Trigger and Understanding

Jess went to pick up Everly from her class with the help from Archie, Joaquin and FP as Matthew was alongside for the ride. Jess has been tired, frustrated and masking the pain from Everly for awhile now since her daughter isn't aware that Jughead has passed despite the fact the conversation did happen slowly, but Everly was in her own world.

"Hey Evie! How was rehearsals?"

Joaquin asked as Everly got in and put on her seatbelt.

Everly smiled.

"I'm so excited about our recital coming up soon. I can't wait to see all of your reactions! Are you guys excited?"

FP said.

"Yes we are, pumpkin. We wouldn't miss it for the world!"

Jess breathe as she recalled her dad said.

"Yes of course! I wouldn't be missing it for the world."

Everly said.

"I hope you all like it. Most of all, I pray that Daddy enjoy his piece!"

Just as they heard the word Daddy, Archie looked at Jess just breathing calmly. Deep down inside Jess finally understood what her father was feeling all the emotions on the day Emily passed. He was still struggling with the pain of losing her, but keeping his composure for Jess. That is exactly what Jessica is doing for Everly's sake as she grieve the loss of Jug. Archie whispered.

"You alright?"

Jess said whispering.

"It is triggering just a bit. Thankfully she has not pushed me to the edge."

Then Everly said.

"Mommy, daddy's coming too right?"

Jessica could hear her own voice.

"Mommy's coming too right?"

Jessica felt pushed to the edge as Archie rubbed Jessica's back.

"Breathe Jess."

Jess looked at her 10 year old calmly and the words couldn't come out to her own daughter. That was the moment Jess realized her dad stalled the car and gave her the "What did you say?" look. So Archie called Veronica to help Jess to break the news to Everly regarding Jughead. So they all sat at a picnic table and Matt showed Everly the video.

"Everly, I want to begin with: you remind me of my younger self when I was your age. I love dancing with such passion and during every rehearsal, it take me back to my mother your grandmother and I as my mom would cheer me on along with Grandma Mary and Grandma Gladys. When your grandmother passed, I had a hard time understanding of what happened and why she was not coming to my first recital. I know that you have worked so hard with yours and that you are very excited to perform in front of everyone. My point is Daddy won't be able to watch you perform."

Veronica said.

"Do you remember that conversation when Mom got back from Grandma Gladys, Aunt Jellybean and Grandpa FP's house?"

Everly said.

"Yeah."

Veronica asked gently.

"Do you understand what Mommy is telling you?"

Jessica was crying as she is overwhelmed and tired but trying so hard to keep it together as she feared Everly was going to back out.