Jughead's protectiveness

Jughead was having nightmares lately.

"Baby! Babe nooooo!"

He woke up and took deep breaths.

"Just a dream."

He got out of the bed and showered and walked out to Jessica house tired and fatigued. He made it to her house and sleepily knock.

"Baby."

He see Jessica wheeled to the door and open it.

"Oh love." Seeing the sight of stress Jughead in.

Jughead scoop her up and walk to the bedroom and locked her door and kissed her face.

"I love you so damn much."

He said in while sitting on her bed.

Jessica asked.

"What is making you feel this way?"

Jughead sleepily replies.

"It doesn't matter now babe."

He dropped his head down letting sleep take over. Jessica gently laid him down and cuddled into him.

"Sweet dreams, Jughead."

At 3 am Jughead woke up shaking from another nightmare and looked at Jessica as she was in pain from over doing her exercises.

"My legs is killing me."

Jughead remembered from Chrissy that warm water soothes the aches and pains.

"I got you love be right back."

He set up a huge tub and running the warm water once it was done, he undressed her and placed her in the tub.

She sighed in relief and plead.

"Stay."

Jughead took off his shirt and jeans and went in just watched her relax pleases him as she fell asleep nuzzling against him.  He fell back asleep as well.

Couple months in class Jughead could not rest or think straight. One day someone pushed Jessica and she defended herself but was punched in the stomach exactly like in his nightmares. Sadly Jughead witnessed it in time as she fell toward the ground.

"BABY!"

Jessica grunts in pain as she stood up. It was a rival from Jessica old school, Michelle.

"Good ol times huh?"

Jessica tries to move away thankfully all the Serpents rush to her sides.

"Move lady." Fang admitted.

Jughead sees her struggle to walk with her walker as Fang guided her but collapsed in pain he runs toward her.

"What wrong love?"

She pointed at her stomach. He carries her to the nurses and stays at her side as the nurses examined her. There was a huge bruise on her stomach so they place medication and wrapped up the bandage.

Jughead carries her to the cafeteria and she ate as she looked at Jughead exhausted from what he witnessed he did not sleep for weeks.

"Jughead, breath."

He breathed and begged for sleep quietly. Jessica knew so she weakly walked him through the hall and they sat at the lockers.

She sang a lullaby her mom sang to her as a child in perfect tune.

"Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head, close to my heart,
Never to part, baby of mine.

Little one, when you play,
Pay no heed, what they say.
Let your eyes sparkle and shine,
Never a tear, baby of mine.

If they knew all about you,
They'd end up loving you too.
All those same people who scold you,
What they'd give just for the right to hold you.

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But, you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be, baby of mine."

Jughead dozed off to rest and gently cuddle with Jessica.