Jess boxing night

Jessica has been training for months and was so excited to do this for her father. Chrissy, her pt has played a huge help in training with helping her balance and move around in the ring as Archie tested her skills and she was tough as she almost knocked her brother down. Fred and jughead were impressed. Archie said.

"Whoa you really have watched how your dad played boxing."

Jessica smiles at the compliment as she took off her mouthguard. She said to Fred, Archie and to Jughead.

"Now you both see why I was panicking about Archie's competitor. Every move he was doing with you, those flashbacks came at me hard as I watched you fall and I visualized my dad side by side and how you came back up. I did visualize your competitor and his dad as a flashback and I said to myself I prayed that he doesn't have a daughter but when the dad pointed her out, I was like hell no but what pushed me was how he said if your Matt daughter you have to defend his title."

Jughead understood and Archie said.

"We will all be at the ringside every step of the way."

The night comes and Jess pray hard before coming out.

The announcer brought the competitor out first and showed her dad boxing picture then it showed Jessica's dad boxing photo and then Jessica came out.

At the first few rounds Jess was on a roll and she nailed it. Then Diana came back at her really well as Jess was bruising a bit especially at her back and face at this point, she was frightened and on the verge of tears. Fred watched worried for his angel as he sees she started to cry he sees Jess looked at her Dad's photo on the big screen she then remembered what her father quoted from the movie Rocky Balboa the scene when Rocky speaks to his son.

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!"

Matt try to tell her that many times and for the first time she understood. She took a deep breath looked at the photo blew a kiss.

"Ok Daddy, lets do this. Let show Diana That I know what I'm worth, then let go out and get what i'm worth and I'm willing to take the hits and not pointing fingers saying I'm ain't where I wanna be because of him, or, her or anybody. Coward do that and that ain't me! I'm better than that!"

She then added.

"Sorry that it took me this long to realize it!"

She got up and walked back in as she looked at Fred, Archie and Jug with a smile then put her mouth guard. After the referee let them go, Jess got Diana back and by round 15 Diana couldn't keep up and wanted to quit eventually she fell and couldn't get back up resulting Jess to win. Jess was speechless. Archie and Jug ran up and hugged her.

after the excitement Jess walked over and said to Diana's dad feeling humbled.

"It's been fun thank for encouraging me to defend my dad's title."

Diana's dad hug her and said.

"I wanted to see if you had it in you and you proved it to me your family and friends that you did."

Fred smile at what the guy said.

Jess tiredly greeted Fred and said.

"I did it."

"Thank you Jesus." He whispered as Fred hugs her as he could breathe again. There were moments during the fight, he thought he was going to lose her for good, despite the fact she came right back up each time. Those punch she received from Diana were intense.

Jessica then said.

"I'm tired, Daddy and my legs are hurting from moving."

Fred whispered.

"I know angel."

Archie took one side as Jughead takes the other side both knowing that she could not hold herself up anymore.

"Let get you change and let you rest at home."

Archie said.

They helped her in the locker room with changing and in the car they went to head home.

At home Veronica set up the jacuzzi with ice packs and she then greeted Jess as she was feeling aches and pains as it really caught up with her.

"I got you come with me."

Veronica said.

Jess could not think of moving another muscle at that point fatigue was taking over but she got in her chair and then she wheeled with Veronica to the bathroom and sees the jacuzzi was waiting for her.

"Praise Jesus." Jessica mumbled.

Veronica helps her with getting in her bikini and gently got her in as the pain subsides in her legs and Veronica iced her bruises on her back as Marie ice her face.

"How long are we icing? I am falling asleep and I just rather sleep for now."

Jess mumbles.

Marie admitted.

"Till the swelling goes down."

Jessica groans as she finally understands and now knows what it like to be in her father's shoes after he would do a fight.

"Forgive me, Daddy for all of those years when I would ask to play with you."

Veronica said.

"Really?"

Jessica sighs.

"You have no idea, Veronica. I was definitely like. "Come on Daddy let play tea party, come on pop, let play baseball and so on as my mom will be like. "No sweetie daddy needs some time to rest and get me some ice packs." I never understood all of that then and now I do. Even when Archie was going through the aftermath, my inner 5 year old self was going.

"Come on big bro lets play!" But as my Dad got Archie in the bathtub, he fell asleep tucked out exactly like his godfather. I definitely recalled thinking boxing truly does take a lot out of you but now I have experinced it, it crazy how exhausting it truly is."

The swelling went down and she changed into comfort clothes and laid down on her bed and fell asleep tucked out like a light. Couple minutes later Archie had to wake her to iced her face.

An was inspired by the episode that Archie did boxing.