Duet assignment

In songwriting class it was about learning to duet and mixes lyrics and Jess was familiar with it through Will and she was excited until she sees the date of when it's due on the one year anniversary of William's death.

Keep it together just don't cry!

She thought to herself and Archie knew along with Jughead.

She knew that she wanted to do the duet that she and William did at her father's memorial. She got all of William's vocals and prayed hard that she could pulled it off as she got to church where the assignment were due and Michelle and Sarah were there along with Fred and Mary. They did show the original clip as Jess was outside waiting to be called and to the professor, it was a beautiful mashup of hymns and the professor asked as she was unaware that William passed one year today.

"Is Jess and William ready?"

Thankfully Jess didn't come out to hear that, amazingly Michelle and Sarah explains the situation. Jess came out and the video played as the two sang.

"I love you Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship you."

Jessica poured her soul in the verse.

"You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking you as a precious jewel
But to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all."

the clips showed William part.

"You came from heaven to earth
To show the way
From the earth to the cross
My debt to pay
From the cross to the grave
From the grave to the sky
Lord I lift your name on high."

Then the two sang.

"I could sing of your love forever
I could sing of your love forever
My saviour loves
My saviour lives
My saviour's always there for me
My God He was
My God He is
My God is always gonna be
Repeat "My saviour loves"

Jess brought the church down.

"Our God is an awesome God He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom, power, and love
Our God is an awesome God."

Will sang.
"My God He is
My God is gonna be."

Jess sang again.

"I could sing of your love forever."

Will sang again.

"Lord I lift your name on high."

Jess then sang.

"You are my all in all."

At the end Jess turn to the clip as they sang while she teared up.

"Take joy my King
In what you hear
Let it be a sweet sweet sound in your ear."

Jess blew a kiss to the clip as she quietly said.

"Thank you, buddy."

Fred teared up knowing that she is quietly in deep mourning with the anniversary. She sat with her classmates as Sarah hugged her.

"I am so very proud of you!"

She admitted.

Jess wiped her tears.

"Thank you, Sarah. How are you holding up?"

Sarah said.

"I have my days but I'm always strong for Michelle and for you."

She added.

"I woke up at the exact moment when I saw your message on Will's cell."

Jess sighed.

"Yeah. Archie and Jughead stayed with me at my dorm once they had realized what today was last night and they were checking on me during the hours that I initially woke up at midnight then 7:00 am when I woke up in panic as they were thinking I would get up, but I slept through the night. School work had me exhausted."

Sarah was relieved hearing that. Michelle came over and say that she was so very proud of Jessica.

"That was beautifully done and during the duet, even though it's just a clip of my son, you made the performance felt like as if he was still here."

Jess teared up and was speechless by that compliment. She composed herself.

"That compliment was everything because I have been practicing since it has been assigned long enough that my goal was to make it feel like he is still with us.  I tried it with Archie and Jughead it didn't compare anything to what William had. I was like "Sorry guys, love you both but I have to go with plan B." So I emailed my professor our story and I did explained that the day it would be due, will be one year ago that William passed. So she was cool with it."

Sarah was livid at the sentence so she was cool with it.

"If she was cool with it, then why in heavens would she ask. "Is Jess and William ready?"

But Michelle has spoke.

"We did explain to your professor."

In the end she passed the assignment and the professor met William's family and Jess has to explain in the introduction their fiancé and son has passed away. The Professor was embarrassed by the way she did say that earlier.

"Your fiancé and son was amazing!"

Fred teared up.

"I'm so very proud of you."

Jessica smile.

"Thank you, Daddy."