Michelle's story

Marie always knew Michelle loved to bully Jess but she wanted to know the reason all these years.

"So why?"

Michelle said.

"From preschool through now I was always envious of Jessica life with her parents as you didn't know my parents had passed away and I would miss them wishing I still have them as I would watch Jess be with her parents. But whenever I was with her, I would feed my anger towards her as a pleasure to hide my pain."

Michelle deeply admitted to Marie.

"I know her parents are long gone and she is now with the Andrews, I regret deeply all those times. I want to tell her I'm sorry but how."

So everyone convince Jess to be a friend to Michelle and they talk a lot overtime and everything was going smoothly. So in singing class it was broadway theme and everyone was being paired up. The professor said.

"Who has the green envelope?"

Michelle lifted her and Jess said.

"Me."

Since Jess had a green envelope she ended up being paired with Michelle and lord she was hiding her frustration as she watched Michelle walked over even though they both had been catching up,  but she didn't know what song has been chosen from Michelle.

Lord Jesus Christ

she thought to herself.

Michelle smiled excitedly as Jess remembered her dad would say.

Don't Judge a book by it cover

In the audience Fred and Mary were there along with Fang, Archie and Jughead. Michelle's family were there as well. Michelle came over one night to apologize the Andrews for everything for her behavior over the years.

The song plays and Michelle sang.

"I'm limited
Just look at me
I'm limited
And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do
Glinda
So now it's up to you
"For both of us."

Jess said.

Then Michelle sang.

"Now it's up to you."

Jessica froze as she knew where the song is from the play Wicked. Fred and Matt took her for her birthday one year before Matt truly got sick and thinking of the memory her heart was in her throat. Jessica remembered Matt said as the song was sung during the scene in the play.

Think of me and mommy as you listen or sing this song

Jess wheeled in the hallway to compose herself then come back into the room as everyone cheered.

"Atta girl you got this, Baby!"

Jughead said.

Jess asked the pianist to start the melody.

Jess looked at Fred assuring that she is ok and sang in perfect notes as she think of her parents and the Andrews being there for her over the years.

"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good."

Michelle sang as she looked at Jess.

"It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

Jess sang.
Because I knew you
(Both):
I have been changed for good

Michelle continues as she teared up.

"And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done, you blame me for."

Then Jess sang.

"But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share
(Both)
And none of it seems to matter anymore

Jess
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
(Michelle)
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a bird
In the wood (Harmony over Jess)
(Both)
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better
(Jess)
And because I knew you...
(Michelle)
Because I knew you...
(Both)
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good..."

Everybody sobbed as the two hugged it out.

Michelle sobbed as she hugged her.

"I'm sorry for everything my behavior towards you was unacceptable yes we both lost our parents but we have our families."

Michelle pointed out towards the Andrews and her family.

"I wanted to end my hatred for a long time."

Jess said.

"It all good and our families make us a better person."

The professor said.

"Jess you looked stunned when Michelle sang the first line what was going through your mind?"

Jess admitted.

"As Michelle sang the lines

"I'm limited
Just look at me
I'm limited."

I had chills and it took me back to a memory I had: it was the last play we saw with my father for the last time before he really got sick for my birthday and I did invited my Daddy who was then my Godfather. Hence why I looked at him to reassure that I was ok before I sang and I'm sure it took him back to that memory as well. What made me stepped out and excuse myself to compose was during the scene in the play my father said to me: Think of me and mommy as you listen or sing this song.

I remember singing this song many times as I grieve the loss of my dad and my mother. It was a song that comforted me during that difficult period. To be honest with all of you, I haven't sang it in forever that why I was like panicking and thinking who picked this? Knowing my history with Michelle, thank to Marie, Jughead, Archie and everyone I have been talking to her leading up to this point it made sense now in why we were catching up:  this song is about friendship, forgiveness and everything."

The professor said.

"Michelle chose this song. She wanted to expressed in song that she sorry for all she put you through and wanted to show you that she truly has changed for good."

Michelle hugged her as Jessica was speechless then Jess said.

"I could see you wanted forgiveness when you sang the lines And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done, you blame me for
I saw how you chose the song for that particular bridge and the tears in your eyes truly showed how much you really change and I forgiven you."

Everyone applauded.