Surprise from Grandma Marie and breaking the news

So for months Grandma Marie has been going out of her way for her granddaughter. The problem no one had the heart to say that Jess lost the baby. Marie had been working on the nursery for months and she couldn't wait to reveal to Jess the nursery. Jess comes in so excited to see her grandmother and instantly Marie was wheeling her to the door as Archie, Fred, Mary and FP try to convince Marie to stop and not show Jess the nursery knowing Jess will break down or something but as Jess looked at them they smiled for Jess's sake.

"Grandma you don't have to show me it ok."

But it was too late the door opens and inside was a beautiful nursery.

"I did this for you."

Jess was speechless as she wheeled inside and took it all in but when she got to the crib, she tremble wishing her baby boy was in there fighting the tears she admitted.

"Oh grandma it's gorgeous. I don't know what to say, Jug would be so amazed by this!"

She gently said.

"I'm so sorry to share this but I couldn't find the words on the phone knowing how excited you were for Jug and I. I had a miscarriage at 20 weeks."

Marie understood.

"Oh Jess I'm so sorry."

The two hugged. Jess broke down as they all expecting to happen she then decided to confess.

"Just wheeling toward an empty crib, my heart broke knowing my son isn't going to be there."

At this point no one knew of the gender  it shocked them especially Mary, Archie, Fred and FP.

"Jughead is handing the loss really well but I'm not. From the moment I learned that it would have been a boy, I just collapsed in tears."

Archie was curious.

"What would have been his name?"

Jessica struggle to say it but breathe through it.

"Matthew Frederick Jughead Jones."

Fred teared up he wasn't prepared for that. Marie hug her recognizing the connection of the name.

"Your father....he would have loved it."

Jessica said.

"Yeah I did put a lot of thought into the name and jughead knew how my dad and Fred meant everything to me and I wanted to honor their friendship for sure."

Fred hugged her for a long time knowing how hard it is for her.

"Thank you I wasn't expecting the name."

Jessica smile.

"Welcome. I know my son is with my parents now."

She then Instagram a video of the nursery and said.

SerpentPrincess🐍:God bless my grandmother, Marie. She created this beautiful surprise of what could have been our son's nursery. Leading up to this moment I haven't told her about the miscarriage and every time I tried on the phone, she would say. "I'm so excited for you two! You are both going to be incredible parents."  I would be thinking nope not today. Her support for us is amazing that I did not want to crush her spirit. Unbeknownst to me, she created this ever since I initially announced that we were expecting. Eventually I told her and she understood but I know for a fact in the future I would use this room for our next child.

Jughead saw the post and was amazed.

Serpentprince: Oh Angel,  I can't imagine how hard it was to tell your grandmother. This nursery is awesome I promise we will use it for the next child. ❤️