again sat in front of me, Carl at my side, i brushed my hair out of my face using my left hand. The light hit the diamonds on my ring and flashed them at Maggie, she looked up surprised and her eyes traveled to my hand.

She dove forward taking my hand into hers and staring at the ring "oh my god, you guys are..." she trailed off, i looked at Carl who nodded without hesitation "i realize we're young but...i feel this is the only way we can get even closer then we already are without...y'know" Carl shrugged a blush tinting his cheeks as he trailed off (he's talking about the dance under the covers, you know? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*) "no, no i understand completely, i'm so happy for you guys!" she spread her arms bringing his both into a hug.

Maggie pulled away and strolled over to Glenn with a wink, she would keep our secret until everone else found out on their own thank god. It's not that i was ashamed to be engaged to that dweeb of course not! It's just...i have trouble letting people see parts of me i don't want them to see, i mean vulnerabilities, if people wanted to get to me i don't want them to know my loved ones are how they should do it know what i mean?

I stood as the doors burst open Sasha, Michonne, Tyrone, Daryl, and Rick had gone out as a search party for Bob, Tyrone and Sasha were holding up a very tired very beaten down looking Bob who was barely conscious. I gasped as my eyes trailed down to his left leg...or where it should be, frmo the knee down there was nothing. It had been cut off, they rushed to get him to the sofa in Gabriel's office.

Rick came back out with Michonne and Daryl looking rather worried "what is it?" i asked "Bob's bit" he said, gasps of anguish spread throughout the room "...and the guys who took his leg, were Turminus, they're still out there and they are looking for us" he sighed his modd clearly down from the bad news. As soon as something good happens something bad follows that's how it always is. I sat once more down on energy, not literally since the days have been rather lazy since the church provides good defense from the walkers.

Carl patted my knee as reassurance, running both hands through my hair in frustration, history seemed to repeat itself, once again my wrist was grabbed gently this time by Rick and he lifted my hand to his face "what is this?" he asked confused but not angry "um...well Carl and i-" "we're engaged" Carl cut me off confidently. Everyone seemed shocked.

Rick's confused face dropped to a blank stare before a grin spread across his face "really? I always wanted a daughter, this is excellent news! But if you kids go too far..." "we won't!" i reassured. As he let go of my wrist and Carl immediately intertwined our fingers pleased that his father approved. Happy cheers sounded through the room and people congratulated us "and we were hoping that Gabriel would be the one who would marry us" Carl spoke up.

Gabriel's head shot up at his name "hm? Oh! Of course, i have the power to do such things when would you like to be wed?" he asked "seeming as their might be a fight soon, if Turminus do chance upon us, then as soon as possible?" he looked to me to see if i was okay with this, taking a deep breath i nodded "is something wrong? Are you having second thoughts?" Carl asked panicked, i shook my head "of course not everything's just happening so fast, i never thought....that i would get married, i never thought that far ahead but now that it's happening it's overwhelming" i admitted

Rick patted me on the shoulder "i know, when i married Lori even though i loved her with all my heart i couldn't help but think, is this what i want to do for the rest of my life? To be with one person until i die, and it was until i stood in front of that podium, when she stepped out the doors and started walking down the aisle all thouse doubts melted away, you may not realize it yet (Y/N), but you have something so many other people don't have" i looked up at him "what is that?" he smiled "love from someone not related to you and such a young age".

Tyrone came out of Gabriel's office an exhausted expression on his face, peeling off the bandana he had tied over his head he sighed and looked up at all of us confused since we were smiling "you all secretly hated Bob or something?" he asked "what? No! No, it's just" i held my hand up showing him the band "oh wow...you two are?" he asked pointing between the two of us, we nodded "well congratulations! I'm glad even through tough times good things will happen.

Yes, these are very tough times, we need to get Eugene to Washington and we need to protect ourselves against the Turminus that remains, not to mention we have a wedding to plan!