Grandma Marie Passed Away

Jess has been busy with Matthew as he growing up so fast as the months are flying by quickly and at this point Marie has been living in an assisted living home since she needs ton of care as Jess knew that she no longer care for herself and Marie loved the help she has been receiving. So one stressful evening Matthew has been keeping Jess up as Jug was working and she got the call from the assisted living home saying Marie has went to be with the lord and that she has to go get Marie's stuff and bring it back home.

"Ok thank you."

Jess hung up feeling completely lost and defeated as Marie was only piece that she has left of her father.

"Come on, Son please calm down."

She pleaded.

Matthew kept on crying until Jess remember Grandma favorite Christmas song as she sang with the choir Still still still as it always put Jess to sleep every Christmas Eve service.

It not Christmas, but Grandma it the only song you have sang in the choir many countless times that I dozed off to sleep many times as a child in Dad's or Fred's arms and I know this Christmas won't be the same without you.

She thought as tears streamed down her face as the loss was hitting her hard then she sang as she thought of her grandmother.

"Still, still, still,
One can hear the falling snow.
For all is hushed,
The world is sleeping,
Holy Star it's vigil keeping.
Still, still, still,
One can hear the falling snow.
Sleep, sleep, sleep,
'Tis the eve of our Saviour's birth.
The night is peaceful all around you,
Close your eyes,
Let sleep surround you.
Sleep, sleep, sleep,
'Tis the eve of our Saviour's birth.
Dream, dream, dream,
Of the joyous day to come.
While guardian angels without number,
Watch you as you sweetly slumber.
Dream, dream, dream,
Of the joyous day to come."

At each verse Matthew has calmed down and relax by the last verse, he was fast asleep. Jess smiled feeling relived as she felt tired.

"Thank you, Grandma for everything. I am at peace that you are with Daddy again."

She said quietly as sleep took over as she sit against the wall of the nursery holding her son close.

At 3 am Archie and Mary heard the news in a voice message from the place and instantly drives to Jug and Jess's house as they were concerned for their baby girl knowing how close she was with Marie over the years. Jessica has placed them as emergency contacts as she filled the form when she first signed Marie in the assisted living.

Mary got the key and went in.

"Jess? Jess where are you."

Jess's eyes opened as the tears flowed again as the realization was getting to her.

"In here!"

Mary ran in and sees her sobbed quietly as she gently rocked her son.

"Oh honey."

Jessica admit.

"Grandma's gone."

Archie sat with her and hold her close as she sobbed.

"Relax sis relax."

Mary decided to hold Matt so Jess could catch on sleep. Jughead came back as he heard the message from the assisted living place and ran to find Jess.

"Babe?"

Mary brought him to the nursery and he sees her fast asleep leaning against Archie.

"Oh Babe."

He gently carried her to their room and got her comfortable then he got changed and crawled in.