Getting closure and forgiveness

Over the time Jess has been avoiding Frank for months. Archie understood why he was always angry toward Matt and how he was mad at Jess multiple times. Frank said to Archie.

"I know that Thanksgiving was not right by her and I want to apologize for confessing of what I had known with Matt's passing."

Archie said.

"We'll try to come up with something. She truly has been avoiding you like a plague!"

So Cheryl and Toni worked out the plan to get Jess to attend the dinner at home at Mary and Fred's home. She got home from PT and was told to go to the dinner table through FP and sure enough, Frank was at the table. One side of her wanted to leave, but the other part wanted answers.

"Hi."

Frank said nervously.

She parked her chair and didn't say a word.

"I know this is awkward, Jess I'm sorry for everything."

Jess sipped on her corona that Veronica has put out.

"I see that you are holding back." Frank said.

Jessica sighed.

"Damn straight."

She knew the true reason from Matt why they left Riverdale as it wasn't just the loss of Emily, Frank played such a huge role in that as well.

Frank said.

"What I was most impressed with you was how you said I took your last name because of the love that you have for my brother and I could see you were protecting Archie from what you always knew about my behavior. I'm sorry."

Jess was still quiet but she wanted peace and understanding of why is he always like that it was tough to ask.

"Can you get me another beer?"

Frank did.

Jess said calmly but still holding her guards.

"Where did it go south with my dad? I need to understand why you hated my dad so much to the point that you had the nerve to yell at my dad that he went into cardiac arrest? Why do you have the intention to hit me until i have a seizure?"

Frank felt horrible.

"The moment your parents were expecting with you, I was excited and they had not chose Godparents yet but I was hopeful that it would be me since I knew Fred and your dad were best friends, but I looked up to your dad and I had wanted to be like him and he was my hero. When the moment came to hear the decision of who was selected for being your Godparents I was excited until he said Frederick Arthur Andrews and Mary Andrews, it hurts as you took away Fred from me."

He continued.

"So when you were born anger just blossom and I couldn't accept that fact that your dad didn't choose me. So I tried so hard to embrace you, but I just hear your dad's voice Frederick Arthur Andrews when he just declared that he is your godfather that it ignited me to hurt you hence the seizures."

Jess breathe knowing that was the worst day ever and said.

"The day he died what was that about?"

Frank sighed and said.

"I was just frustrated with the fact that I wasn't your godfather and I just snapped said what I said. I never had intended to rattled him to the point he had died."

Jessica said.

"If you never intended it, why would you confess that on Thanksgiving? That slap, I thought I was going to die in front of my kids and Godkids!"

Frank felt horrible.

"Too many drinks. Look I'm sorry for everything."

She was holding her emotions back but it was tough. He carried her to Archie's room and said.

"Punch the damn bag."

Jess did as the emotions started to grow within her.  Then he encouraged her to punch him.

"DO IT, JESSICA!"

She went hard punching Frank plus screaming enough that Jughead, Archie, Veronica and FP ran in. Seeing Frank bruised up a bit, they want her to stop but her confession didn't come out yet so Frank encourages her.

"Come on Jess, say it!"

She finally confessing what her dad say about going back to Riverdale as she still punched him.

"I should have stayed in Riverdale and you ruined it! Dad confessed to me: You are the major reason why we never came back not just because of mom's death! I wish I got to see Archie grow up. RIVERDALE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HOME!"

Until everything broke her down shaking, Archie and Jughead hugged her.

"Breathe."

Jessica said to Frank.

"That what I had held back for so long! I forgive you, but I never forget so please change your behavior."

AN: inspired by last night episode loved how Frank helped Archie with his grief.