Rumor in Riverdale part two

Jessica was practicing for worship at her church her first big solo and everyone in her Southside family couldn't wait to witness it on Saturday especially Jughead. He has been excited for weeks for her. Toni came over with Marie and sat down with her.

"Someone is going around school is saying that Jughead hanging with Betty." Toni said.

Jessica took in the news hard and got down on her knees and immediately prayed as she was in tears.

"I hope not. I love him so very much!"

Marie got angry and decided to find the person who started this nasty rumor. She asked every single person until she found it as Michelle is the culprit.

"Why?" Marie asked.

Michelle said.

"I just thought it would be fun."

Marie said.

"It not. Jessica is broken and frustrated. You need to go to Jughead first before Jess explode on him."

They went and eventually Michelle confessed. Jughead has finally found peace since the rumor is over and for the past few weeks it has been giving him an headaches when he did plead to everyone that he wasn't dating Betty.

Meanwhile at church with Toni's encouragement Jessica started practicing again.

'I've heard a thousand stories of what they think You're like
But I've heard the tender whispers of love in the dead of night."

As Marie sat with Toni, Jughead came into the church singing as Jess had chills at Jug's voice she wasn't expecting it at all. Because of Jess, he and the rest of their Southside family has started going to church.

"And you tell me that You're pleased
And that I'm never alone."

The two sang together.

"I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God."

Jughead stood her up from her chair and held her as he sang.

"From my mothers womb
You have chosen me
Love has called my name."

Jessica sang smiling and speechless of Jughead's singing.

"I've been born again, into Your family
Your blood flows through my veins."

the two sang again as Marie and Toni watched lifting their hands and worship.

"I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God."

Jughead sang again as Jessica sang with him dancing a little.

"You're a good good Father
It's who You are, it's who You are, it's who You are
And I'm loved by You
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God

It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am
A child of God."

Jughead said after the song ended.

"I would never ever leave you. Michelle did started this S...."

Jessica figured it was her and said.

"Baby can we sing this together at service just to prove to everyone that were in this together?"

He smiled.

"Of course."

Jessica chatted with her pastor and worship leader and explained the idea and they loved it.

That Saturday everyone was proud of Jess and Jughead has truly impressed everyone in their Southside family.

AN: my two favorite worship songs and favorite marriage couple. If you're not familiar with Caleb, He is in Anthem Lights. they do hymns and worship covers. just excited to finally use this song in a chapter *Excited dance time* I have posted the video above so y'all can hear the song.