Surprise!

The day of the talent show tv themed competition at Riverdale University, Jess was excited to sing and eased her worries since she constantly misses Archie.

The show was so much fun and entertaining throughout the evening and last was Jessica as Joaquin, Veronica, Toni, Marie and Fang get into their place on the instruments and microphones.  Joaquin said.

"Whenever you're ready."

Jessica nervously look up and has her eyes on Jughead and Fred in the audience which calmed her but wishes Archie were here. She describes the episode before performing.

"Nashville is an amazing show and the episode has the song I'm about to sing has gotten me in tears when I first watched it with my boyfriend, Jughead. When I read the lyrics the next day, it has brought me back to my family.  My father Fred, my brother Archie have been my sanctuary through the good and bad from day one. With this song I would like give it back to them. I also dedicate this song to them."

Backstage Archie held his tears and smiles at the intro.

She turned to her friends as Cheryl put up the slideshow of the 3 of them. The music starts and Jess starts.

"Turn the light off, go to bed
Tell me all about the day you had
Lay beside me, it's time to rest
You can close your eyes, you've done your best

Let me be your sanctuary
Let me be your safe place to fall
I can take away your worries
The refuge from it all

All this time
We have together
Is our shelter from the rain
I will share the weight you carry
Let me be your sanctuary

We have weathered through the storms
Taking comfort in each other's arms
When the dark clouds come again
I will lift you up and take you in

Let me be your sanctuary
Let me be your safe place to fall
I can take away your worries
The refuge from it all

Oh, this time
We have together
Is our shelter from the rain
I will share the weight you carry
Let me be your sanctuary

I will share this weight you carry
Let me be your sanctuary."

Fred teared up and stood to applaud her especially the nurses and doctors who have cared for her brother. The host decided to give Jess the surprise.

"I know you have been practicing for this day for months and you really did rehearse at the hospital for your brother, Archie. Well in that same day, Archie come out!"

Archie walked over and scooped her up from her chair. Everyone applauded! It was truly a well kept secret from Jessica.

"Hey sis!"

Jessica said.

"Oh my goodness! Archie!"

She was speechless.

"When did you wake up?"

Archie nodded.

"Like 15 minutes after you left."

Jessica teared up. Fred came up to the stage and hugged Jess as she was sobbing tears of joy. In the end Jess won first place.