The Next Morning

Jess's alarm went off to get ready for class as it startled Fred. He hit the snooze button and Marie gave her a shower and got her dressed for the day and she came out from the bathroom to greet her dad.

"Good morning, Daddy!"

She hugged him with the help from Marie.

"I made sure that Archie would get you some breakfast and coffee!"

She was a little tired but she has a large cup of coffee to carry.

"Do you need anything?" Fred asked.

She made sure she has everything.

"I'm good here."

She said to Marie.

"Can you give us a moment? I will definitely be meeting you."

Marie went outside waiting.

Jessica said.

"I wanna to say thank you for everything you did when I was growing up and the fact that you and Archie cared and go through the extra mile to get me in the program so I can be independent and have 24 hours assistance means everything to me. In that moment, when I had witnessed the disappointment in your and Archie's face as I explained everything, it was then I realized how hard you both did worked to make sure I had everything in place. I didn't realize then when we were setting up the dorm in August, but now I know how it is important for you and my dad since your days in high school you both have been planning my future."

She teared up.

"I promise you I will definitely make you and my dad so proud. Today and the rest of the semester! I will show you and Archie as well as dad that all the effort y'all put in to get me here are worth it."

Fred said as he wiped her tears.

"Do not get overwhelmed with stress cause I can see last night how overwhelmed you looked and it broken Archie and I. Try to get an nap in as well."

Jess said.

"Ok Daddy. Wait Archie is supposed to bring your breakfast."

Archie came in and greeted his sister and gave Daddy his breakfast and coffee. He even brought Jess extra ice coffee.

"Sis I want to say I'm sorry for everything and Dad and I for months worked hard to get you in the program I wasn't expecting this outcome from their selection of nurse. I gave Marie your iced coffee I brought you because you needed it for today since you are still lacking in sleep."

Jess said.

"I'm aware of it and I truly appreciate you both so very much."

They hugged her.

Then she decided to head out to class.

"Have a wonderful day, guys!  I love you. Daddy have a good day at work."

When she got back she was exhausted and kept her father's promise to nap. Too tired to ask Marie to transfer to her bed, she parked her chair next to bed and tilt back then turned off her chair and just slept. When Marie came in to help Jess with anything, she sees her best friend tucked out she snapped a photo and captioned: She kept your promise, Mr. A.

Fred was at the office when he got the text.

"I hope she ok." Fred thought before opening.

He opened it and sees a photo of his daughter fast asleep with the caption.

She kept your promise, Mr. A.
Marie

Fred was relieved and wrote back

That my girl. Is she cold? 🥶

Marie walked over and touched her hand it was freezing. She grabbed the big quilt that Jess has through her childhood that Fred had it made when she was first born and placed it on her as Jess slept. Jess stirred a bit mumbled something thinking Archie is bugging her.

"Bro I'm tired."

Marie send the photo as Jess drifted off again.

Fred smiled at the photo as he couldn't believe that the quilt he had given her is still standing strong.