Josh's letter

Meanwhile at the dorm, Jess was getting chemo when she received a letter from Josh. The guards from the New York prison were visiting to announce that Joshua has died in jail. Jess was stunned as she looked at Archie and Fred  as they  confirms as it was in the news. Looking at the letter she said.

"Oh what the heck does he want money or getting out?"

Marie, Archie and Fred watch Jess opened it and it read.

Dear Jess,

I am sorry for the things I did to you over the years and I know deep in my heart that you didn't deserve any of that. I just really didn't want to break up with you in the first place. I truly did my best to be a better man to you and instead I just scared you away and pushed you even further away each time I saw you. You were the only girl I love so deeply.

I hope Jughead treat you well and make you happy.

Josh

Jess showed Archie and Fred as she was frightened of his words as it didn't match the person she knew and her thoughts started replaying of what he did to her, the pain and the struggle she had to overcome. Sadly she has not had a panic attack for so long, now the panic attack has begun this time strong enough that poor Archie knew and held his sister close as she try to push through it.

"It's ok I'm here."

He looked at Marie.

"Get Jughead now!"

Marie ran and instantly found him as she explained everything they made it back and Jughead sees Jess struggles with her memories of Josh as Fred rubbed her back and did everything that would calmed her down but nothing was helping she screamed.

"MAKE IT STOP!"

Jughead instantly played Jessica's mother and Archie's godmother,  Emily's lullaby in an instant her dark memories stopped. Jess began to relax as she sighed in exhaustion and admitted.

"I am so scared to sleep tonight if he shows up in my dreams, please stay tonight?"

Archie and Jughead nodded.

"We will. I will go pack our stuff."

Jughead said.

Jessica looks at Fred as he couldn't believe that a letter could trigger everything. Fred asked.

"What can I do to help?"

Jessica said.

"Burn the letter please I can't look at it."

Fred kisses her forehead and went back to work before he worked at the office, he burned the letter for his baby girl.

During class she couldn't focus on anything as she felt exhausted from earlier with treatment and what Josh's letter did to her. She gently rested her head and let sleep taken over. When class was done, Veronica shook her awake.

"Jess?"

Jessica sat up and wheeled out to the next class which was dance class but she was drained as a lot took so much out of her.

"I will definitely go for attendance."

She watched her friends dance as she sat in the corner as her professor was aware of her treatments. Later that night, Jughead crawled in and held her close as she fell asleep. Archie pray for Jess for a better day tomorrow before he fell asleep.