A Head Nurse's Secret

So nine months was here and the contractions woke Jess up at 2 am and Matthew was excited as he watched his mom walk down the hospital hallways as staff admits she needed to move around.

"Mommy you are doing awesome!"

Matt said excitedly.

Jess hugged her precious little man.

"Soon you will be a big brother!"

Matthew said.

"Yep!!! Daddy and I will help."

Gladys took Matthew. Jessica started to feel tired but she remembered from last time and prayed that she would keep alert. As she sat in the pool she started to doze off and the nurse admits.

"No rest!"

Mary took the nurse aside and said.

"You know my daughter has been dreading to hear you say that. You need to understand the first time she was giving birth, it was supposed to be a joyous relaxing time for her but you keep going and dismiss a lot of people that she wanted. In the end her son was born and she was happy. What did my baby, my goddaughter and daughter did to affect you? I want to know!"

The nurse teared up.

"Two week before Jess came I was assigned to a patient who was like Jessica she had a disability and she was excited about meeting her son everything was fine until she had a heart attack and we revived her 5 times and her son was born but it scared me and scarred me for days. When I was assigned to Jess, I begged my boss to give me someone else but no so in order to avoid that same fate, I demand everything to keep her alert."

Mary understood. The head nurse said.

"I will let her do whatever she wants. I never realized my fear that I had truly stressed her out and ruined the joyful experience of giving birth. "

FP decided to check on his daughter.

"You ok?"

Jess said.

"I just got in the pool and I'm tired."

Mary came over.

"You could rest now."

So Jessica sighed and dozed off to sleep until it was time to push but she woke up as contractions were coming and going but eventually she gave birth to a baby girl as she named her Everly Mary Gladys Emily Jones. When Jughead laid his eyes on her, he understood the feeling Matthew felt for his little girl when Jess was born.

Jess look at her husband.

"You ok, Babe?"

Jughead sang to Everly the song that Archie and Jess dance at their wedding the song Fred and Matt wrote to Jessica.

"I loved her first, I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep

And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But it's still hard to give her away
I loved her first

From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep

Someday you might know what I'm going through
When a miracle smiles up at you
I loved her first."

Jessica teared up knowing that Jug and Everly was going to be close just like She, Matt, Fred And FP did.