Jess's song

At music class everyone has sang an original song they did written and it was Jess turn as she remembered Josh started to abuse her when she written this but when Matt asked her about the song, she couldn't tell her father about Josh and what he has done to his little girl. Fred, Mary, Archie, Jug and FP were there for support.

"I wrote this tune at a time where I couldn't speak up for myself. This song is what I could have said to Joshua, the man who made me speechless for years. My father Matthew, was aware of our relationship and only seen the nice side of him but he has never seen the pain I had endured I didn't want him to ever see it for he was so happy for me."

She teared up as she said.

"Daddy if you're looking down, I'm sorry for lying to you on all these years. I just wanted to protect you from seeing me hurt by Josh I truly didn't want to erase that smile off your face."

The piano started and the violinist begin.

"Here comes a wave
Meant to wash me away
A tide that is taking me under
Swallowing sand
Left with nothing to say
My voice drowned out in the thunder

But I won't cry
And I won't start to crumble
Whenever they try
To shut me or cut me down

I won't be silenced
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless

'Cause I'll breathe
When they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless

Written in stone
Every rule, every word
Centuries old and unbending
"Stay in your place."
"Better seen and not heard."
Well, now that story is ending

'Cause I
I cannot start to crumble
So come on and try
Try to shut me and cut me down

I won't be silenced
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless

Let the storm in
I cannot be broken
No, I won't live unspoken
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless

Try to lock me in this cage
I won't just lay me down and die
I will take these broken wings
And watch me burn across the sky
Hear the echo saying I...

Won't be silenced
Though you wanna see me tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless

'Cause I'll breathe
When they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless."

After she sang, Jess smiled for the first time in years the pain she held on for years was finally release. She came down and hugged Fred as he was in tears.

"So he never knew of the abuse?"

Jess admit.

"No never knew. I remember when I was writing the song, he looked at the lyrics and asked me what it about? I couldn't tell him because he truly loved Josh and I didn't want to break his heart so I fibbed and said "I don't know I'm making it up as we go along." I remember specifically and clearly he wanted to call you so you can meet Josh and approve him but knowing you, you would have picked up the pieces of what was truly going on and tell Daddy what actually is going on and because of that realization, I was like. "No Daddy, not today we can let Godaddy meet him another time."

Fred hugged her knowing how much she didn't want her father to know, knowing Fred would eventually tell her Dad.

"You know me too well."

Jess said.

"When you two met as you were being testified in court, I had chills. I knew that I would regret saying to dad "Goddaddy will meet him another time." I knew in that moment you had your eye on him, that you would see him as a bad guy. If my father would be alive, he would have seen the truth and I know how hurt he would have been since I was trying protect him from getting hurt."

Fred hugged her as she sobbed at the memory.

"I definitely understand the initial fear. I know in my heart that your dad will forgive you and probably will thank you for protecting him from getting heartbroken over what you have endured."

AN I loved this song in Aladdin and as I watched the movie, I had envisioned this part of the book! If I showed spoilers, my bad 😬 but I loved this song!