Stressed

Jughead was nervous to chat with Jessica and was tired of his pain but most of all he hadn't rested. Sitting against the locker looking into the window he sees a reflection of Jessica as she wheeled toward the windows.

Jessica sat with him.

"Hey Jug how are you?"

"Fine just stressed out with life."

Jessica said.

"I wanted to say thank you for taking me to the nurses on my first day of starting here. I know it not easy to help me in one day."

Jughead smile for the first time in awhile.

"I'll always have your back."

He yawned dozing off to sleep.

Jessica got out of her chair place herself against the lockers and let him feel comfortable to rest against her rather than leaning against the window. Jughead smiled knowing she made him feel safe.

Hours later he had felt rested.

"I'm so sorry I guess I couldn't stay awake."

Jessica got back in her chair.

"No worries I know from experience sometimes I'm up constantly doing homework, pt other things just forgetting I need to rest. I tend to fall asleep during the weirdest moments in the day or just like you by the lockers."

She giggled.

Jughead knew deep down he found his match.

Couple weeks later in school Jessica was mentally physically exhausted from tons of stuff at home especially now her ex has found her. Jughead knew she need to rest but she couldn't. He wheeled her to the lockers and just looked at her as she mumbled.

Tired I need to go to cheerleading I need to go to cheer I need to contact my PT."

Thankfully for Jug sleep took over her as she rested against jughead's leather jacket.

Jughead stroke her hair as she rest against him. At one point someone started her awake by scaring her and she was frightened.

"Yo Fang don't do that!" Jughead whispers.

Jughead then gently took her out of her chair and and lean her against him at the lockers and used his jacket to cover her as a blanket since it was freezing.

"Practice I got to go."

Jessica mumble but she was exhausted as she falling asleep again but Jughead stroke her hair from her face.

"I will always protect you." He whispered.