Matthew's surprise for mom

So Archie found out there was no funding for football thank to Hiram and decided to scrap up some money to bring it back with Veronica's help and recruit some of the students. Toni brought back the Vixens.

One day, Matt went up to his Godfather and said.

"I want to join and I want to surprise Mom."

Junior smiled in agreement and said.

"Me too: for Godmother!"

Archie knew exactly what Junior and Matt was thinking and planning.

He said to Matt.

"You have some big shoes to fill because after your grandfather, I had the jersey and my Dad (who middle name you have) was floored and your mom too-she was like saying to my Dad isn't this Daddy's uniform? after hearing the impact and story, I wore it with pride and honor knowing that is my Godfather. You got to wear it with pride and honor!"

Matt understood.

" Yes coach uh, How are we going to surprise, Ma?"

Archie smiled.

"I have a plan."

After they have enough teams, they practice and when it all went good Archie quickly explained what going on to surprise Jess as Toni and Veronica went to get Jessica. Jessica was tired after a long day of teaching and Veronica said in a urgent tone stopped by her office.

"Come over to the football field!"

Jess was nervous.

"Coming, coming, coming, is everything ok?"

Toni said.

"I don't know Matt started the fight."

This was part of the setup and Jess fell for it-she pushes her wheelchair hard as if her life depends on it-she felt as if she was a teen again racing to get to class!

Toni and Veronica said.

"Jessica still got it-speeding through the hallways!"

They texted Archie the exact statement.

She on her way she still got it, rolling her chair down the hall fast! 😉 T and V!

Archie smiled.

Jessica said as she made it to the football field.

"Oh Matt, what in heavens name is going on?"

She thought out loud feeling tired but angry that Matt is making her anxious at this point, she just want to go bed and sleep. The staff miked her up because Matt had the headphone on.

"I'm here! Matthew, you better be on your best behavior and..."

She stopped at the sight of the big screen in the middle of the field.

"Daddy?"

It was a young photograph of Matthew holding Jessica after winning a game she was only a week old. Veronica and Toni sat between her and see her face.

"You ok?"

Jessica said tearing up as she feels her father's presence on the field-she was at home indeed. It been a long time since she last saw that photo at her graduation. She knew alongside Fred would not be happy with everything that happening today thank to Hiram.

"I miss him-he lived, bleed and breathed Bulldog pride with his heart on his sleeve as well as this field."

She paused then said.

"Then I come back to the school and who do I meet in Dad's jersey, Archibald Andrews."

she continues and admitted with pride.

"Oh gosh: didn't know this: Archie exceeded my thoughts of who will take my Dad's place and fill in his shoes? During the year my parents graduated from Riverdale High: on the field, he truly carries Dad's spirit as he played."

Archie smiled at Jessica's statement and even choked up.

Sure enough Archie's senior portrait in his Godfather's jersey came on screen.

"Oh nice! what is going on?"

On the screen it reads as Jess read it out loud.

Mom, I know I have big shoes to fill and I won't let you or Grandpa down. If Goddaddy can do it, so can I.🥲🤪 I have his name Matthew and I carry it proudly.

Matthew came out in the jersey with tears and pride knowing that he heard everything in his mother's words through headphone. Jessica was overwhelmed as she back up her chair as she was speechless as he says.

"Now your son!"

Veronica and Toni said in tears.

"Surprise!"

Jessica said.

"Matthew, oh my goodness."

She hugged him.

"Oh my first born."

Archie teared up knowing this meant a lot to Jess.

Jess then asked unaware what began the whole process.

"Uh who idea was this to bring back the team, I thought we were tight on money."

Junior said.

"Godmomma, Coach Archie!"

Jess was surprised to see her Godson in uniform and hugged him.

"Oh my goodness, my babies! Junior, does your parents know that you are on the team?"

Junior said.

"Yep they were in on the plan as well- so i recorded everything to show them how it played out."

Junior and Matt hugged Jess.

Archie smiled at Jess in his coach uniform.

"Surprised sis?"

Jessica was loss for words seeing Archie as coach.

"Yeah oh wow, I'm sure you gave him a heart to heart talk regarding the uniform."

Archie said.

"Yes: Your son really wanted to surprise you as well as Joaquin Jr."

Jess said to her son.

"Grandpa and Dad would have been so very proud of you, Matt. Matthew you got me good, Aunt Veronica had me speeding like crazy down the hallway-haven't done that since my teens trying to make it on time to class, during the line Matt started the fight I'm thinking Jug, give me the strength to chat with our son cause Momma is tired!"

Veronica said laughing.

"This was the only way to get you to come onto the field."

Jessica admitted.

"It works!"

Matthew admitted.

"This is my early Mother's Day gift to you, Ma!"

Jessica's heart was full.