Archie got shot

It has been a long time since Archie had promised Jessica and assured her that nothing would ever happened to Jughead and him. One day on the way to Psychology class a student came across Archie and shot him exactly how his father was. Fred was dropping off food for Archie when he found Archie hurt.

"Son!"

He got him in the car and drives him toward the hospital then walked in pleading for help as Archie once did for him.

"ANYONE HERE? PLEASE IT MY SON PLEASE HELP HIM!"

Archie had a flashback of his sister and their conversation back in high school.

"It's ok it just a dream."

He sat next to her and she said.

"What if someone gets you or Jughead?"

Archie assures her.

"Nothing will happen to us. I promise."

Archie fought back tears.

"Dad please be there for Jessica. I have let her promise down!"

Fred didn't know the story knowing that he will have Jess tell this story.

The staff came to Archie's rescue and Fred watched him get him on the operation table.

"It will be ok. I'm here!"

Back at school Jess was studying for exam and it was a lot when Jess phone was ringing on her iPad.

"Hey Daddy!"

Fred said.

"How are you?"

Jessica said telling Marie.

"Page 334 that the definition we need."

She said to Fred.

"It intense studying for this exam this week. Uh everything ok?"

Fred sense it and didn't want to stress her.

"Yes all is good. I have a question to ask you."

Jessica said.

"Anything! Uh you want Marie to go to a private area?"

Fred said.

"Yes."

So Marie did and Fred asked.

"What did Archie promise you?"

Jessica remember that morning so clearly.

" it's was 3 am I had a nightmare and I woke up panicking sweating and Archie being a brother as always came in and comfort me after I asked what if something happened to Archie or jughead. He says nothing will happen to him or jug and he promised that to me. You were in an coma at the time. Josh has shot you."

Everything made sense to Fred as he understood and was fighting tears while visualizing this memory she spoke about.

"I see. Well I will let you get back to studying."

Jessica said.

"Ok."

The two hung up, Jessica did not feel good after that call something was wrong.

The day of the exams Jessica prayed and prayed for strength for whatever is was bothering her. Fred called her and she answered.

"Daddy is Archie ok? Been missing him lately since he always start my morning with a hug and a chat. Jughead is filling that void,  but it not the same without my big brother."

Fred sighs looking at Archie in bed as he was in a coma. He knew he had to tell her.

"Baby be strong for Archie. He got shot the other day when I asked you what was the promise he did with you."

Jessica fight back tears.

"Oh my goodness, Daddy. Is he with you?"

Fred said.

"Yes he is resting another word after the surgery he fell in a coma like I did."

Jessica said.

"I will definitely try to come by whatever time the exam is over."

Fred said.

"Good luck, baby. Just breathe through this!"

Jessica said.

"I love you, Daddy give Archie a hug for me please and tell him I love him."

They hung up and Jessica felt like sobbing but she couldn't because of exams since it the important ones.

It was all day nonstop exams and she was not done till 3 am.

At 3 am, she asked Jughead to drive her to the hospital and he figured out that her dad told her. She wheeled inside and asked the nurse to find Archie's bedroom. Once she got there she nervously brace herself for what she will see and wheeled in. Fred was asleep on a cot and sees Archie with everything tube, monitors and all. She wheeled over and said.

"I passed all of my exams and your presence was with me for sure."

She said.

"I love you so very much."

She wheeled towards Fred and kisses his forehead. Fred woke up and sees Jessica.

"Jess how did you get here?"

Jessica said.

"Jughead. Guess what? I passed all of my exams on the first try."

Fred was relieved as he got up and embraced her. He was worried about the state she was in after telling her about Archie.

"You must be exhausted."

Jessica sighs.

"Yeah definitely."

He kisses her forehead and said.

"Go back to campus and get some sleep."

Jess nodded and looked at Archie one last time.

"Pull through big brother. I love you."